Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-03, 09:17 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?

I was told four-to-six weeks before I placed my order for a set of chromed forged rims from the manufacturer's primary retailer. I have been trying to cancel the order/get my money back since the the 10th week (its going-on 14 wks now). One of the many excuses I received was that the manufacturer doesn't produce many chrome rims and they blamed the platers for the seemingly endless delay. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience with a similar custom wheel order?

God, I wish I would have paid a little more and ordered HRE wheels instead....
Old 11-02-03, 11:00 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are they in the USA? or from overseas? japan?
Old 11-02-03, 11:03 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?

Originally posted by jjc01
I was told four-to-six weeks before I placed my order for a set of chromed forged rims from the manufacturer's primary retailer. I have been trying to cancel the order/get my money back since the the 10th week (its going-on 14 wks now). One of the many excuses I received was that the manufacturer doesn't produce many chrome rims and they blamed the platers for the seemingly endless delay. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience with a similar custom wheel order?

God, I wish I would have paid a little more and ordered HRE wheels instead....
iForged?
Old 11-03-03, 06:22 AM
jjc01
Rookie

It is a US Company, they have been totally non-communicative for the last three weeks, Discover Card is backing me, but they (wheel company) won't let me cancel the order and I haven't gotten my money back yet. As a result, I don't want to make things potentially worse for me by naming them at this point, but I will tell you I've read a number of other posts (different thread) placed by people who were having the same problem with that manufacturer RE their order for painted wheels...
Old 11-03-03, 03:15 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

i've waited 6 months for my volks. u still got a while to go =x
Old 11-03-03, 04:58 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've waited 10 months for my Zauber Gettins, and they're still not here yet
Old 11-03-03, 05:16 PM
JDMJim
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default well worth the wait.................

I waited 6 months for Work wheels 2 diff. times, I waited 4 months for a CF vented hood, I waited 4-5 months on a D-speed front bumper.................................GOOD things come to those who wait!

Jimmy
Old 11-03-03, 06:42 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Gentlemen:
Old 11-03-03, 07:14 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Gentlemen:

I can’t help but wonder if we have all become far too complacent and tolerant if we are willing to enter into a business agreement with a four-to-six week projected suspense time, and then tolerate four-to-six months. While I subscribe to the “good things come to those who wait” axiom, when I’m paying several thousand dollars, I expect to get what I paid for when it was promised. I guess there is a far greater epidemic of customer abuse going on in the high-end wheel industry than I ever imagined. While I may indeed have been far too naive when I began my quest for new wheels, I am a quick study, and do not intend to let this manufacturer off the hook without a detailed account of my experience ultimately on file at the appropriate Better Business Bureau. While I realize such an undertaking won’t mitigate my situation, it may help someone else in the future, and even prompt the manufacturer to provide more realistic ETAs to their prospective customers as well. Anyway gents, I do appreciate your input, and I will not expect anyone to share my outrage from this point-on…
Old 11-03-03, 07:29 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

iforged has been horrible with time as mentioned with other posts, i waited like 3 months but that doesn't seem very long anymore compared 2 u guys...
Old 11-03-03, 07:54 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I had to wait 6 plus months for my Volks. I was very close to scrapping the volks and ordering a set of HRE's . As of this day, i still hate Mackin Industries. What kind of distrubutor doesn't even have the dang wheels in stock? A sorry *** one IMHO.

If you did order the iforged, you should have known about their spotty customer service. I don't have any personal experience, but have heard more bad than good.

I am very patient as long as the sales person is straight up with me, and gives me a time frame my wheels should come in. I was told 3 , but got it in 6 .

I'm pondering new Volks, but it will be hard to give another penny to Mackin. Just hang in there, if you love the wheels you ordered, the wait will have been worth it.
Old 11-03-03, 08:26 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Yeah I hated waiting...

I had to wait 3 months for mine as well...
Old 11-03-03, 09:28 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Gents:

Your instincts were on the money: Iforged is the manufacturer, and their primary retailer hasn’t given me an accurate answer/status since I place the order either. As a matter of fact, the retailer’s policy for purchase is ½ payment when you order and the last ½ (balance) when they ship. They hit my Discover card for the balance of the full amount five weeks ago (I still have no idea when they will be shipped), and gave me more excuses than you can imagine before they decided to cease all communications. I can’t tell you how many times they told me the wheels would be delivered “next week” and in one instance was told “this Friday or Monday at the latest.” I was so excited I took that Monday off from work to wait for them so I could immediately drive them to the tire dealership (who had already been holding my tires for me for four weeks) and have them mounted. When they never showed, and I called them on it they told me two more weeks; that was four weeks ago today. I’m doing everything I can to cancel the order and terminate my relationship with both companies but it is a lengthy process. God help me or anyone like me that ever waits this long for a delivery, hits a curb and needs a replacement rim! I really wish I had joined this club earlier so I would have known about this company’s reputation: I honestly never would have ordered from them with the benefit of that information.
Old 11-03-03, 10:41 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

It's bad enough going through this stuff to make your wife look better but when it's your car...................I get really upset!

DT
Old 11-03-03, 10:46 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

Fellow Club Lexus members let's use our muscle and show these wheel manufacturers. BOYCOT, BOYCOT,BOYCOT.

DT
( I should have been in politics)

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED