RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Disable the seatbelt buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-16, 05:07 AM
adambomb6
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Disable the seatbelt buzzer

Has anyone been able to successfully disable the seatbelt buzzer? I tried to follow some other instructions on CL for previous models, but I can't seem to get the menu up.

Am I doing it wrong or are the steps somehow different for 2016?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-16, 06:32 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

There are four ways. One way cost some money, another way cost a little more but also very useful and another way is hard and risky. And one way is free.

Way #1:
You can buy one of these on Amazon or Ebay. Many different colors, Lexus emblems, and even carbon fiber!

Way #2:
Spend a little more money and buy a bluetooth OBD II module and download Carista App. In addition to turning off seat belt alarm you can do 50 other things like set your car windows roll down with remote fob or change how the door locks behave etc.....

Way # 3:
You can find exactly where the seat belt buzzer/speaker is located and disconnect that speaker/buzzer manually or even pull a fuse if they have one for that buzzer. This may risk damage to you car if you dont know what your doing. I did this to my 2006 LS430 car seat buzzer without issues. This way before i knew about Carista App.

Way 4:
This is the cheapest and easiest way. Just take your car to your dealer on its first maintenance appointment at 5,000 or 10,000 they should change you cars settings the first time for you for free. If you ask them to change it again it will then cost you money so its only free the first time.
The following users liked this post:
RCA350 (09-10-20)
Old 04-03-16, 06:41 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

carista and a Bluetooth obd2
Old 04-04-16, 08:22 AM
adambomb6
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, the carista app sounds like a great option. I looked at the lexus rx sample on the carista app and I see you might be able to set it for the driver and the passenger (which is kind of cool).

I'm certainly not looking for something like the option 1 seat belt plug LOL.

My assumption was the previous way (pressing start button and ODO button in specific sequence) to get into that menu maybe does not work on 2016 RX, but its a bit tricky and maybe I was doing it wrong.
The following users liked this post:
RCA350 (09-10-20)
Old 04-04-16, 05:10 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
carista and a Bluetooth obd2
Does that work on the 4th RX? I know that worked for the 3rd gen
Old 04-04-16, 06:23 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Does that work on the 4th RX? I know that worked for the 3rd gen
Yes. I have used it on mine.
Old 04-15-16, 10:42 AM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bootman
Yes. I have used it on mine.
I was looking to do this but when I was reading the reviews on Amazon for the Carista OBD2 adapter I found this,

"Ridiculous price point to use pro features of their app
ByJason Colemanon March 29, 2016
Purchased this when their price was $20 for the pro version of their app. A week later i receive it in the mail, plug it in, and they're now charging $10/week or $55/year to use any "pro" features of their app. Absolutely ridiculous pricing. Stay clear of this, many other good options that will cost less."

Is the monthly/annual fee true? Or is it still a one time $20 fee?
Old 04-15-16, 10:50 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by frubalup
I was looking to do this but when I was reading the reviews on Amazon for the Carista OBD2 adapter I found this,

"Ridiculous price point to use pro features of their app
ByJason Colemanon March 29, 2016
Purchased this when their price was $20 for the pro version of their app. A week later i receive it in the mail, plug it in, and they're now charging $10/week or $55/year to use any "pro" features of their app. Absolutely ridiculous pricing. Stay clear of this, many other good options that will cost less."

Is the monthly/annual fee true? Or is it still a one time $20 fee?

iphone:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id954363569

one time free of $19.99 (I have this one)

android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3Dcarista_site

fees range from $0.99 - $39.99 per item
it appears the Android app has a different pricing structure.

where the iphone app is allor nothing the Android app appears to allow you to pick and chose the features you want to access.
Old 04-15-16, 10:55 AM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mjeds
iphone:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id954363569

one time free of $19.99 (I have this one)

android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3Dcarista_site

fees range from $0.99 - $39.99 per item
it appears the Android app has a different pricing structure.

where the iphone app is allor nothing the Android app appears to allow you to pick and chose the features you want to access.
Great! Thanks for the info, I also checked the app on the app store and it lists it as a $27.99 (CAD) purchase. Once other thing, I've never used one of these before and have no idea where I'm supposed to plug this thing in... any chance someone can tell me where it is and possibly a photo if it's not too much trouble?
Old 04-15-16, 11:05 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by frubalup
Great! Thanks for the info, I also checked the app on the app store and it lists it as a $27.99 (CAD) purchase. Once other thing, I've never used one of these before and have no idea where I'm supposed to plug this thing in... any chance someone can tell me where it is and possibly a photo if it's not too much trouble?

all cars from 1996 on have an ODBII port under the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, all cars are different some are visible, some behind a hidden door, some mounted vertical, some horizontal, etc.

but the port is the same in all cars:
https://www.google.com/search?q=obdI...w=1920&bih=867

plug it in, then turn the car on (don't start, just acc mode, 2 pushes of start button WITHOUT foot on brake)
sync it to your phone via Bluetooth (with only happen after it has power) and go play.
Old 04-17-16, 09:21 AM
TomT127
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I automatically put on my seatbelt when I get in a car so disabling the buzzer does not pose a safety issue for me. I wish Lexus (and others) had an option that allowed the buzzer to go off for just 30 seconds and then stop instead of going on forever.
Old 04-17-16, 12:46 PM
adambomb6
Driver School Candidate

Last week I got one of the $20 odb II bluetooth adapters from amazon that had reviews that said it worked with carista.
Plugged it into the rx, linked it up to my android phone, started up the carista app and boom it showed me all of the options (wow there are a lot of them!). Then I did the ONE TIME fee of $20 and changed a few - including turning off the driver/passenger buzzer and also setting my doors to all unlock when I grab the handle. Worked perfectly!

I was on the fence about the carista, but its really a cool app! And really easy to use!
Old 04-17-16, 05:15 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by adambomb6
Last week I got one of the $20 odb II bluetooth adapters from amazon that had reviews that said it worked with carista.
Plugged it into the rx, linked it up to my android phone, started up the carista app and boom it showed me all of the options (wow there are a lot of them!). Then I did the ONE TIME fee of $20 and changed a few - including turning off the driver/passenger buzzer and also setting my doors to all unlock when I grab the handle. Worked perfectly!

I was on the fence about the carista, but its really a cool app! And really easy to use!
The best part is it will also work for all Toyota and Lexus models!
Old 04-18-16, 09:59 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by TomT127
I automatically put on my seatbelt when I get in a car so disabling the buzzer does not pose a safety issue for me. I wish Lexus (and others) had an option that allowed the buzzer to go off for just 30 seconds and then stop instead of going on forever.

I am not sure if I understand. If you always buckle up, then it should never buzz??
Old 04-26-16, 07:23 AM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I just used MINI VCI to set seatbelt buzzer OFF

Quick Reply: Disable the seatbelt buzzer