RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

First Service Appointment - Checklist? Any Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-16, 08:09 AM
SFocLA
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First Service Appointment - Checklist? Any Tips?

Hi all - not sure if there is a thread about this already. I searched and went through several forums with bits and pieces. Let me know if there is something out there already.

Going in for my first service appointment for the 5k or whatever. I read 5K service is your only opportunity to have them customize settings at no charge, so I wanted to get a checklist going:

1. Requesting to open all windows feature from key fob
2. Check navigation, airbag recall just in case.

Anything else that was helpful?

I also have signs of the leather in the center console already creased from no reason I will complain about. Will be going to Lexus of Glendale, CA.

Thanks!

Jon

Last edited by SFocLA; 07-14-16 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-14-16, 08:38 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Why do you want to open your windows and sunroof with your remote?

I have seem horrors on cars with that enabled. People accidentally opened all windows and sunroof when the fob was pressed in their pocket/ purse.

Then came the heavy rain..............................................................................................
Old 07-14-16, 08:41 AM
SFocLA
Driver

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Why do you want to open your windows and sunroof with your remote?

I have seem horrors on cars with that enabled. People accidentally opened all windows and sunroof when the fob was pressed in their pocket/ purse.

Then came the heavy rain..............................................................................................
I live in California, there is no rain.

I have had this feature on my previous lexus, it was a great feature for me.
Old 07-14-16, 09:09 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the air conditioning gurgling sound I would ask them if there's a fix yet. I still have the gurgling sound in mine.
Old 07-14-16, 10:01 AM
dfc350
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The 5K service is your only opportunity to have them customize settings at no charge:

2016 Lexus RX 350 Personalized Settings (PDF)
The following users liked this post:
yok3dIS (07-09-17)
Old 07-14-16, 10:31 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I have three documents that would be of very high importance for anyone owning an RX 350 or RX 450h. As always, each can be found here: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

First, the Lexus Personalized Settings Page (this one is for the RX 450h).

"Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences. Programming of these features is performed once at no charge by your Lexus Dealer provided you obtain the service at the 6-month/5,000-mile scheduled maintenance service."

Second, the Lexus service manual for the RX 350 and 450h.

"Complimentary First
Scheduled Maintenance
Service: Six Months or 5,000 Miles
Lexus provides your first scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first. To obtain this service, contact your Lexus dealership. Your complimentary service will include these items:
• Inspect and adjust all fluid levels
• Program Lexus Personalized
Settings, if requested
• Reset scheduled maintenance
reminder
• Rotate tires
• Visually inspect brake pads,
calipers and rotors
• Check installation of driver’s
floor mat
• Inspect wiper blades
• Road-test vehicle "

I suggest printing out the service manual and keeping a copy in the car! Certainly do nothing less than what is recommended!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-MMS-16RX350.pdf (448.7 KB, 508 views)
File Type: pdf
L-MMS-16RX450H.pdf (1.30 MB, 298 views)
Old 07-14-16, 02:39 PM
SFocLA
Driver

amazing tips, checklist is awesome. Thanks!!
Old 07-14-16, 10:43 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SFocLA
amazing tips, checklist is awesome. Thanks!!
Hey Jon, are you currently using the auto folding of the side mirror? If so, are you going to customize it so that the folding is linked to the ignition (instead of being linked to door locking)?

I made such a request at longo lexus they were not able to do it because they said could not find such setting..
Old 07-15-16, 12:34 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Originally Posted by kenforum
Hey Jon, are you currently using the auto folding of the side mirror? If so, are you going to customize it so that the folding is linked to the ignition (instead of being linked to door locking)?

I made such a request at longo lexus they were not able to do it because they said could not find such setting..
Here it is - see #48.

Btw, I bought the Carista OBD adapter so I plan on doing customizations myself.

Last edited by Macs4RX; 07-15-16 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added thought
Old 07-15-16, 05:21 PM
kenforum
Driver

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
Here it is - see #48. Btw, I bought the Carista OBD adapter so I plan on doing customizations myself.
Hey thanks anyway man I was letting the dealer do it for me as I don't wanna spend money to buy Carissa app and the adapter.

They told me that there is no such customization setting for folding mirror on whatever tool (or computer??) they used. Could that be true? Or whoever tech guy was simply did not know how to do it?
Old 07-15-16, 08:19 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Originally Posted by kenforum
Hey thanks anyway man I was letting the dealer do it for me as I don't wanna spend money to buy Carissa app and the adapter.

They told me that there is no such customization setting for folding mirror on whatever tool (or computer??) they used. Could that be true? Or whoever tech guy was simply did not know how to do it?
I would say that the person whom you spoke with at Longo clearly didn't know how to change the mirror settings. The photo shown above is the Lexus Personalized Settings selection form. Customers can print it out and mark any changes they want performed. As many have noted, it's a free service at the 5K Maintenance visit.
Old 07-15-16, 11:53 PM
kenforum
Driver

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
I would say that the person whom you spoke with at Longo clearly didn't know how to change the mirror settings. The photo shown above is the Lexus Personalized Settings selection form. Customers can print it out and mark any changes they want performed. As many have noted, it's a free service at the 5K Maintenance visit.
Looks like the carissa app is the only way to go if i want to get it done then.

Thanks again.
Old 07-19-16, 01:19 PM
SFocLA
Driver

My first experience at Lexus of Glendale was a little disappointing compared to my experience with Downtown Los Angeles Audi and Benz.

-Scheduled 5k appointment online, in comment section requested a loaner and phone call.
-Phone call came later to confirm apt but explained no loaner car, I was not pleased, eventually got it
-Showed up 7am Apt time, checked in at service desk and let them know I had a loaner as well
-Met with service rep guy who looked like he smashed a few beers a night before, he could care less what I had to say. I showed him the print out of personalized specs and you could tell he was like whatever.
-Explained to him braking vibrations he said it was normal
-Explained to him my leather on center console had distress marks, he said he would look into it but prob cant fix it even when I explained I wanted a replacement
-Explained the personalized settings, he said he will note it but may not be able to do it even though worksheet says 2016 Lexus RX.
-When confirming loaner car, he said 5k service does not come with one, I explained I got approval, he didnt believe me so I requested to talk to Service Manager

Service Manager Chris - who was 100x better than this washed up old dude was alert and right away explained the leather inconsistency and said he would order a new section for me. Then he asked about how I got crossbars on pano roof which was cool that he noticed. Overall good guy and will be contacting him from now on.

-Lexus gave me a loaner even but they said to refill it with gas before I come back otherwise I would get charged, seems a little nickle/dimey to me because Audi/Benz have always said just bring it back dont worry about gas. Not a big deal but still bugged me haha.

Moral of story: Find a good service rep, make a connection, and do not take NO for an answer

My personalized settings:
-blinker changed from 3 to 4 blinks
-turned off beep noise when trunk goes up (this drove my wife and baby nuts when napping)
-windows go down from remote

Ken- I did not request to change mirror unlock/lock settings because I prefer it how it is so I can see if my car is locked from far away.
Old 07-19-16, 06:07 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by SFocLA
My first experience at Lexus of Glendale was a little disappointing compared to my experience with Downtown Los Angeles Audi and Benz.

-Scheduled 5k appointment online, in comment section requested a loaner and phone call.
-Phone call came later to confirm apt but explained no loaner car, I was not pleased, eventually got it
-Showed up 7am Apt time, checked in at service desk and let them know I had a loaner as well
-Met with service rep guy who looked like he smashed a few beers a night before, he could care less what I had to say. I showed him the print out of personalized specs and you could tell he was like whatever.
-Explained to him braking vibrations he said it was normal
-Explained to him my leather on center console had distress marks, he said he would look into it but prob cant fix it even when I explained I wanted a replacement
-Explained the personalized settings, he said he will note it but may not be able to do it even though worksheet says 2016 Lexus RX.
-When confirming loaner car, he said 5k service does not come with one, I explained I got approval, he didnt believe me so I requested to talk to Service Manager

Service Manager Chris - who was 100x better than this washed up old dude was alert and right away explained the leather inconsistency and said he would order a new section for me. Then he asked about how I got crossbars on pano roof which was cool that he noticed. Overall good guy and will be contacting him from now on.

-Lexus gave me a loaner even but they said to refill it with gas before I come back otherwise I would get charged, seems a little nickle/dimey to me because Audi/Benz have always said just bring it back dont worry about gas. Not a big deal but still bugged me haha.

Moral of story: Find a good service rep, make a connection, and do not take NO for an answer

My personalized settings:
-blinker changed from 3 to 4 blinks
-turned off beep noise when trunk goes up (this drove my wife and baby nuts when napping)
-windows go down from remote

Ken- I did not request to change mirror unlock/lock settings because I prefer it how it is so I can see if my car is locked from far away.
How did you get the cross bars on with the Pano roof?
Old 07-19-16, 06:23 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
How did you get the cross bars on with the Pano roof?
He has a thread on it I think

Quick Reply: First Service Appointment - Checklist? Any Tips?