RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Seems to be the real deal (RX 330?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-02, 08:17 AM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems to be the real deal (RX 330?)

Check out these links and tell me if you believe that this is the new RX. It seems to be a "pre-production"- brochure. http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/51417707 http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e18881704
Old 11-24-02, 12:49 PM
Mind18
Driver

Default Re: Seems to be the real deal

Originally posted by Justin_T.W.
Check out these links and tell me if you believe that this is the new RX. It seems to be a "pre-production"- brochure. http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/51417707 http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e18881704
Oh wow! ......anyone can confirm?:eek:
Old 11-24-02, 01:30 PM
Mind18
Driver

Default New Pics of RX330 !! as found by Justin_T.W.

Last edited by Mind18; 11-24-02 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-24-02, 01:56 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good!, great find.

See guys, I told you it would look fine.

Only thing that looks a little odd is the rear end, but I'll wait to see better pictures.
Old 11-24-02, 02:04 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Dang, excellent find Justin_T.W. The body looks consistent with the drawings/spy pictures we have seen. Is it me, or does it look a little smaller from the side

The vehicle, inside and out, definitely has RX in it's genes! The grill/headlights are certainly an evolution from the first gen.
Old 11-24-02, 02:09 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally posted by LexRX
Dang, excellent find Justin_T.W. The body looks consistent with the drawings/spy pictures we have seen. Is it me, or does it look a little smaller from the side

The vehicle, inside and out, definitely has RX in it's genes! The grill/headlights are certainly an evolution from the first gen.
Overall I like it, but doesn't the front end look to similiar to the rest of the Lexus lineup (LS and GX)? I guess that isn't a bad thing, but I haven't been a fan of the LS and GX front ends. And even though the "backend" portion of the vehicle is very "X5ish", in which they admitted to looking at the X5 to benchmark the new RX, it really makes the vehicle look more substantial and sporty.
Old 11-24-02, 02:24 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

That front end is going to be the new Lexys trademark, I know how you feel though it always looks like it has a double chin to me. Looks better on the RX than it does the GX or LS though.
Old 11-24-02, 02:56 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally posted by SW03ES
That front end is going to be the new Lexys trademark, I know how you feel though it always looks like it has a double chin to me. Looks better on the RX than it does the GX or LS though.
Hopefully this trademark won't be carried over to the new GS I guess I just don't like it because it looks to "Toyota"..which I know is sort of ambigious. I liked it better when they were more distinct....for example I thought the last generation LS headlights looked gorgrous (concidentally, in the brochure, the cover portrayed the headlights as individual "jewels"/diamonds you see this?)
Old 11-24-02, 03:52 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

I don't see it going to the GS, but I think we'll see a closer resemblence to the SC from that car. I also think you'll see this again in the new LX (LS front style), since the currest Sequoia has sort of a similar look.

The front end of the 98-00 LS is my favorite of all the Lexus vehicles. I have the 2000 LS brochure you're talking about. I like the LS430 from every andle except dead front, it just looks nose heavy. Overall though I think I prefer the 98-00 style, its a lot more elegant.
Old 11-24-02, 05:16 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Looks a lot like the drawings and spy pictures. I think I see projecto headlights too and from previous threads telling things about the RX330 they said there would be projector headlights. I really like it though. Its a much needed face lift plus there are waaaay too many RX3's around here. It'll be nice seeing a fresh new face around. Great find by the way.
Old 11-24-02, 06:24 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

I especially like the interior. I think it looks somehow like the one that was shown in the MB Vision GST. The aluminium with the combination of wood is really great. I can`t wait to see it in person. Yesterday I went to the Volkswagen dealer where they introduced the new Touareg. Man, this new SUV is really well excecuted. The interior is a real pleasure. I hope that the new RX one`s looks as exclusive in person as it does on this bad picture.
Old 11-24-02, 08:18 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Arrgh! I hope someone gets some decent scans of it up soon.
Anyone willing to bid for it? It's about $60/60 Euros right now.

I tell you what, I DO NOT like the rear as it is in the brochure.
I hope they've changed it for the US market.
Please! Think of the children!

I did a Babelfish translate of the auction text.It's somewhat readable.

Super strict secrecy! The booklet of the Toyota Motor Corporation company internal limit of the new model harrier of next year announcement (the postage ž) is. Being able to point to long time transaction, from the Toyota Motor Corporation which it has received several volumes it received separately. With the all color of A4 size everything of this car is found with the cardboard 49p and, the contents which are not published under any condition large number are published to the catalog for the your general customer. Very it is the valuable article. They are the contents which are published, but as for item dividing broadly, 3 items (. Commodity appeal compilation. Business talk & competitive car relative compilation. The plus knowledge compilation) is. With the commodity appeal compilation the styling of advancement the wrapping and being comfortable, high quality detailed explanation of interior and explanation of the rear seat which can do the various using, the new engine (3000 and 2400) explanation of the electronic control suspension, introduction and the AIRS, 17 and 18 inches it is explanation and the like of the large diameter tire which is said. As for the business talk & competitive car relative compilation business talk method classified by ƒ^ƒQƒbƒgƒ†[ƒU, with competition car comparison whatever saying, benz M of the largest rival, selling point victory ‚é for case of thoroughness comparison and competition of the X5 of the BMW. Other Krueger -, comparison of Odyssy, the ƒGƒXƒeƒBƒ} and the current type harrier is published finely. You think they are very interesting contents in the car lover. With the plus knowledge compilation introduction of the dress rise item, the important item which we would like to convey to the general customer by all means publishes, also change and notice et cetera of the efficiency with customization are published. Because as for the new model harrier of next year announcement you think, it is the car which is made good truly partly due to the high-class most volume sales car which represents the LEXUS if you can purchase the method which examines the model of this neighborhood by all means, you think. After the payment verifying the ordinary post (this one postage burden) being similar concerning the commodity, sending you can point. Very you think it is the valuable commodity. Because very there is popularity, as soon as the commodity to be gone, being early to end please acknowledge the commodity of this hand. Concerning the value of the commodity if you can look at my past appraisal, you think. It is successful bid for 6000 Yen or more. The Toyota Motor Corporation corporation, it is the Toyopet store business headquarters compilation. (Searching: Aristo and ƒZƒ‹ƒVƒI, Crown, ƒvƒƒOƒŒ and mark. ƒAƒ‹ƒeƒbƒcƒA and credit star, JZX110, ƒŒƒKƒVƒB[, ƒŒƒOƒiƒ€ and the Crown estate, ƒXƒe[ƒWƒA, ƒCƒvƒTƒ€ and accord wagon, ƒ`ƒFƒBƒT[, skyline and Wien dam, sailplane and ƒ‰ƒ“ƒGƒ{, in presser, Corolla, ƒJƒŠ[ƒi, Bluebird, corona, vista and run sir, surf, tera- no,
Old 11-24-02, 11:22 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: Seems to be the real deal

DAMN!! Great find man! I thank im ready to trade in mine already!

Originally posted by Justin_T.W.
Check out these links and tell me if you believe that this is the new RX. ...[/url]
Old 11-25-02, 05:09 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Hmm, compare it to the Infiniti FX45...

Here's whitels' original sneak peek sketch too...

Last edited by xsfo; 11-25-02 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-25-02, 06:00 AM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

xsfo, I think that the rear of the new RX won`t be a problem because I expect them to offer a rear-parc assist system. The other brands offer that so Lexus will do, too.

Quick Reply: Seems to be the real deal (RX 330?)