IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

Old 06-10-06, 05:34 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

I just installed the VAISTECH SLI iPOD intergration on my IS350 with NAV/ML this afternoon.

WOW, it took me 15 minutes to get it running and may be another 45 minutes to make everything looks good and put it back together.

Sound quality is a top notch with CD sound.

Control of the iPOD from the steering wheel, touch screen, file name, file detail, and folder list. You name it this unit can easily do it..

I used to hooked up my iPOD to AUX input from Lexus and alway find myself fighting with the unit while I'm driving( dangerous of course). But with Vaistech SLI, I can easily control the iPod with my eyes still on the road.

Oh, the Vaistech will eliminated the famous " I AGREE" buttom from the Nav screen if you wait about 5 seconds... .That's a cool feature for them to throw in with the package.

The package came in with very nice and professional. I'm impress about the quality of the wireharness( not one of those mom & pop company at all)

You still need to remove the nav/head unit to get to the wire harness of the car. This the link of how to remove the head unit in courtersy of Tim817

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193739
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-vais-1.jpg  

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-10-06 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 05:37 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your thread title says you have pics... so, where are they?
Old 06-10-06, 05:44 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Your thread title says you have pics... so, where are they?
I'm sorry I can't get the picture to show up. Give me a few munites
Old 06-10-06, 05:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please clarify on the "eliminate the I-agree" screen comment. So you can now use your Nav without responding to I-Agree?

Because when you have a DVD in your ML-equipped 2IS, you don't have to respond to the I-Agree screen but you do have to press OK to reply to the "DVD Tip" but when you come back to the Nav, I-Agree is still there.

Also post a link where you ordered from? I think this is the same groupbuy some of us will particiapte in next week but just want to be sure. Thanks.
Old 06-10-06, 06:07 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
Please clarify on the "eliminate the I-agree" screen comment. So you can now use your Nav without responding to I-Agree?

Because when you have a DVD in your ML-equipped 2IS, you don't have to respond to the I-Agree screen but you do have to press OK to reply to the "DVD Tip" but when you come back to the Nav, I-Agree is still there.

Also post a link where you ordered from? I think this is the same groupbuy some of us will particiapte in next week but just want to be sure. Thanks.
Yes, on the Nav car you still have to touch " I Agree" on the nav screen to get to the map screen. With this unit you don't have to do anything.

I got it from VAISTECH directly. It's the same unit as of the group buy.

For some reason my picture can't be attach to this thread. I will have to downsize them and save them on My Pictures files on my computer. It will take a while guys.

I found a small openning hole on the right hand side of the dash and be able to feed the wire through it. That's where I mounted the SLI( under the left side of the glove box).

Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-vais-2.jpg  

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-10-06 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 06:12 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

If you have Photoshop CS2, use the "Save for web" function. It cuts the file size of the pictures way way down, with surprisingly little loss of quality.
Old 06-10-06, 06:15 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

I ran the iPod wire under the center console. I found an openning cover inside the center console. You need to pry the cover up and trim a small 1/4 inch hole so the iPod wire can come through.

iPod wire under the shifter cover.

This is how it looks when it's done.

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-10-06 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 06:26 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Nice. Very clean install.
Old 06-10-06, 06:28 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

This pucture was taken before I put everything together. The iPod will show the Viaistech logo on the iPod screen. The Nav screen works with touch screen. The steering wheel can move the song up or down.

More picture of the Menu. I still have to learn about the menu screen, but work like the factory nav system....

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-10-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 06:56 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
Yes, on the Nav car you still have to touch " I Agree" on the nav screen to get to the map screen. With this unit you don't have to do anything.
This isn't any clearer. You have to press "I Agree" or you don't. I don't have to press "I Agree" just to use the Audio, Climate, etc.
Old 06-10-06, 07:19 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
This isn't any clearer. You have to press "I Agree" or you don't. I don't have to press "I Agree" just to use the Audio, Climate, etc.
Please re-read my post Tim. I said the Map Screen. Yes, you don't have to do all that on the audio, climate and so on, but if you want to get ot Map screen you still need to touch the " I Agreee" and I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT.
Old 06-10-06, 07:33 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VVT-i
Please re-read my post Tim. I said the Map Screen. Yes, you don't have to do all that on the audio, climate and so on, but if you want to get ot Map screen you still need to touch the " I Agreee" and I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT.
well i'm still confused on your answer but i feel comfortable in believing that before you use the nav to plug in a destination and get directions, you must respond to "I-Agree" even after the installation of this product. Because if the I-Agree screen went away in 5 seconds, I think there are people here who would pay for this product and they don't even have an ipod. This device will probably bypass the I-Agree screen to play music which is excepted but if you try to go back and map a destination......

anyway i appreciate the pics and the description and everything, i think some of us have seen this before but it really hits home to see it done by one of our own, recently. personally, anything that will improve my lexus i'm all for and that is why i wish to install this device even tho i have the ipod wireless remote (which is ok for now) and even if i am working on another "secret" solution. i like the fact that the screen has the text and unlike the DICE product, the vaistech unit delivers as promised.

when i get mine i won't be able to install right away so i'll wait to see other's install pic but the way you have installed it has help with some of our fears that the unit is oversized and/or difficult to conceal. if you can just confirm what the press and hold the steering wheel button does?

may i ask why you didn't wait for the group buy? you're probably getting the discount anyway.
Old 06-10-06, 07:58 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
well i'm still confused on your answer but i feel comfortable in believing that before you use the nav to plug in a destination and get directions, you must respond to "I-Agree" even after the installation of this product. Because if the I-Agree screen went away in 5 seconds, I think there are people here who would pay for this product and they don't even have an ipod. This device will probably bypass the I-Agree screen to play music which is excepted but if you try to go back and map a destination......

anyway i appreciate the pics and the description and everything, i think some of us have seen this before but it really hits home to see it done by one of our own, recently. personally, anything that will improve my lexus i'm all for and that is why i wish to install this device even tho i have the ipod wireless remote (which is ok for now) and even if i am working on another "secret" solution. i like the fact that the screen has the text and unlike the DICE product, the vaistech unit delivers as promised.

when i get mine i won't be able to install right away so i'll wait to see other's install pic but the way you have installed it has help with some of our fears that the unit is oversized and/or difficult to conceal. if you can just confirm what the press and hold the steering wheel button does?

may i ask why you didn't wait for the group buy? you're probably getting the discount anyway.
Please forget about the " I agree" thingy. I think it's an extra goody for us,but if it doesn't borther you, that's great.

Right now, I'm exciting about my iPod intergration.

You can do a search about me with Nav/DVD/Rear camera/ XM and so on...

This thread was date on 2002 on my 2001 GS430 with Nav.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...+nav+installed

I did a lot of mods with my car with Nav/ML. Here is another one.( srcroll down)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216004

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-10-06 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 08:41 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Nice. I like it. Can you tell me what the limits are as far as songs in a playlist, number of playlists, etc? I have about 3500 songs on my iPod and I am trying to figure out the best way to organize them. I was thinking about creating a playlist for each artist, but I have 100's of songs for some artists and was wondering if they can all be accessed from 1 playlist.
Old 06-10-06, 08:56 PM
yov6cam
Driver

How's the sound quality of the ipod on the stock system? say using 192kbos quality mp3's as opposed to me just burning them onto a CD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)