IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Help car in limp mode PO300 P0305 P0306

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-16, 11:39 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What you are describing points to a ignition coil or wire issue.

If that is not the cause, although this may be a long shot, if you have the OBD flashing tool, try putting the stock tune back on or just re-flash the RR Tune.

Last edited by wmjeffreyw; 10-01-16 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-01-16, 06:28 AM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
How soon did they come back? Instantly or after a drive out of nowhere like the first instance?
They came back as soon as I was driving out the garage.
Old 10-01-16, 06:46 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Hopefully its a small fix for you.
Old 10-01-16, 07:20 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunlexus
Have a 2011 ISF with 16K miles, Joe Z intake /Exhaust, Sikky headers, and RRRacing tune. The last modification was the RRRacing tune approx 6 months ago.The car has been running fine with no problems... While driving the other day for just a few minutes, I was waiting in traffic the car starts to idle rough, as the traffic started moving the car continues to pop and miss definitely not as responsive as normal, in a mile the check engine light and traction light come on and the car goes into limp mode.. the throttle response is minimal; I can only get the engine to make 1500 RPM..
Ran an OBD2 scan and came up with P0300 misfire Detected on multiple cylinders and P0305 & P0306 (misfire detected on cylinders 5&6 ) . Changed the battery because it was the original and was getting weak at start ups. Added some sea foam and fresh gas ...any thoughts as to where I can start to try and fix this problem?
I would remove the coil packs and spark plugs on cylinders 5 and 6. if they look ok visually, then remove the coil packs and plugs on cylinders 7 and 8, and install the parts from 5 and 6 on to 7 and 8.. then test drive. if the fault codes come back, but now are listed for cylinders 7 and 8, then you know you have an issue with those parts. If the misfire does not follow those parts, you may have a big issue.
Old 10-01-16, 07:56 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKLBL
I would remove the coil packs and spark plugs on cylinders 5 and 6. if they look ok visually, then remove the coil packs and plugs on cylinders 7 and 8, and install the parts from 5 and 6 on to 7 and 8.. then test drive. if the fault codes come back, but now are listed for cylinders 7 and 8, then you know you have an issue with those parts. If the misfire does not follow those parts, you may have a big issue.
^^Try this. Might as well check your spark plugs in the process. These are usually the things to check first when encountering a misfire. I do hope it's just that and keep us updated.
Old 10-02-16, 07:46 PM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Update..... switched coils 5 & 7 cleared ECU and started car and with in 15 seconds of idle the check engine light comes on, throwing same code misfire in cylinder 5 and 6.
I have been instructed to change primary O2 sensors currently have them on order will change when parts arrive.
Old 10-02-16, 08:29 PM
sahelmad24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I'm sorry about all the issues, but my car did something similar about 8 months ago. I had P0300 along with like 15 other codes and it ended up being an electrical issue which tripped a fuse. So I would definitely check the fuse box just to be safe, maybe it could be that? Good luck!
Old 10-02-16, 08:38 PM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Just a heads up, Rockauto.com had the same Denso brand O2 sensors for half the dealership price, when I replaced my secondaries. Maybe worth checking
Old 10-03-16, 07:01 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sahelmad24
Hey I'm sorry about all the issues, but my car did something similar about 8 months ago. I had P0300 along with like 15 other codes and it ended up being an electrical issue which tripped a fuse. So I would definitely check the fuse box just to be safe, maybe it could be that? Good luck!
what made the fuse blow??
Old 10-03-16, 07:24 PM
sahelmad24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

never got a 100% answer. all i know is that it was some sort of an electrical issue i believe from the wiring harness
Old 10-03-16, 08:36 PM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Checked resistance on the O2 sensors today between the black wires I have an Ohm resistance of 2.8 Ohms . Actually after receiving the new O2 sensors they are reading 2.8 also.

Last edited by cajunlexus; 10-06-16 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-06-16, 07:02 PM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

I have changed the Battery, checked the OCV, changed the plugs, swapped the coils, changed the primary O2 sensors, added sea foam to gas, checked all the fuses, checked gas cap and still got the traction control and check engine lights after start up. Finally called a flatbed to bring it to the dealership will post the outcome ..Thanks for all the suggestion !
Old 10-06-16, 07:53 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

The dealer would probably blame the mods?

Wonder if they can perform a comp test...

Do you have the tune with the flasher module or did you send the ecu to rr?
Old 10-06-16, 08:35 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cajunlexus
I have changed the Battery, checked the OCV, changed the plugs, swapped the coils, changed the primary O2 sensors, added sea foam to gas, checked all the fuses, checked gas cap and still got the traction control and check engine lights after start up. Finally called a flatbed to bring it to the dealership will post the outcome ..Thanks for all the suggestion !
Man I hope they find the problem. I was having the same problem as you had no clue what was going on tried everything everybody in the forum told me and up being that I needed a zero point calibration which I thought was odd but far it's worked.
Old 10-07-16, 07:34 AM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by k20trick
The dealer would probably blame the mods?

Wonder if they can perform a comp test...

Do you have the tune with the flasher module or did you send the ecu to rr?
I got the tune early before they had the flasher module. Yes i sent the ECU to RRRacing.

Quick Reply: Help car in limp mode PO300 P0305 P0306