SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Programming the garage opener

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03, 04:29 AM
golfkwesi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Programming the garage opener

Having a little problem here. Are there any tricks not listed in the manual? I haven't changed the battery in my remote ( as the manual recommends ) but the remote works great.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-03, 07:22 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Some of the new garage door openers won't work with the homelink. I ran into this in my new construction at my office a few months ago. I have a Martin garage door opener which supposedly has a trillion different codes, while homelink only works with ones that have a few billion. That's what my garage guys says anyway. I can get a small module that works with the homelink to make my garage door opener work. I don't know if that's your problem or not, but it's a possibility.

Doc C
Old 10-07-03, 09:29 AM
rscharf
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Try moving the remote your trying to "train" Homelink with

I had problems programming a security gate and when I moved the remote I was trying to "train" homelink to it finally worked.

For example, if your holding the remote towards the back of the homelink console, try moving the remote towards the front of the console (closer to your windshield).

Hope this helps.

Robert
The following users liked this post:
Mark (02-27-21)
Old 10-07-03, 09:33 AM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If your garage door opener has a "rolling code" (which most do if manufactured after the mid-90's), you must push a "training" button on the ceiling-mounted opener and then push the Homelink button as instructed in the manual. It took me several times, but it did eventually work on my SC430. I've yet to get it to work on my Infiniti QX4. Don't give up hope!
Old 10-07-03, 09:49 AM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was having a similar problem in getting it to work.

I was pressing the hand-held remote every 2 seconds as recommended in the manual.

When I tried pressing the "learn" button instead on the roof mounted console it finally worked.

You actually have to hold down the Homelink button for about 2 seconds for the garage door to start working.

Cheers, Nick
Old 10-07-03, 07:16 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

Default Homelink is working!

Thanks for all the assistance! It turned out that my opener did have the rolling code. Once I followed the additional steps in the manual it worked first time!
Old 09-16-07, 10:49 AM
Tensi
Intermediate

Can anyone tell me exactly how to do it on the rolling codes? I didn't get a manual when I bought the car and I can't figure it out.
Old 09-16-07, 12:18 PM
SC430Sam
Driver

If I remember correctly...

1. Hold down the button you wish to program as well as the remote you are programming. You should get a slow blinking (or maybe solid light) light that turns into a fast blinking light (I know this is what it turns in to).

2. Then you must go up to the garage opening unit on the ceiling of your garage and press a (usually) red button that says "Learn" or something on it. It sticks out like a sore thumb on the units I have programmed for friends.

3. Then within thirty seconds you must get back in your car and hold down the button you just programmed for 2 seconds. Then you should be good to go.

Let me know if this does not work, and I will go outside and look in my manual for you. It has been a little while since I have programmed mine.

I will throw in there though that when it comes to programming a gate, I had to use my far right button, not either of the first two. Supposed the third one was made for gates. It took me forever to figure this out, but I finally got it. Just an FYI.
Old 09-16-07, 09:02 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Worked perfectly! Thanks!
Old 09-16-07, 09:50 PM
johnnyreno
Driver

MY prob is when i try and set my lexus the cad escalade loses its setting, and the mercedes is simply a nightmare, so unless i have several competant people around ,,,, forget it.
Old 09-16-07, 11:06 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

My MBs isn't affected at all. And it is the same sequence as well.
Old 01-24-11, 01:30 PM
gentouru
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC430Sam
If I remember correctly...

1. Hold down the button you wish to program as well as the remote you are programming. You should get a slow blinking (or maybe solid light) light that turns into a fast blinking light (I know this is what it turns in to).

2. Then you must go up to the garage opening unit on the ceiling of your garage and press a (usually) red button that says "Learn" or something on it. It sticks out like a sore thumb on the units I have programmed for friends.

3. Then within thirty seconds you must get back in your car and hold down the button you just programmed for 2 seconds. Then you should be good to go.

Let me know if this does not work, and I will go outside and look in my manual for you. It has been a little while since I have programmed mine.

I will throw in there though that when it comes to programming a gate, I had to use my far right button, not either of the first two. Supposed the third one was made for gates. It took me forever to figure this out, but I finally got it. Just an FYI.

I this for rolling code? I got mine to work the first time i did it and found that I need to use the rolling code instruction from manual. I was able to get two buttons to work but not the third one so I talked to lexus and they said that i should wipe out the programming by press the two out most buttons. Now I can't program all three buttons using the direction I used before (above 2 and 3).
Old 08-09-16, 02:21 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Guys! Just installed a new Chamberlain 1/2 hp Garage Door Opener.
Tried to reprogram the homelink in my SC430 and LS460 but run into problem.
The new unit has rolling code technology.
I performed the following steps but still cannot make it to work. Please check and advise what step I do wrong.

1. Park the park outside the garage. Done
2. Hold the no 1 and 3 home links until the red light flashed to clear the old code. Done
3. Hold the remote 1-3 inches from the home link buttons in the car.
4. Press both the remote and the home link button (#1) and Hold both. The garage door opens, looking for the indicator light on #1 to change from slow flash to rapid flash. The door already opens but the light still slow flashed. Why?
5. Press and Hold the new home link (#1), the light still flashed...not solid.
6. I cannot perform the next time: push the learn button on my garage door unit and within 30 secs to push the home link button 3 times to complete the steps.

Please help.
Old 08-09-16, 03:37 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Been there, done that. You need the Liftmaster 855LM HomeLink Repeater Kit. Our car technology is no longer compatible with the newer garage door technology.

Last edited by Poqman; 08-10-16 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-09-16, 05:11 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I wonder if Lexus has a retro-fit kit to handle the newer technology.

Quick Reply: Programming the garage opener