GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model
View Poll Results: are you disappointed with the GSF?
Yes
44.57%
No
55.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

Old 06-29-16, 09:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
I see your point.

However the prices are dropping through negotiations... I have read about a few members getting theirs in mid 70s. Which mine was as well. At that point that gap is much larger.
you are not counting the fact that m5 can be greatly discounted yet?

all i can say is, one can lease m5 for right around 1000 bucks a month with zero down. on the gsf with zero down, i think it's still around or above 1000. that says a lot
Old 06-29-16, 09:57 PM
marksaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the GSF for a lot less than $1,000 a month with zero down.

Originally Posted by rominl

all i can say is, one can lease m5 for right around 1000 bucks a month with zero down. on the gsf with zero down, i think it's still around or above 1000. that says a lot
Old 06-29-16, 10:01 PM
marksaus
Driver School Candidate

Also, the GSF is absolutely no way a disappointment. Clearly you haven't driven one if you're saying that. As a livable driving experience it's great under 3,000 revs, and it's an animal over that. Plus the quality and style, as well as the fact it's a unique vehicle (only 2,000 this year in US, maybe less next), makes it special.
Old 06-29-16, 11:30 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

With some negotiations you can be around $800 per Month + Taxes for $87k GS F with 0 down.

Last edited by Salil022; 06-29-16 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 09:40 AM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marksaus
Also, the GSF is absolutely no way a disappointment. Clearly you haven't driven one if you're saying that. As a livable driving experience it's great under 3,000 revs, and it's an animal over that. Plus the quality and style, as well as the fact it's a unique vehicle (only 2,000 this year in US, maybe less next), makes it special.
I've owned 2 GS cars in a row and greatly anticipated the GSF. When it came out, I went and drove it and was very disappointed in it after spending some time driving a M5 and M6. If you drive a M5/M6 and then get in a GSF, you are going to be disappointed even if you have a natural tendency to prefer Lexus. The GSF just doesn't even compete with BMW and THAT IS disappointing.
Old 06-30-16, 01:45 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,208 Likes on 630 Posts

That is one of the most disappointing things to me, the lack of torque in the lower half of the power band. I could live with 467 hp, but not having to wait for 4,000 rpm to come around before I feel it.

I haven't driven the GS F, but I bet that is a lot of the ~1 second different in 0-60 times between my car and the GS F, the first 60 feet of it.
Old 06-30-16, 02:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
That is one of the most disappointing things to me, the lack of torque in the lower half of the power band. I could live with 467 hp, but not having to wait for 4,000 rpm to come around before I feel it.

I haven't driven the GS F, but I bet that is a lot of the ~1 second different in 0-60 times between my car and the GS F, the first 60 feet of it.
There is power for sure under 4K rpm, you just have to turn the map setting to sport+ after every startup. Which is a big pita.
Old 06-30-16, 06:50 PM
Merzbow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
There is power for sure under 4K rpm, you just have to turn the map setting to sport+ after every startup. Which is a big pita.
Yeah. It's a completely different car in the sport modes. Maybe somebody will figure out how to tune the ECM so normal is more like sport.
Old 06-30-16, 09:31 PM
95bat
Racer

Power, yes, but not as much as other cars. My car has more torque at 2000 rpm than the lexus has at any rpm. Had the GS F had a bump in torque I think I would have bought one.
Old 07-01-16, 08:16 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Power, yes, but not as much as other cars. My car has more torque at 2000 rpm than the lexus has at any rpm. Had the GS F had a bump in torque I think I would have bought one.
Your car wishes it had the interior quality of a base model Lexus... the new Corvette cabins look nice, but they're still Fisher Price level in build quality.
Old 07-01-16, 01:28 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Your car wishes it had the interior quality of a base model Lexus... the new Corvette cabins look nice, but they're still Fisher Price level in build quality.
The C7 interior is better than a base Lexus lol you're taking it a bit too far. I drove my C7 to the dealership and sat in a base RX350, I was very happy to return to my car. The loaded RX350 we sat in was way nicer, which is why we bought a loaded one :P

On a side note, my 2013 GS F Sport had a rattle in the driver door, a rattle in the dash, and a body panel rattle on the passenger side. I don't have any rattles inside my C7. It seems the interior build quality for both cars can be good or bad. Lexus isn't perfect 100% of the time, and Chevrolet sure as heck isn't either.

On another side note, I'd trade my C7 for a GS F straight across RIGHT NOW lol. I absolutely LOVE that car, but not at $88k.

I am not a Lexus hater or anything, I really, REALLY wanted a GS F. But, As I said before... I'd buy that car in the high 60s or low 70s, but it isn't worth more than about $74k to me.
Old 07-02-16, 04:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I waited for the GS F's pricing to be listed before I pulled the trigger on the RC F. Like many of you have echoed, I expected the price premium to be slightly higher than the RC F, but not as much as it is. This, combined with a less distinguishable design and presence over the GS F Sport, an after-thought slapped-on rear-spoiler, and same powertrain over the RC F, drove me to buy the latter. But the GS interior...
Old 07-02-16, 05:16 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
But the GS interior...
I still don't see why everyone thinks the GSF interior is so special. Besides the Ac and radio layout that is different from the Rcf (doesn't mean it's better), everything else is the same
Old 07-02-16, 03:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I still don't see why everyone thinks the GSF interior is so special. Besides the Ac and radio layout that is different from the Rcf (doesn't mean it's better), everything else is the same
The GS' interior is a half notch above the RC F's in terms of overall interior materials and craftsmanship for example the lower dash is hard plastic on the RC like the IS. Styling though, different story as I prefer the design IS/RC dash more.
Old 07-02-16, 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

You can get the GSF for a lot less than $1,000 a month with zero down.
Originally Posted by Salil022
With some negotiations you can be around $800 per Month + Taxes for $87k GS F with 0 down.
800 before or after tax? 36 months 12k miles annual? i would like to hear details. if those are the terms and after tax then i think gsf is getting into shape.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll