GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-16, 07:46 AM
kdphan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalboyF
Do you mind PM me which dealer you were able to get $67k-68K? i am very interested in getting a Blue GSF on black leather lol THANKS in advance !
Serramonte Lexus (contact Ken Liu). I think they only have a white GSF left.

Also try Lexus of Marin, they're willing to do the same. MSRP is lower on their cars though.
Old 10-21-16, 07:54 AM
Kelziam
Driver School Candidate

This is a very nice vehicle and I think that you as well received a great lease deal on it.
Old 10-21-16, 08:59 AM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by Kelziam
This is a very nice vehicle and I think that you as well received a great lease deal on it.
It's a great car for that price.

Strange enough, I sold the car this week thru KBB instant cash offer.
Put deposit down on a '16 GTR instead.

GSF is probably the best car Lexus has built (aside from LFA).
Old 10-21-16, 08:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by kdphan
It's a great car for that price.

Strange enough, I sold the car this week thru KBB instant cash offer.
Put deposit down on a '16 GTR instead.

GSF is probably the best car Lexus has built (aside from LFA).
wtf?! Didn't you just buy that last week? How much loss did you take and why sell it so soon?
Old 10-21-16, 08:25 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
wtf?! Didn't you just buy that last week? How much loss did you take and why sell it so soon?
bought it about 2 and half weeks ago.

Only loss I took was DMV fees and acquisition fee added to selling price.

bought for 67.2 and sold it for 67.6

V8 sounded great but I got really frustrated with the downshifts. There were several instances where I wanted to speed up and pass somebody but the tranny didn't want to downshift for over a second. I'm not sure if there's a software update to fix the lag.

I should've done a more in depth test drive before deciding.
Old 10-21-16, 09:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

omg, sorry to hear. but good that all you lost was just the fees since you got the car at such a great price (whoever paid for this got a pretty bad deal though).

yes, downshift is always the part i don't like, i kind of gave up on the lexus tranny downshift. in S+ it helps a bit but still on the slow side imho
Old 10-21-16, 09:16 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
omg, sorry to hear. but good that all you lost was just the fees since you got the car at such a great price (whoever paid for this got a pretty bad deal though).

yes, downshift is always the part i don't like, i kind of gave up on the lexus tranny downshift. in S+ it helps a bit but still on the slow side imho
sell was through KBB instant cash offer.

Even in sport + the downshift still felt slow at times.
Old 10-21-16, 10:00 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn kdphn, sold the car that quick after you bought it but good for you for getting what satisfies you. It sounds like you were expecting the GSF to be more of a sports car. If so, you definitely are getting one with the GTR!

Regarding the transmission sag/delay issue. I just noticed it the other day but did not think too much of it thinking it was just breaking in and I just perused the RCF board and this shifting hesitation is a main topic and everyone has it.

For my driving habits and pleasure, I am still quit content with the GSF and hope a software flash will do the trick but for any of you that came from an 08 ISF, there is that frustrating rapidity-tap-tap from under the engine bay and Lexus never addressed that with other than the 'they all do it'. That issue however did not affect performance nor durability because nobody has blown one of those engines up due to that irritating sound.
Old 10-21-16, 10:10 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Damn kdphn, sold the car that quick after you bought it but good for you for getting what satisfies you. It sounds like you were expecting the GSF to be more of a sports car. If so, you definitely are getting one with the GTR!

Regarding the transmission sag/delay issue. I just noticed it the other day but did not think too much of it thinking it was just breaking in and I just perused the RCF board and this shifting hesitation is a main topic and everyone has it.

For my driving habits and pleasure, I am still quit content with the GSF and hope a software flash will do the trick but for any of you that came from an 08 ISF, there is that frustrating rapidity-tap-tap from under the engine bay and Lexus never addressed that with other than the 'they all do it'. That issue however did not affect performance nor durability because nobody has blown one of those engines up due to that irritating sound.
the GSF is still a phenomenal car for 67k nonetheless.
Old 10-21-16, 10:39 PM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave

The tapping is normal for a Yamaha motor. That's who produced the motors is the ISF rcf and gsf.
Old 10-22-16, 11:42 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

bought it about 2 and half weeks ago.

Only loss I took was DMV fees and acquisition fee added to selling price.

bought for 67.2 and sold it for 67.6

V8 sounded great but I got really frustrated with the downshifts. There were several instances where I wanted to speed up and pass somebody but the tranny didn't want to downshift for over a second. I'm not sure if there's a software update to fix the lag.

I should've done a more in depth test drive before deciding.
did you receive awesome numbers for the GTR? Share the numbers!

man I'm so jelly right now
Old 10-22-16, 12:04 PM
kdphan
Driver

did you receive awesome numbers for the GTR? Share the numbers!

man I'm so jelly right now
found a '16 black edition with 12k miles. $78.6k including shipping to CA. CA dealers weren't really budging on their prices so I had to do it out of state.
Old 10-22-16, 02:08 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by ming15237
that's no kind of deal! These are being has for 63k ALL DAY now! Used is in the high 50'S at best!
for a 2016 GTR black edition? 63k maybe 2012 or older?

50k for maybe early model years.
Old 10-23-16, 02:34 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

found a '16 black edition with 12k miles. $78.6k including shipping to CA. CA dealers weren't really budging on their prices so I had to do it out of state.
Post some pics when you pick her up.

Hopefully those 12k miles are all highway. 4 tires will set you back two large and new pads and rotors are $8k every 20000k miles. Oil changes are $4-500 and you don't even get a Sentra rental lol

Man, I sure can afford a gtr but the $10-15k annual maintenance cost causes me insomnia
Old 10-24-16, 07:37 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

new pads and rotors are $8k every 20000k miles.
that's a lot of miles!!!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)