CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-16, 10:30 AM
jis3k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*

Hey CL!

I recently picked up a 08' ISF last month and I wanted to share some initial feedback of the CarTreats/Torqspec 3" mid-pipe (resonator/sec Cat Delete) I purchase the unit for $645 about two weeks ago (Built to Order) and received it last night via FedEx. Car Treats was very informative about the time line of the pipe Fabrication (letting me know updates, anticipated ship date and tracking info) which was a big plus for me. In addition, the package was very well packed, sealed and also came with all necessary gaskets included (another Plus). The Craftsmanship of the pipes is very noticeable ... Clean welds, mandrel bent, 304 stainless steel and nothing I could really pin point as a negative at this point. In saying that, I'm not going to get into the "A product vs B product comparison" or the flow design characteristics... Im not here to compare, but simply give a review on this product alone and help other members with different options available for the F.

My F is stock for the most part other than Swift Springs, HPS intake tube and AFE drop in filter that I've added the past few weeks. My plan is to have the unit installed this week (work and family life permitting) and provide a more thorough review of the Install, fitment and sound.

Ill have more pics here in a bit, Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*-f-midpipe.jpg   CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*-f-midpipe-2.jpg   CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*-f-midpipe-3.jpg  

Last edited by jis3k; 02-10-16 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-10-16, 10:33 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and welcome
Old 02-10-16, 10:39 AM
jis3k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Congrats and welcome

Thank you sir!
Old 02-10-16, 11:55 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I'm interested. For some time I was thinking about getting this and mating it to an HKS or Arqray axleback
Old 02-10-16, 12:03 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Welcome! Cool looks nice
Old 02-10-16, 12:20 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome to the F community.

That's an interesting looking part, thanks for sharing. Will be watching this thread for updates on fitment & sound.

Last edited by tas02; 09-11-16 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-10-16, 12:52 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed for videos. Ive been looking at this as well
Old 02-10-16, 01:56 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Interesting! Next best mod is RRracing tuned, congrats!
Old 02-10-16, 02:19 PM
jis3k
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys! Hopefully ill have this on this week, I also have a pair of Borla Mufflers ( from the cat back kit for the F) i bought off someone here... so I may put those on also depending on the sound level. Coming from a straight pipe Turbo IS300 im sure its not going to be loud in my eyes, but my wife drives the car most of the time, so i dont want her complaining. lol
Old 02-10-16, 09:40 PM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed =)

waiting for more info and videos
Old 02-10-16, 11:14 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

i have a question, how is this different than joe z or borla full exhaust? is there a difference in size between all of this? needles to say looks very nice and looking forward for your review
Old 02-11-16, 07:13 AM
jis3k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blackisF08
i have a question, how is this different than joe z or borla full exhaust? is there a difference in size between all of this? needles to say looks very nice and looking forward for your review

Thanks! I cant speak much on the differences as I haven't owned the Joe Z exhaust nor the Borla cat back. I can tell you the piping is 3" in diameter, 304 stainless steel and from a visual perspective very good quality IMO. My plan is to do the mipe pipe (resonator / secondary cat delete) on the stock axle back to see what the performance/sound difference would be. Then from that point, put together my own custom axle back portion using the Borla mufflers I picked up. While some may say "you could have just bought XYZ part" and been done etc... Yes I could have, but that's not something I wanted to... I should have everything bolted up on Saturday
Old 02-11-16, 07:45 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jis3k
Coming from a straight pipe Turbo IS300 im sure its not going to be loud in my eyes, but my wife drives the car most of the time, so i dont want her complaining. lol
You'd be shocked; turbos are quite good at lowering the volume of an exhaust. Unless you had an external dump on your IS300. 3" N/A cars are generally loud as all hell, moreso than 3" F/I cars.
Old 02-11-16, 07:48 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Damn....3 inch mid pipes? Very interested in the gains...... let us all know how it feels and if you feel your car gained a few ponies!
Old 02-11-16, 07:52 AM
jis3k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
You'd be shocked; turbos are quite good at lowering the volume of an exhaust. Unless you had an external dump on your IS300. 3" N/A cars are generally loud as all hell, moreso than 3" F/I cars.
Yeah I run a 48mm PTE external Dump on my IS300 set up. Paired with the 6262 and a full 3" straight through design towards the rear of the car .. it gets pretty loud when the gate opens. Yeah completely agree, which is why I choose to do the mid pipe first and "test" the sound level with the stock axle back... well see how it sounds this weekend.

Quick Reply: CarTreats 3" Midpipe Came in today. *Full Review Soon*