IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF got F'd today !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-16, 07:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Just wanted to update. Dropped the car off at 8:15am and they didn't finish until 6:40! They had two techs working on the car . They did a a two stage polish and a Opticoat seal. I also did two layers of wax today to give it a bit more protection
Attached Thumbnails My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo775.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo81.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo781.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo162.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo106.jpg  

Old 08-28-16, 07:47 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Looks good. probably should have waited on the wax I think opticoat takes several days to fully cure.
Old 08-28-16, 07:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

It was 105 today and the car was cooking all night in the garage at 114 . It was finished yesterday
Old 08-28-16, 08:11 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I don't get it, did the dust from the tree have sap in it? Not sure why sawdust would stick.
Old 08-28-16, 08:25 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

as a detailer ... i would love to stage 2 your car ... its an easy fix to get her looking new again ...

Old 08-29-16, 01:36 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry for your headache man but glad everything worked out minus your aggravation, money and time.

Looks good.
Old 08-29-16, 02:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I don't get it, did the dust from the tree have sap in it? Not sure why sawdust would stick.
exactly, the car felt like sticky sandpaper

Originally Posted by gravesg
as a detailer ... i would love to stage 2 your car ... its an easy fix to get her looking new again ...
Thanks man . It always easy to the pros lol
Old 08-29-16, 02:41 PM
tonykdee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mind if I ask how much that cost you? It looks amazing!
Old 08-29-16, 06:38 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought we can claim comprehensive on something like this. It's no fault of your own and it cannot be avoided. You should be able to pay the deductible and have a high end detail shop take care of this, or even repaint if necessary on some of the more serious panels. And wont affect your records or future premiums? If you have $250 or $500 deductible you can probably save some $$...just a thought
Old 08-29-16, 08:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tonykdee
Do you mind if I ask how much that cost you? It looks amazing!
No problem . It was $300 for two stage polish and wax after . I did 9 hours of prep work removing the sap and claying the hell out of every inch of the body. Even went at some
Sections with diluted alcohol I knew I was doing a number on the clear coat to remove he sap but I also knew I was reversible . When the shop manager took a look at it he was like , " oh man ! This is way too much to do in one day ". I begged him, promised reviews and a shout out on Facebook . He called his boss and they had two guys stay almost two hours late on a Saturday to fix it . There was a Lambo there too and it had been there for 4 days . I told the guy I don't have a second car like most of his Scottsdale clientele and he was cool .

Originally Posted by kiryu
I thought we can claim comprehensive on something like this. It's no fault of your own and it cannot be avoided. You should be able to pay the deductible and have a high end detail shop take care of this, or even repaint if necessary on some of the more serious panels. And wont affect your records or future premiums? If you have $250 or $500 deductible you can probably save some $$...just a thought
I would have done what was needed but the company stepped up . In fact they dropped off the check for the detail and wash today at my office in person with a nice apology . I was blown away at how fast they paid me . No dragging their feet . No excuses . They just manned up and payed and took responsibility . Very cool and rare nowadays .
Attached Thumbnails My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo267.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 05:47 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Looks great! I would love to work on MRM F's all day, every day.

Just FYI - if it was $300 total for your services, you did not receive Opti-Coat... Opti-Coat is a professional only product, and installers are bound by contract to charge an agreed upon Minimum Advertised Price for the Opti-Coat services. This MAP is set by Optimum Polymer Technologies and is way higher than $300.

In any case, $300 for a true 2 step paint correction process is an absolute steal on its own, so you got a great deal on that. Not sure how that business can even make money if they really worked on it all day - assuming they started working around 9, took an hour for break, and finished at 6, that is 8 hours per person, for 16 combined hours which totals $18.75/hr not factoring in product cost and overhead. I can only imagine they did not truly begin working on the car until much later in the day and did not do a true 2-step paint correction.... otherwise they will not stay in business for too long with those margins.

Anyway.. I am rambling... glad the car turned out nice! That paint color is one of my all time favorites.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 08-30-16 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-30-16, 05:57 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Damn that sucks!

So pleased you got it all sorted out though my friend.

Results look excellent in the photos, and really glad the landscapers came through with payment for their mistake.

As you said, rare to find people like that these days.

Congrats.
Old 08-30-16, 04:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Just FYI - if it was $300 total for your services, you did not receive Opti-Coat... Opti-Coat is a professional only product, and installers are bound by contract to charge an agreed upon Minimum Advertised Price for the Opti-Coat services. This MAP is set by Optimum Polymer Technologies and is way higher than $300.

In any case, $300 for a true 2 step paint correction process is an absolute steal on its own, so you got a great deal on that. Not sure how that business can even make money if they really worked on it all day - assuming they started working around 9, took an hour for break, and finished at 6, that is 8 hours per person, for 16 combined hours which totals $18.75/hr not factoring in product cost and overhead. I can only imagine they did not truly begin working on the car until much later in the day and did not do a true 2-step paint correction.... otherwise they will not stay in business for too long with those margins.

Anyway.. I am rambling... glad the car turned out nice! That paint color is one of my all time favorites.
Thanks buddy! I am pretty sure they have me a great deal ( like 50%off) because I told them I would help spread the word for them online, on my popular Facebook page , and on Yelp. I saw them use the product on the car and even looked at the container . They told me how insane it was and it shows lol

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Damn that sucks!

So pleased you got it all sorted out though my friend.

Results look excellent in the photos, and really glad the landscapers came through with payment for their mistake.

As you said, rare to find people like that these days.

Congrats.
Thanks man . I was so alarmed when I initially thought it was just saw dust then when I went to hit the wipers to remove the layer on the glass and it did not wipe anything away I was panicking . I am still in awe that they payed me and payed me so fast . I had the car detailed Saturday, texted them the cost Saturday night and got a check hand delivered to my office Monday afternoon before I went to lunch.
Old 08-31-16, 10:05 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

I thought the same thing 300 for a 2 stage and coating is dirt cheap, Shops around me are charging 1000+ for those services. If the op got it for that price that's a hell of a steal.
Old 08-31-16, 10:56 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad to see that your story has a happy ending; when I saw you post this on the Facebook page I was like wow... that's almost as bad as getting into an actual accident. Your after pictures though are absolutely stunning.

Quick Reply: My ISF got F'd today !!