SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Deal alert on G-spider wheels

Old 02-21-17, 03:34 PM
sippy2
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Deal alert on G-spider wheels

I am a new SC owner....bought a completely stock 06 Matador red for my wife. I really didn't care for the stock wheels...so I started looking around and ran on top the G-Spider wheels...liked that they were OEM...then I found what was an excellent deal. I just ordered a set from MyLparts.com. They have a standing 10% off to CL members...then I saw a post where they are offering a one time 15% for following them on twitter. Bingo...order the wheels with caps and discount and it came to $750.99 shipped...awesome..then I got an email and it said wheels don't qualify for free shipping and it was $80 more...still a good deal at $830 shipped.

So if anyone is looking there you go.
Old 02-22-17, 08:55 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Thanks for passing along this good deal! I think the G-Spider rims look amazing on the SC430, and are completely OEM.

How do you and your wife like your new SC so far? You'll find the SC Forum to be filled with knowledgeable SC-loving people who can answer just about any technical question you could think of regarding this car. I think most of us on the forum consider the SC430 to be one of the most beautiful, luxurious, dependable convertibles ever sold. Welcome to the club!
Old 02-22-17, 10:12 AM
taisho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sippy2
I am a new SC owner....bought a completely stock 06 Matador red for my wife. I really didn't care for the stock wheels...so I started looking around and ran on top the G-Spider wheels...liked that they were OEM...then I found what was an excellent deal. I just ordered a set from MyLparts.com. They have a standing 10% off to CL members...then I saw a post where they are offering a one time 15% for following them on twitter. Bingo...order the wheels with caps and discount and it came to $750.99 shipped...awesome..then I got an email and it said wheels don't qualify for free shipping and it was $80 more...still a good deal at $830 shipped.

So if anyone is looking there you go.
It's no longer for sale....boooo. I was about to purchase them too.
Old 02-22-17, 01:10 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Gang I debated in getting the GSpider and after looking at the SC, I actually decided to go with the original rims with the Twisties " instead. I think the twisties give the SC the sleek Ferrari look
Old 02-22-17, 01:51 PM
sippy2
Driver

Originally Posted by riknchar
Thanks for passing along this good deal! I think the G-Spider rims look amazing on the SC430, and are completely OEM.

How do you and your wife like your new SC so far? You'll find the SC Forum to be filled with knowledgeable SC-loving people who can answer just about any technical question you could think of regarding this car. I think most of us on the forum consider the SC430 to be one of the most beautiful, luxurious, dependable convertibles ever sold. Welcome to the club!
You guys are actually one of the reasons I bought the SC. I had an Acura NSX I wasn't driving much and I saw an older SC going down the road...googled it and it led me here. This was about a year ago...read several pages of the forum...sold the NSX....then decided to start watching for the right car and found the 06...the rest is history. Car is mostly for my wife...and it is a third car for us...so we will mile it out when the weather is nice. Hopefully take some short trips and such.

BTW the SC is not a replacement for the NSX...it's just a car we will get more use out of and enjoy.

Can't wait for the wheels to come...looks like about 10-14 days.

Sorry to those that I got excited and got shut out. This deal was most likely not real profitable to the dealer...but they honored my deal...so I think it says a lot for them. They will get all my business from now on. And riknchar you were the one to point me that way. Thanks!
Old 02-23-17, 08:50 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 457 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by sippy2
I had an Acura NSX
I have had a lot of cool cars over the years, but the NSX was the one that "got away" I still look for one now and then. There are a bunch coming in from Japan these days. (Since they are right hand drive, I guess you can't import them until they are considered classics)
Old 02-23-17, 02:31 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by taisho
It's no longer for sale....boooo. I was about to purchase them too.
taisho: I'm really surprised the rims are no longer available via Lexus Parts World, but don't give up hope if you really like them and want to purchase a new OEM set.

They are available from Amazon for $262 with free shipping -- here's the link:
Amazon Amazon

They are also available via Lexus of Englewood (online) for $229 each (not sure about shipping cost): https://parts.lexusofenglewood.com/l...18-x-8-upgrade

Good luck!
Old 02-23-17, 02:44 PM
sippy2
Driver

Here's the best deal I found before I bought mine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-18-034...-/131010690964
They are listed as staggered(2-18x8.5& 2-18x8)...but also says you can get non staggered as well.

When pricing the wheels anywhere make sure you get center caps...they are about 15-20 ea.
Old 03-02-17, 08:25 PM
BCT
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DashingDar
I have had a lot of cool cars over the years, but the NSX was the one that "got away" I still look for one now and then. There are a bunch coming in from Japan these days. (Since they are right hand drive, I guess you can't import them until they are considered classics)
SC is my first cool car. No offense to anyone here, but I would be driving NSX or S2000 if I do not have kid. Only reason I am driving SC is because of the back seat. Don't get me wrong, I do love my SC, but NSX is in a whole different ball game for me.

Btw, that is a cool looking wheel! I do not think I have seen one before.
Old 03-03-17, 11:10 AM
sippy2
Driver

That's one of the things that make the SC cool to me....it is so much more useful than the other pure sports cars. With the NSX I just didn't drive it so much for transportation...just when I wanted to play. My wife rarely drove it. Then comes the SC...wife drives it almost everyday...and we find ourselves taking it to dinner and such.,,,which hardly happened with the NSX. Keep in mind the NSX was appreciating and I wanted to keep it pristine. Although I will keep the SC nice but am not worried if we get a rock chip or two. I expect the SC to depreciate...so we need to drive it to make it pay for itself.

BTW we are a three car family. F150...Acura MDX...and the SC