IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

After trade in issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-16, 09:43 PM
Hdo24
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After trade in issues

Hi Guys, earlier this month i had traded in my IS350 for a RC350 and i had a ARK catback and AFe Intake installed and during signing of papers they agree to give me back the catback and intake if i had given them the stock parts back. I had dropped off the Stock parts off at the dealers and my salesman had told me he would've taken care of it, I did not hear a response from him for couple weeks and then he told me they had issues with the car and then didn't call back again till earlier this week saying I would have to pay them to have the Aftermarket exhaust and intake replace with the stock parts. I have never trade in a car before so i don't know anything, but do i have to pay them if we had agree on giving back my aftermarket parts? They had never said anything about paying for the service till now. Also there was an issue with the trade in but since my salesman never asked the payoff price and just gave the financial manager an estimate. It would almost be a month since taking the RC.
Old 07-23-16, 08:56 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

What do the papers you signed say? period... Any well intentioned table talk with the salesman carries zero weight
with the Shop Manager who has to pay for the talent and tools you want and with the Used Car Manager that has to
change his profit/loss column to pay for it. If you are into next months business you are unlikely to be getting what
was discussed at the desk, Delaying a trade in car from being available to resell is poison to the store and it is not
presentable or salable with your trick pieces involved,
Old 07-23-16, 08:58 AM
TXEDIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one could be tricky. Unless you got it in writing on the "You Owe / We Owe" document, you may be out of luck. Did they tell you how much they would charge to install the stock parts? I'm thinking a few hours labor, max. Was your intent to sell the aftermarket exhaust and intake?

Your best bet would be to go back to the dealership in person and talk with them to find out what the issue was that they found on your trade in. If you really want the parts back you may have to suck up the cost of switching back to stock. Keep us updated on your situation.
Old 07-23-16, 11:12 AM
Hdo24
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My salesman said it would cost 300 some to install the stock exhaust, it only took the mechanic 1hr to install the ARK catback and charged me 100$ but it was from a local mechanic, i couldnt get an appointment in time to change backs with them. I was going to sale the parts after since i would have no use for it. Going to dealer monday to talk to them.
Old 07-23-16, 11:30 AM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make a big deal ask for manager if he doesnt say yes ask for general manager. Threaten with yelp thats crappy some sales guys are douche bags.
Old 07-23-16, 12:06 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand getting your parts back in exchange for the stock parts, but you have to understand that installing the stock parts back costs money, in their terms, labor. $300 is steep, but those are dealer prices
Old 07-23-16, 12:08 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
What do the papers you signed say? period... Any well intentioned table talk with the salesman carries zero weight
with the Shop Manager who has to pay for the talent and tools you want and with the Used Car Manager that has to
change his profit/loss column to pay for it. If you are into next months business you are unlikely to be getting what
was discussed at the desk, Delaying a trade in car from being available to resell is poison to the store and it is not
presentable or salable with your trick pieces involved,
This is exactly right. I put my 250 F Sport back to stock before turning it in for exactly this reason. If it's not in writing, they don't have to honor it.