Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Iowa Represent

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-07, 11:10 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iowa Represent

Ive been searching on here for awhile now and really only came across a limited number of owners on this site from Iowa- But I know damn well there are more of you - so pipe up and lets see whos out there- Would like to get enough to set-up a meet or get together this spring- If you have pics post-em up- Im sure im not the only one who wants to see um

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 1992 sc300 5 spd
Town: Ankeny

Last edited by iasc300; 02-09-07 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-09-07, 11:17 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

I'm here in Clinton, Iowa. Right on the border of Illinois.
Old 02-10-07, 12:08 AM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

Looks like home Ryan lol

Des Moines, right here. There is more, I just dont know if they post frequently.

98 GS400 I just got it today actually, needs some work though will post pics when i can.
Old 02-10-07, 01:23 AM
jmaynard
Driver

I'm almost in Iowa: my house is 10 miles north of the border, in Fairmont, Minnesota. I get down to DSM every now and then.
Old 02-10-07, 04:32 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

beautiful color!
Old 02-10-07, 05:24 AM
IAGS400
Pole Position

NE Des Moines, almost Altoona.

I won't take a picture of mine right now, it's filthy. All of my other pictures are on a different computer. I'll try and post 1 later.
Old 02-10-07, 08:25 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

name: Tyler
town: Ankeny, IA
ride: 1997 SC300

a meet sounds good! hopefully i can get some more done to the whip before then!
oh and heres some crappy camera phone pics, ill take some good digital pics to post when i put my rims back on as soon as it warms up!!!

old H.I.D.s 9000k, have 12000k now
oh and this is what happens when you fall asleep behind the wheel of your '93 SC400 with the cruise set at 85mph...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 02-10-07 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-10-07, 09:20 AM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

wow, slowly but surely we do got some C.L.I.A. members.

Tyler, do you and Ryan know each other? looks like you both live in Ankeny.
Old 02-10-07, 09:27 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

well weve ran into eachother out on the street in our cars before and ive talked to him on CL a few times, we were sposed to meet up a few times but something always came up, but since we do both live in ankeny maybe we should know eachother and work on settin up this meet or something right?
Old 02-10-07, 09:44 AM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

that was the problem when I had my bimmer, no one on e46fanatics lived in iowa, the closest guy live in council bluffs I believe. So there was no opportunity really for a meet.

But there is definitely potential here we got a good 4 guys that live within probably a 20 mile radius of each other, and some that are just a short drive away. A meet would be nice, even nicer if we had pro 0' temperatures more frequently.

lol was Great Lakes the closest category?
Old 02-10-07, 02:49 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Yea well have to meet up soon Tyler- ill help you reroute your harness - yea but most definitely we are gonna have to set something up- a local meet with a BBQ and group pictures out at Saylorville or Bigcreek or where ever - maybe even a cruze to meet up with some Chicago or KC Lexus's- we will just have to see- whats everybody's idea?
Old 02-10-07, 03:01 PM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

I used to live in polk city, saylorville was my back yard basically. A photoshoot wouldnt be a bad idea, my digicam wouldnt cut it tho. A BBQ would be pretty sweet, weather would have to allow it tho. Especially since all our cars are RWD, dont know how good the roads out to saylorville get cleaned.

Cruise would be cool if we can get a good sized group together, is there a midwest thread that Chicago, and KC, St. Paul, all those other cities post in?
Old 02-10-07, 11:34 PM
andrew_A_3
Driver

this is it for iowans? jeez
Old 02-11-07, 12:32 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iasc300
Yea well have to meet up soon Tyler- ill help you reroute your harness - yea but most definitely we are gonna have to set something up- a local meet with a BBQ and group pictures out at Saylorville or Bigcreek or where ever - maybe even a cruze to meet up with some Chicago or KC Lexus's- we will just have to see- whats everybody's idea?
ok so after many brain things inside my head here are my ideas... we could have a meet this spring sometime when its nicer out, say march or april, so weather shouldnt be a problem, at a saylorville rec area, a photoshoot on top of the damn or something cool like that, a cruise somewhere we will all be seen, and maybe later on this summer it would be friggin' sweet if we could all meet up again then cruise to chi-town and meet up with chi-town CL members and we could invade h.i.n or battle of the imports there, what are everyones thoughts on that?
Old 02-11-07, 01:33 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Im down for whatever- I do think meeting out at saylorville for some pics and to hang would be pretty fun- and im always down for a cruze to chicago- have a blast everytime im there- but yea when the weather warms up in the next month or two we are most defenatly gonna have to meet up- im not sure really of any for sure dates yet but i can work around whatever is best for everyone else- but i know last minute stuff comes up all the time- so i mean whatever dates people have open - we can set something up - maybe rent a shelter- ill go buy some steaks and some brews(or soda) whatever- cruze to the dam and take some pics by the spill way- whatever people want to do but yea we should try to set something up as far as a cruze to HIN and rent some hotel rooms or something- i know alot of chi-town, KC CL members are gonna be there -

Quick Reply: Iowa Represent