Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 04:23 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android

Hi all, I'd like to introduce to you Carista OBD2, an app for Android that can change your Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) and diagnose/clear errors from all systems in the car (not just OBD2 like other apps)! This includes reading codes from the engine, ABS, airbag, lighting (AHS/AFS), A/C and other ECUs, as well as resetting the corresponding lights on the dash. Not just the "check engine" light!

It's dead-simple to use and it can change vehicle settings for which you'd normally need to go to the dealer. More info here: http://www.caristaapp.com/2014/03/04...-with-carista/

The app is free to download and see what settings are available on your specific car. If you want to change any of them, you have to buy the "Pro Package" inside the app, which costs $9.99. In terms of checking for error codes, you can see if there are any codes at all for each ECU for free, but if you want to see what they are or reset them, you need the same Pro Package.

All you need in terms of hardware is a standard ELM327 Bluetooth adapter. You can get them for $10-$25 on amazon, ebay, etc. See our hardware page for more info: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Carista is compatible with the following Lexus models:
  • 2013+ Lexus IS
  • 2007+ Lexus ES
  • 2013+ Lexus GS
  • 2007+ Lexus LS
  • 2010+ Lexus RX
  • 2010+ Lexus GX
  • 2009+ Lexus LX
  • All Lexus CT
  • All Lexus HS
  • All Lexus LFA (not tested; if you have one, please contact us)
Note: Carista can also change settings on most 2007+ Toyota and Scion vehicles, as well as 2005-2009 VW, Audi, Seat & Skoda. See http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/

We're excited to be a supporting vendor at clublexus.com and look forward to answering your questions and taking your feedback! By the way, the next version of the app is under active development, so if you have suggestions or ideas, we'll be happy to hear them
Old 03-27-14, 06:40 AM
Billisme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty cool. the reverse warning chimes are starting to get on my nerves so this might just be the ticket to get.
Old 03-27-14, 02:14 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Billisme
pretty cool. the reverse warning chimes are starting to get on my nerves so this might just be the ticket to get.
Yup, Carista can get rid of those (to be precise, it can change the continuous beeping to just a single short beep when you engage reverse)
Old 03-27-14, 07:18 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a cool and useful app, will definitely have to check this out. 2006-2012 IS's are not listed as compatible, any luck on adding the 2IS in the future? I have a few friends that want their Drl turned off.
Old 03-28-14, 04:15 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
Sounds like a cool and useful app, will definitely have to check this out. 2006-2012 IS's are not listed as compatible, any luck on adding the 2IS in the future? I have a few friends that want their Drl turned off.
No support for those yet, but we're working on it. If we succeed, we'll be supporting MANY more model years than what we have now.
Old 04-16-14, 08:14 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Just wanted to let you guys know that we now have a beta-test version with more settings added. The supported models are still the same, but they'll now show more customizable settings and will be able to do diagnostics on more ECUs (at this point we cover all Toyota/Lexus/Scion ECUs that we know about).

Get the beta here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
Old 04-25-14, 08:27 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Nothing for a 2009 ISF?
Old 04-25-14, 09:22 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rickna
Nothing for a 2009 ISF?
Not for now. The 2nd-gen IS uses the older communication protocol, so it's not supported. But we're still looking into adding support for that older protocol.
Old 04-25-14, 10:05 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Not for now. The 2nd-gen IS uses the older communication protocol, so it's not supported. But we're still looking into adding support for that older protocol.
Looking forward to it.
Old 04-25-14, 11:15 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Count me in for a 2012 Lexus IS F and are you planning to make an app for iOS?
Old 04-26-14, 12:27 PM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "that boy"
+1
Old 05-02-14, 05:06 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by "that boy"
Originally Posted by s4chico

+1
We've gotten lots of requests for an iOS version of Carista, but for now we don't have one. We're looking into the possibility of making one that uses a WiFi version of the ELM327 adapter (since Apple doesn't allow standard Bluetooth connections).
See http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
Old 05-13-14, 06:14 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carista - Per your request, I have been testing your app for the 2014 Lexus GX14 but every email I have sent you has gone unanswered, You were very responsive when you needed the settings for my SUV but after sending, I cannot get you to respond.

I would prefer sending this in a private email but since that hasn't worked I am posting here. I am STILL testing but now I am being prompted for the pro version which you were supposed to authorized. Look forward to hearing back from you as I think your app has alot to offer!
Old 05-13-14, 06:20 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Carista - Per your request, I have been testing your app for the 2014 Lexus GX14 but every email I have sent you has gone unanswered, You were very responsive when you needed the settings for my SUV but after sending, I cannot get you to respond.

I would prefer sending this in a private email but since that hasn't worked I am posting here. I am STILL testing but now I am being prompted for the pro version which you were supposed to authorized. Look forward to hearing back from you as I think your app has alot to offer!
Hmm, I haven't gotten any emails... just checked the spam folder too. What address are you sending them to? Sorry about that - yes, I try to be very responsive - I usually answer messages within 1 day.

And yes, I can definitely authorize a test account for you, so that you can get the Pro features for free. Just send me the Google/gmail account with which you're logged into your Android device (either over email to support@caristaapp.com or by PM here).
Old 05-14-14, 04:08 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista

Hmm, I haven't gotten any emails... just checked the spam folder too. What address are you sending them to? Sorry about that - yes, I try to be very responsive - I usually answer messages within 1 day.

And yes, I can definitely authorize a test account for you, so that you can get the Pro features for free. Just send me the Google/gmail account with which you're logged into your Android device (either over email to support@caristaapp.com or by PM here).
Hmmm strange indeed! All the emails were PM'd to you using the CL app which is how we always communicated. Perhaps the app or my phone was acting squirrelly! :-) I sent an email from my gmail account. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GX4704ME; 05-14-14 at 04:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android