2jJecht's Daily '93 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-16, 08:12 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jJecht's Daily '93 SC300

Hello Club Lexus,
Name is Maxwell, hailing from the Southern Metro of Minnesota. Last week I sold my FC3S RX-7 project to pick up a daily. Currently I own a 98' toyota camry that started knocking on me after 300,000, and I needed something to get around until I can repair it. This Lexus caught my interest on craigslist so off I went. I was NOT expecting to like this car so much..

1993 Lexus SC300, Royal Jade Green, Tan (god awful interior) Automatic.. Has some CP wheels, LS400 front brake conversion, eBay front Lip of some sort, a nameless intake, some 8mm spark plug wires, aftermarket shocks, tanabe lowering springs, and a 177,xxx miles. Does Not leak any fluids, and runs really good.

Plans for now are to clean up the ragged disgusting interior. I replaced the old steering wheel with a Grip Royal suede wheel I had from a previous build, along with a nrg quick release. Had to buy a new hub. Ill be replacing the seats tonight with some Bimarco Grip seats I also had from a previous build. Fixed back, bucket seat 38" wide. Very comfortable as far as bucket seats go. Also there is a exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold, I will be replacing this, and fabbing a custom exhaust when that comes in - 3" 304 S.S with one vibrant performance Ultra Quiet Resonator.

As soon as I fix my camry, I will decide what to do with this.. Really interested in getting a standalone, 2.5mm HG,+625 ARP Headstuds, Fuel upgrades, Boost, and a r154 or even a v160 MT driveline conversion. But that's getting too far ahead of myself right now

Keeping the first post short, here are some pictures from last night - roughly a week after buying.

Last edited by 2jJecht; 05-24-16 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-19-16, 08:43 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

You are off to a good start, the body looks solid. Send your cluster and climate control to Tannin electronics for a nice rebuild. Once cleaned up it will look nice. Have fun with her.
Old 05-19-16, 12:38 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
You are off to a good start, the body looks solid. Send your cluster and climate control to Tannin electronics for a nice rebuild. Once cleaned up it will look nice. Have fun with her.
Thanks for the recommendation! We always appreciate that from customers!

Here is the link to our repair service:

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/L...ter_repair.htm

Looking forward to helping out as soon as we can on this one. It looks to be a great car!
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 05-19-16, 12:59 PM
DHenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing that it doesn't leak! That's a great start!

And looks like you weren't kidding... really have your work cut out for you on the interior, but at least it's not rotten!

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 05-19-16, 08:25 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys.

@TaninAuto i definitely will hit you up when the time comes!

The interior really got put in perspective tonight. Carpet was not worth saving, hell.. a lot of the interior is pretty far gone besides the dash, and headliner. Maybe the rear seats are going to be a keeper once I take a closer look.

Anyways, I rid myself of the trashed carpet (going to pick up black interior or come up with a DIY plan for the carpet, center trim, and possibly door panels.) I kept the center console trims to see how much of it I can restore over the weekend. Seat brackets to fab up over the weekend as well, because tonight.. I got to tired, and hungry after seeing these hot cheetos lol.

Old 05-20-16, 02:33 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The front lip looks like the lip from a supra. Also good luck with the interior.
Old 05-20-16, 04:46 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice start. No pics of the fc
Old 05-20-16, 05:36 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
The front lip looks like the lip from a supra. Also good luck with the interior.
Yeah, i kinda like it, at least for now. Thanks, it's already starting to look up with that nasty carpet outta there, smells much better too.

Originally Posted by kez
Nice start. No pics of the fc
Tons. Here are a few of the before and afters. I didn't do much. It was a 1986 rx7 base model -n/a 13b fuel injected - stock powertrain. Was planning on a 4g64/63 straight 4 swap using a starion g64 wideblock, 4g63 1g dsm head, & a t2 trans/drivetrain swap, but some things came up, and I parted out the project + sold the 7. Had done some Fortune auto 500 coilovers, drag dr-44 wheels, s13 pig nose front lip, S5 tail lights, 304 stainless steel 3" 2 piece full exhaust pipe with one resonator, Grip royal wheel, PBM seats, custom shift ****. It was a fun thing to drive around. I'm sure i'll have another one some day.

Old 05-25-16, 11:28 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Little update over the weekend work. Still have yet to get my seats in, but only because I spent a ton of time cleaning, and working on a friends truck. I scrubbed the dash and door panels as best I could. The door panels will need a little more love, and I am leaning towards making the bottom half of the panels black, update the speaker trim, along with re-vinyling the arm rests on the door panels. Few pictures of where it's at right now below.

The last picture is the underchassis before I took off the stock exhaust system. Went with a nameless exhaust manifold that was made for the 93 N/A Supra. I didn't want to repair the stock cast exhaust mani, and I didn't want to spend too much on a nice NA exhaust manifold (or bother attempting to fab one up) with a future turbo manifold in mind. From the new manifold back I used 3" 304 s.s. straight pipe, and one vibrant performance ultra quiet resonator. Might decide to make it a little quieter, not sure yet.. Just a little too loud for my taste on acceleration in between the 4-5k rpm range. I usually Tig, but I was limited on materials, and angle cuts/bends so I mig'd this one together to get it driveable again so no pictures of the mig job because I was limited on time to snap a few pictures aka lazy, but i'll post some tig work here when I decide to boost it and make more fab pipes (exhaust, intercooler piping, manifold, etc). Really like the idle. Link is here ->

Last edited by 2jJecht; 05-25-16 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-27-16, 07:22 AM
Leja145
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I need to do the same with my interior. Looks just as bad as yours did in the first few pictures
Old 06-22-16, 09:19 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Been Busy lately but here is a little update!

Finally did the rear rotors and pads. Stole the stock seat rail off the destroyed driver seat to fabricate the mount for my Bimarco Grip Seat. Welded some cross pieces before I removed it from the stock seat to assure fitment. Not the prettiest Mig welds but it's strong as hell & fits exactly where I need it. Just prepped and got the rail ready to paint tonight. After this I will drop the carpet back in and further my interior restoration.

Old 06-24-16, 11:49 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Almost all together in the inside. Just gotta clean the door panels/rear panels and snap it all back together. Going to do some fabric replacements when I rip off the junk pleather.

Last edited by 2jJecht; 07-29-16 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-01-16, 12:41 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Fabricated up another exhaust now that I had access to more pipe. Tigged this one together using 3" 304 stainless again. Moved the vibrant resonator to the middle of the tunnel, and put a vibrant muffler 4" tip at the exit, with one flex section shortly after the first flange.

Old 08-12-16, 01:14 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

New exhaust clip of the day. Friend behind the wheel so I could finally hear it.
Old 08-12-16, 02:36 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Good start.....My carpet looked that nasty as well....all the years of people spilling **** everywhere....

Quick Reply: 2jJecht's Daily '93 SC300