Pricing/discounts on 2016 GS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-16, 01:59 PM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pricing/discounts on 2016 GS350 F Sport

Hello Everyone.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here.

I am looking to purchase a 2016 GS 350 F Sport in the next couple of months and wanted to get feedback with regards to the kind of pricing or discounts that other people that have purchased a 2016 have received.

Listed below are the packages that i care about.

- F Sport Package
- Lexus Safety System Plus
- Preferred Accessory Package
- One touch power trunk

That puts the MSRP at $56,355 and Invoice at $52,343.

I have seen people in some of the other threads mention 15 - 25% off MSRP for the 2015 model so i am curious what people have received on the 2016 model and what would be considered a good deal.

One option i may have would be to wait till the 2017 model comes out before purchasing (if my current car lasts that long). Typically when do the next year models come out?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-31-16, 04:08 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently waiting till Nov/Dec. To get my hands on a 2017.
My lease maturation date is in Dec. I just got a voucher in the mail saying that they will waive 3 months of payment If i want to get in a new lexus.
Old 05-31-16, 04:21 PM
Kamber
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to my local dealership today just to look at some color combos in person, because I might be looking to purchase a lightly used 2015 AWD F-Sport in the near future and will more than likely have to fly out of state to make said purchase and wanted to be absolutely comfortable/familiar with different color combos before booking any 1 way tickets. I wanted to see how Atomic Silver looked versus Liquid Platinum or Nebula Gray Pearl in person, etc. Unfortunately, there were no examples of the cabernet interior, as the red interior on 2016 F-Sports are Rioja (which I absolutely loved!), not cabernet. I was kind of bummed, because a Cabernet interior was the main thing I wanted to check out in person, as it looks way too orange'ish in pictures for my preference, but we all know how hard it is to capture certain interior colors in photographs, especially with all our monitors calibrated differently, etc. For example; the Rioja red gives me 0 impression of being orangish in-person, but did appear significantly warmer with slight pink/orangish vibes when viewed through the screen of my Samsung Galaxy S6.

The general manager was pretty cool about it even though he knew I did not intend on buying a vehicle from them whatsoever (all they have left at this point are 2016's, but the purpose of my trip was to compare colors, so it didn't matter to me). He had a couple different 2016's brought up front for me to look at in various color combinations.

He confirmed for me that there was a time around January/February earlier this year that all their left-over-new 2015 F-Sports got snatched up, as they were able to significantly discount them. Im assuming that is when deals such as $42k-$45k before TTL for a $58k-$60k MSRP car were obtainable. He mentioned that there was a significant amount of cash incentive being offered in February that allowed them to discount this steeply; I can't remember the amount but I think it was $6500; don't quote me on that, but it makes sense because that would be enough to stretch a 15% discount off MSRP all the way to 25% off MSRP.

I really appreciated how cool he was about doing everything he could to accommodate my request to view certain color combos while imposing zero push or sales pitch whatsoever, so I told him he would be the first guy I call if/when the 2016's start to see similar discounting as the 2015's did last year, assuming I don't find a discounted enough lightly used 2015 in the next few months (I'm aiming for $39k-$40k before TTL on a <5,000 mile 2015 AWD F-Sport /w ML).

I told him if he can get me into a ~$59-60k MSRP 2016 for $43-44k once they're looking to clear out room for 2017's, I'd probably be happy to take an F-Sport off his hands. He said to touch base with him in September to see what's up, so at least in my area, I doubt anything close to 25% is attainable for the immediate time being. I think if you were okay with ~15% off MSRP for a 2016, you could probably manage it no problem considering the 2016's are nearing the end of their production cycle (it's already past the cut-off date to custom-order a 2016 GS) and we are less than 4-5 months away from 2017's hitting dealership lots.

Best of luck in your hunt! Please share and let us know if you find anything out.

Last edited by Kamber; 05-31-16 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-31-16, 05:43 PM
chemchemgm
Driver School Candidate

I got as low as 50388 plus ttl for a 2016 gs350 f sport. From a dealership in so cal.
Old 05-31-16, 07:02 PM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kamber
I went to my local dealership today just to look at some color combos in person, because I might be looking to purchase a lightly used 2015 AWD F-Sport in the near future and will more than likely have to fly out of state to make said purchase and wanted to be absolutely comfortable/familiar with different color combos before booking any 1 way tickets. I wanted to see how Atomic Silver looked versus Liquid Platinum or Nebula Gray Pearl in person, etc. Unfortunately, there were no examples of the cabernet interior, as the red interior on 2016 F-Sports are Rioja (which I absolutely loved!), not cabernet. I was kind of bummed, because a Cabernet interior was the main thing I wanted to check out in person, as it looks way too orange'ish in pictures for my preference, but we all know how hard it is to capture certain interior colors in photographs, especially with all our monitors calibrated differently, etc. For example; the Rioja red gives me 0 impression of being orangish in-person, but did appear significantly warmer with slight pink/orangish vibes when viewed through the screen of my Samsung Galaxy S6.

The general manager was pretty cool about it even though he knew I did not intend on buying a vehicle from them whatsoever (all they have left at this point are 2016's, but the purpose of my trip was to compare colors, so it didn't matter to me). He had a couple different 2016's brought up front for me to look at in various color combinations.

He confirmed for me that there was a time around January/February earlier this year that all their left-over-new 2015 F-Sports got snatched up, as they were able to significantly discount them. Im assuming that is when deals such as $42k-$45k before TTL for a $58k-$60k MSRP car were obtainable. He mentioned that there was a significant amount of cash incentive being offered in February that allowed them to discount this steeply; I can't remember the amount but I think it was $6500; don't quote me on that, but it makes sense because that would be enough to stretch a 15% discount off MSRP all the way to 25% off MSRP.

I really appreciated how cool he was about doing everything he could to accommodate my request to view certain color combos while imposing zero push or sales pitch whatsoever, so I told him he would be the first guy I call if/when the 2016's start to see similar discounting as the 2015's did last year, assuming I don't find a discounted enough lightly used 2015 in the next few months (I'm aiming for $39k-$40k before TTL on a <5,000 mile 2015 AWD F-Sport /w ML).

I told him if he can get me into a ~$59-60k MSRP 2016 for $43-44k once they're looking to clear out room for 2017's, I'd probably be happy to take an F-Sport off his hands. He said to touch base with him in September to see what's up, so at least in my area, I doubt anything close to 25% is attainable for the immediate time being. I think if you were okay with ~15% off MSRP for a 2016, you could probably manage it no problem considering the 2016's are nearing the end of their production cycle (it's already past the cut-off date to custom-order a 2016 GS) and we are less than 4-5 months away from 2017's hitting dealership lots.

Best of luck in your hunt! Please share and let us know if you find anything out.
Thanks for the feedback! I think that sounds reasonable - i will keep everyone posted on the outcome of hunt. Hopefully i can hold out for a few more months.
Old 05-31-16, 07:04 PM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chemchemgm
I got as low as 50388 plus ttl for a 2016 gs350 f sport. From a dealership in so cal.
Awesome, Thanks for the feedback. Does that price include your TT&L ?
Old 05-31-16, 08:03 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ready4aGS
Awesome, Thanks for the feedback. Does that price include your TT&L ?
It would not, since his words were "50388 plus ttl."

What part of TX are you in? My experience in the state has been less open than Kamber's up in WA. It seems FL and CA run fairly high volume and have the best deals.

In the Austin area, my experience was that they're quite friendly but not too interested in making a sale (new or used) if you want a good deal. They seem to think higher than invoice for leftover inventory is a "good deal."

Best of luck in your search! You'll never get the best deal if you're in a hurry. Two key things that help are having time on your side, and knowing what you want and are willing to pay and being prepared to execute quickly if they meet your price.
Old 05-31-16, 08:57 PM
Kamber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spoogenet
It seems FL and CA run fairly high volume and have the best deals.
Much agreed, Spoogenet.

I wish that their climates weren't so specifically suited to RWD that an AWD specimen is nearly impossible to find, but alas, you can't have it all :P
Old 05-31-16, 10:06 PM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spoogenet
What part of TX are you in?
I am in Dallas.
Old 05-31-16, 10:20 PM
Kamber
Driver School Candidate

This isn't all THAT far from you, incase you're interested in a low mileage 2015. I personally don't really like the choice of colors used on the crafted line, but if it's your cup of tea this may be worth looking into (located in Santa Fe, NM):

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6164/overview/

Be aware that as of yesterday, this was listed for $44,995. They've obviously bumped their list price up since, but I bet their actual bottom line is the same as it always was (whatever it may be; i didn't do any looking into it or the dealership past running the VIN through lexusdrivers).

Last edited by Kamber; 05-31-16 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-01-16, 06:45 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 121 Posts

I highly advise you go take a look at that 2015 Crafted Line posted by Kamber. I was never a fan of white cars. However, after taking a look inside the crafted line, I fell in love. The F-sport usually comes in aluminum trim interior. The crafted like has a dark wood with aluminum border trim. It looks terrific! There's also about only 800 made.
If I were to buy a 2016, I would first ask for 20% off MSRP and go from there. If they can't do it, wait til September and try again.
Old 06-01-16, 07:47 AM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

My preference would be a 2016, but if i cannot get one in my price range then i will most likely consider a 2015.

I'm going to try for about 20% off MSRP when it gets close to the end of the month, and if i cant work something out i'll wait till the 2017s are out.
Old 06-01-16, 07:49 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You should check to see if there are any current financing incentives/promotions. During my search, I found that only 2 of the dozen dealers I contacted mentioned these promos to me. Even if you don't plan on financing, it may be worth your while to finance for 3 months then pay it off just to get these promos.

For reference, I purchased my 2016 F Sport on 4/29. Paid $52,665 OTD on an MSRP of $58,885. This included $3,000 loyalty rebate (promo only offered if I financed) and $1,000 certificate for attending the auto show. Tax rate for me was 9% and I forget how much title and license was. This was also in Southern California where it's a totally different market from yours. Good luck on your search!
Old 06-01-16, 08:17 AM
Ready4aGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
You should check to see if there are any current financing incentives/promotions. During my search, I found that only 2 of the dozen dealers I contacted mentioned these promos to me. Even if you don't plan on financing, it may be worth your while to finance for 3 months then pay it off just to get these promos.

For reference, I purchased my 2016 F Sport on 4/29. Paid $52,665 OTD on an MSRP of $58,885. This included $3,000 loyalty rebate (promo only offered if I financed) and $1,000 certificate for attending the auto show. Tax rate for me was 9% and I forget how much title and license was. This was also in Southern California where it's a totally different market from yours. Good luck on your search!
Thanks for the feedback and congrats on the purchase!

A couple of weeks ago my local dealer had 0.9% financing along with the $3000 loyalty rebate for owners of Lexus/Toyota.

Which options did you get with your GS?
Old 06-01-16, 11:48 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
I highly advise you go take a look at that 2015 Crafted Line posted by Kamber. I was never a fan of white cars. However, after taking a look inside the crafted line, I fell in love. The F-sport usually comes in aluminum trim interior. The crafted like has a dark wood with aluminum border trim. It looks terrific! There's also about only 800 made.
If I were to buy a 2016, I would first ask for 20% off MSRP and go from there. If they can't do it, wait til September and try again.
I wish crafted line didn't have the red/black seats. Looks like a cheap ebay racing seat. I wish it was all one color or I had the option of getting one

Quick Reply: Pricing/discounts on 2016 GS350 F Sport