RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 02:43 PM
rc11214
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?

Hi everybody. My dealer said F Sports can't get Triple Beam LED headlights. However, I see this available on the Lexus Build site. Anyone out there have this option? Thanks!
Old 11-28-15, 02:55 PM
magpullin
Driver School Candidate

Of course they are available on the F Sport. Your dealer is a moron
Old 11-28-15, 02:57 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

No kidding. What an idiot.
Old 11-28-15, 03:00 PM
rc11214
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for confirming.

Thanks you for confirming.
Old 11-28-15, 04:07 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by magpullin
Of course they are available on the F Sport. Your dealer is a moron
I second that.
Old 11-28-15, 04:22 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have them on mine...lol

Old 11-28-15, 04:44 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your dealer is in NY, then maybe he meant you cant get it unless you special order one. I know that all f sport coming to ny tri state area are without, led triple beam, lexus saefty system and panoramic view camera.
Old 11-28-15, 05:14 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hon3kong
If your dealer is in NY, then maybe he meant you cant get it unless you special order one. I know that all f sport coming to ny tri state area are without, led triple beam, lexus saefty system and panoramic view camera.

I wonder why that would be the case? I figure all launch configurations would be the same..
My F sport has the triple beam headlights and they are spectacular! The look of the triple lights really set it apart.
Old 11-29-15, 07:41 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Dealers always want to sell you one on their lot. They gave you that answer in hopes you would give in and buy one on there lot. Most of the time they would even say you cannot special order one. They always want to make money now and if you special ordered, they would have to wait 4 months before they can get the sale from you. 4 months is a long time, during that time you may change your mind or even buy another car from someone else which means they would have lost your business.

An example of this is me. I special ordered my GS and waited months and I got impatient and ended up buying another GS that someone else special ordered that almost had all the options i wanted. Apparently that guy special ordered my car and also could not wait and ended up getting one on the lot at a different dealership. He is also another forum member on clublexus going by the name 5thAvenue.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 11-29-15 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-29-15, 08:14 AM
rc11214
Driver School Candidate

Default Yeah, you are right.

I live in Northeast, and apparently no F Sports w Triple LED was sent to the region. So I have to special order it, and dealer is saying I would lose out on their Dec to Remember specials. I would be paying msrp for a special order.

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Dealers always want to sell you one on their lot. They gave you that answer in hopes you would give in and buy one on there lot. Most of the time they would even say you cannot special order one. They always want to make money now and if you special ordered, they would have to wait 4 months before they can get the sale from you. 4 months is a long time, during that time you may change your mind or even buy another car from someone else which means they would have lost your business.

An example of this is me. I special ordered my GS and waited months and I got impatient and ended up buying another GS that someone else special ordered that almost had all the options i wanted. Apparently that guy special ordered my car and also could not wait and ended up getting one on the lot at a different dealership. He is also another forum member on clublexus going by the name 5thAvenue.
Old 11-29-15, 09:43 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Lexus dealers just hate special ordering lol Hence why BMW is soo much better in this aspect. They encourage special orders since their mindset, is one more customer, and overall overhead for having a car ready to go to the customer then spend time on the lot.

Anyways if your dealer is being uncooperative, try another one. Usually, once the paperwork is signed for your order, any incentives are locked in.Best done through Lexus Fin. since outside lenders require a VIN to approve the loan
Old 01-11-16, 09:10 AM
JamesEnsor
Driver School Candidate

The issue I am encountering is that it is more difficult to find the RX with JUST the triple beam headlight option. Although on the Lexus website you can build the F-sport with the triple-beam as a stand alone option I am encountering that if you want the triple beam headlights it comes with the lexus safety system +. If you are like me I hate all of that technology stuff, I'm fine with the blind spot monitor and rcta. So I would think that if you want just the triple beam headlights they will be a special order.

Btw, the turn signals on the RX and GS with the triple beam option look so bad ***, there sleek and modern looking. If you haven't seen them i recommend searching and looking at how awesome the turn signals look.
Old 01-11-16, 10:39 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesEnsor
The issue I am encountering is that it is more difficult to find the RX with JUST the triple beam headlight option. Although on the Lexus website you can build the F-sport with the triple-beam as a stand alone option I am encountering that if you want the triple beam headlights it comes with the lexus safety system +. If you are like me I hate all of that technology stuff, I'm fine with the blind spot monitor and rcta. So I would think that if you want just the triple beam headlights they will be a special order.

Btw, the turn signals on the RX and GS with the triple beam option look so bad ***, there sleek and modern looking. If you haven't seen them i recommend searching and looking at how awesome the turn signals look.
I personally would take the extra LSS+ its super cheap compared to what others are charging for it.

However As I said before, Lexus is pulling the famous Ford tagline "You can have any colour as long as it's black" but in this case "you can have any vehicle as long as its on lot"

This mentality works for econo brands, but if you want to attract the BMW customer base you need to be more flexible Lexus.

Right now the count is:

F sports are hard to find in white
TBH are ordered with LSS or nothing
Pano View monitor is not available
12.3 nav includes ML
Pano roofs are hard to find in some regions

Last edited by coolsaber; 01-11-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-11-16, 11:21 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rc11214
I live in Northeast, and apparently no F Sports w Triple LED was sent to the region. So I have to special order it, and dealer is saying I would lose out on their Dec to Remember specials. I would be paying msrp for a special order.
There are other dealers to deal with. Have patience.....there's always another deal to be made!
Old 01-11-16, 01:45 PM
JamesEnsor
Driver School Candidate

I agree, I had a BMW and mercedes before my lexus. I still think lexus is more attractive because you get more bang for your buck. Where Lexus will give you a 500 dollar safety system BMW will give it to you for much more. Thats what attracted me anyway. And the reliability of course.

Quick Reply: Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?