SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Roof Button Bypass QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-17, 04:03 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
he said he has no light on the switch, if the trunk cover was not seated properly, I think he would still get a fast blinking red light. Does that sound correct?

yes bgw, light and audible beep.
Old 01-14-17, 12:36 PM
martinthez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Stream - no codes

I had the car checked with Tech Stream, no codes, all the roof components checked good.
I'm pretty confident it is the switch seeing there are at least two others not responding on the hvac unit.
Also noticed the door to the Navigation system is not responding, stuck in open. Possible button problem there too.

If the only problem was the convertible switch I probably would have simply connected a switch at kick panel where you hook up the remote start/top controls. But looks like I'll be ordering the Hvac unit.
Old 01-14-17, 02:36 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
he said he has no light on the switch, if the trunk cover was not seated properly, I think he would still get a fast blinking red light. Does that sound correct?
Yes, you are correct. I just double checked.
Old 01-17-17, 01:48 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

Isn't there multiple harnesses that go to the HVAC Controller? Maybe one of them came loose?

Take a look before you order anything
Old 01-17-17, 01:51 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

If you want a video on how to get it out, here is one from YouTube
Old 01-17-17, 04:03 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by DashingDar
Isn't there multiple harnesses that go to the HVAC Controller? Maybe one of them came loose?

Take a look before you order anything
good point, sometimes we overlook the simple, and obvious.
Old 01-17-17, 06:42 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by martinthez
I had the car checked with Tech Stream, no codes, all the roof components checked good.
I'm pretty confident it is the switch seeing there are at least two others not responding on the hvac unit.
Also noticed the door to the Navigation system is not responding, stuck in open. Possible button problem there too.

If the only problem was the convertible switch I probably would have simply connected a switch at kick panel where you hook up the remote start/top controls. But looks like I'll be ordering the Hvac unit.
if the connectors are seated securely, as Dashing suggested, and you still have access to tech stream, I know techstream can operate several of the ECUs in the car, i.e. Windows. My point, if you can control the roof with tech stream, it could be Verified. I just cannot remember if my techstream will operate the roof.
Old 01-18-17, 09:56 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

techstream will tell you what each roof component is doing, BUT IT ONLY WORKS WHILE YOU ARE PUSHING THE BUTTON. Which is ironic in this situation.
Old 01-18-17, 10:05 PM
nomods4me
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think that is ironic
Old 01-19-17, 02:50 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

techstream will tell you what each roof component is doing, BUT IT ONLY WORKS WHILE YOU ARE PUSHING THE BUTTON. Which is ironic in this situation.
just curious, did you verify in techstream?
seems like techstream would be an excellent option to check the various functions of the A/C control...if I have some extra time tonight, I will connect it to my car and take a look.
Old 01-19-17, 07:05 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

I followed the link to the 2008 post here and in it the poster mentions the techstream had a nav system "I agree" bypass in its program,

only when hooked up? Can anyone Refresh my info on what it takes to get and use a techstream unit?
Old 01-19-17, 09:02 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Can the "I agree" be bypassed in gen 4 Nav with 10.1 or higher version?
Old 01-19-17, 03:03 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

you are correct Dashing! I connected techstream and took a pic of the screen. It will show the progress and what everything is doing but I cannot open or close the roof with techstream, darn.
BUT!!!
the A/C control has other issues and techstream does do a test of all the HVAC functions and will show it on the screen.
Old 01-19-17, 03:19 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Caflashbob
I followed the link to the 2008 post here and in it the poster mentions the techstream had a nav system "I agree" bypass in its program,

only when hooked up? Can anyone Refresh my info on what it takes to get and use a techstream unit?
here are a couple of advance searches I did for techstream...you guys really should try the advanced search feature, that comment is for the folks who don't try it ;-)
but hey, this is CL and we still help each other out...unlike other forums, they eat each other up! LoL

two main points, the easiest way to load this software is with Win XP 32 bit, although others have made it work on win7 64bit...and the software could have a virus or malware. I loaded it on an old XP laptop dedicated for this purpose only...car maintenance software. I am running Tech Stream and the Honda Diagnostic System.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=15670806

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=15670825
Old 01-19-17, 09:41 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...I was looking at the screenshot of your techstream Bgw & it made me think of a question......looking at the entry for the RH/LH Quarter Window SW, the value states off. If this was turned on, do you think it would be possible to operate your rear quarters ? I would assume that if this was possible, you would probably have to add a switch to control them, but it might eliminate the rear window mod that some members have used or at least make it easier......that is if it would work at all ???

Quick Reply: SC430 Roof Button Bypass QUESTION