Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 12:47 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22

Dyno Day at DynoSpotRacing

Dynospot Racing
1798 Angela Street

Starting at 10am to roughly 5pm.

Come stop by any time.

Come see their new, larger facility located in San Jose @ www.dynospotracing.com

Before you start your performance mods, get a baseline Dyno Test of your car.

If you have several mods, you can run on the dyno to know what HP & TQ gains you have so far.

Performance Shoot Out
We will be doing a performance comparison between a several products so that those thinking of doing these mods will know what type of HP gains they can expect for their investment. It's all about bang for the buck.

We (tentatively) will be testing and comparing the following equipment:

1. Stock Intake vs. K & N FIPK
2. Stock intake vs. SRT Intake with ECU module
3a. K & N FIPK intake vs. SRT Intake with ECU module
3b. K & N FIPK intake w/ Apexi S-AFC tuned vs. SRT Intake with ECU module (if time allows)

4. Four cars will be installing the recently available S & S headers. These are the first headers readily available that will fit Lexus models including the LS, GS, SC using the 400 or 430 motor.

All four cars will have different levels of mods:, tire/wheel sizes, TC, differential gears, intake, exhaust, etc. This will be an excellent comparison of the performance gain of these headers. We will also report what the other modifications, brands and type of equipment installed on each car so you will know what to expect if you perform similar mods.

Everyone is waiting to see how much power these headers put out. Be the first to witness this live in NorCal.

Most models of Lexus with the 400 or 430 motor can expect a similar gain as what we will be evaluating using GS400's.

The same car will be used on the before and after runs. We will accomplish this by running the cars with the "Before" set up a week or more before the Dyno Day. On Dyno Day we will post the final "after" results of this testing.

Besides being a Dyno Meet it's time to celebrate the end of winter. Time for everyone to clean up their cars and show everyone what they got. Everyone is welcome to stop by and say hi and show their rides. There is ample parking for 50+ cars and we will be there all day from 9am to roughly 5pm.

We could really use someone with a stock 2nd gen GS so that we know what RW HP/TQ is on a used GS versus what the magazines report for crank HP/TQ.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-23-06 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-21-06, 12:48 AM
RMMGS4

NEWBIE SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER .

OFFER NOW EXTENDED BACK TO OCT 2005 NEW MEMBERS

As a special incentive for all the newbies on CL, there will be a special discount coupon offered for maintenance services, suspension installation, engine mods, etc.

Any newbies looking to install sway bars, bushings, 30/60/90k tune up, this is your opportunity to get this discount offer for 20% off of labor. Depending on the service performed, this can easily be worth a savings of well over $100.

To be eligible for this offer:
1. You must be a registered member on ClubLexus no sooner then OCTOBER 1ST, 2005 AND NO LATER THEN APRIL 22,2006.

2. You must attend this dyno meet and register on the sign up sheet. Registering for a Dyno run is not required. No other purchases are required.

3. A discount coupon will be provided, once the screen name is verified on ClubLexus.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-19-06 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 12:56 AM
RMMGS4

Here is the tentative Dyno LIST. No obligations currently until we announce the price of dyno which will include three runs.

Please sign up on this thread if you are interested. We will limit sign ups to 20 cars and take a waiting list.

The dyno meets are a great opportunity to measure the HP /TQ of your car and get it done at a discount price. Spots are always limited and there are always people who want to get in. Unfortunately there is usually a waiting list and some people never get to run. To avoid this we will be asking for a $20 advance deposit (non-refundable).

Right now, no one is obligated to run who is on the sign up list.

Once we announce the price, we will ask for deposits and the list will be updated accordingly so that those who drop out will make room for others.

The price is $65 for three runs. If you cannot make it to the dyno please PM me to cancel so that we can make room for others.

There are already 15 cars signed up, but as we all know, there will be drop outs by the time the meet date arrives. Please sign up to get on the priority list.

Thanks for your understanding and sign up now as the priority list will be in the order of sign ups.

DYNO LIST
1. RMMGS4 - headers b/a
2. INDGOGRL - SC Install b/a
3. redgs4 - headers b/a
4. TAMR_GUS98 - headers b/a
5. tkracing
6. Wolverine
7. lightwave76 - headers b/a
8. Lexant
9. Jim Meader
10. miss_is300
11. ldynred
12. SC'd 4runner
13. buister
14. SCoupe
15. HI_IM_ARIE
16. GSing430

b/a = dyno runs before / after mods are done, performed over two prior weekends.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-13-06 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:14 AM
RMMGS4

Default Featured DYNO Cars

Jim Meaders HOT SC400
STROKED to 4.9 liters

92 SC400 - 4.9 Liter 240HP/272TQ
Tex Headers -2.5" Exhaust-Cats,
TC-Upgrade, Revised ECU,
K&N, Springs& Shocks, LSD, TRD Supra Sway Bars, 65 Lbs Fuel + Regulator

The black car in the front.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-21-06 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:15 AM
RMMGS4

INDGOGRL'S Supercharged IS300

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-21-06 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:16 AM
RMMGS4

redgs4's TOM's Equipped GS400

Cinnabar, Nach and factory HIDs, Stoptech 4 corner BBK w/metal master pads, Tein HA, TRD sways, Tom's front/rear strut tower braces, Tom's front/rear lower chassis braces, Tom's 6-Link Brace Kit, Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust w/resonators deleted, ATS Carbon LSD w/stock gearing, PI Torque Converter, B&M Tranny Cooler, K&N FIPK, Optima Yellow, TeCK Grounding Kit, RMM CF Engine Cover, RMM Grill, Tom's S630 Aristo Body Kit inc/ Side Skirts and Front/Rear Bumpers, Tom's Rear Window Spoiler, Staggered 18" Volk LE37K's w/Good Year GS-D3, '01 Tails, and custom Venture Tape [clear bra] installed by PMAG. Next, new exhaust and audio upgrades

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-21-06 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:17 AM
RMMGS4

TAMR_GUS98's Polished & Emerald GS400

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-21-06 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:21 AM
RMMGS4

Lightwave76's VIP GS400

Filter on the car is Akimoto
Mods PI TC 2800 stall
TRD rear diff with stock gears

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-22-06 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:22 AM
RMMGS4

RMMGS4's Original Rod Millen Motorsport GS

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-21-06 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:24 AM
RMMGS4

EVERYONE ELSE else who is attending, DYNO or NOT, please post your response here along with a pic or two, so that all the newbies can see who is coming.

THANKS
Old 03-21-06, 02:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

not sure if i can come yet, but if so, it's either one of these two:

Old 03-21-06, 07:11 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there with this one

Very interested in this dyno day because I too should have the headers on as well as Mitch's tranny with the upgrades and my PCS unit to control the line pressure for some clean shifts. Only thing that wont be done is I have to change the stall on the TC to work with the tranny....slight hesitation on take off

Last edited by tkracing; 04-18-06 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-21-06, 11:28 AM
inkblot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my IS tuned and dyno'd at DSR. Good experience with them. They had a 2JZ engine they were working on as a side project when I was there too.

They installed my HKS adjustable exhaust cam gear and then did some tuning on the dyno and with my safc2.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22-dsr3.jpg  
Old 03-21-06, 11:44 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by inkblot
I had my IS tuned and dyno'd at DSR. Good experience with them. They had a 2JZ engine they were working on as a side project when I was there too.

They installed my HKS adjustable exhaust cam gear and then did some tuning on the dyno and with my safc2.

Saw you browsing Jeff. Glad to see you respond .

Are you coming to the meet and did you dyno for some HP #s?

I might pay them to do a Tune Up on INDGOGRL's car , before the actual dyno day.
Old 03-21-06, 11:45 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by tkracing
I will be there with this one

Very interested in this dyno day because I too should have the headers on as well as Mitch's tranny with the upgrades and my PCS unit to control the line pressure for some clean shifts. Only thing that wont be done is I have to change the stall on the TC to work with the tranny....slight hesitation on take off

We'll be keeping the tranny in either 3rd or 4th, so hesitation on take off won't be an issue.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22