SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Getting so confused while looking for wheels! HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-16, 10:11 AM
T8LEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting so confused while looking for wheels! HELP PLEASE!!!

(Sorry if this is considered a double post) So I have been trying to do all my due diligence looking for wheels. I have been searching for a style that I like as well as where to buy for a good price and service. So after all the research that I have done I found the wheel that I like. So now I was searching for a place to buy. I came across CARiD with the best price for the wheels and tire package. After reading a bunch of online reviews here and elsewhere I am seeing that they are terrible at delivering said products and often deliver months later with incorrect parts and terrible return policies. So I found another vendor online and I was almost about to pull the trigger on the purchase and they told me that I cant get that model because it wont clear the sc430 calipers. I am wondering how much stock to put into what they are telling me. These are the model and specs on the wheels any help I could get with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Front: TSW® - SNETTERTON Hyper Silver with Mirror Cut Lip (20" x 8.5", +40 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 76mm Hub)
Rear: TSW® - SNETTERTON Hyper Silver with Mirror Cut Lip (20" x 10", +40 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 76mm Hub)
Old 09-23-16, 10:21 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....hey T8LEX, I actually answered your question in the other thread. The wheel size & offset will not be an issue, but you will need hub rings. The Sc stock hub size is 60.1, so those rings will be necessary, to help eliminate any vibrations from the wheels
Old 09-26-16, 09:48 AM
T8LEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....hey T8LEX, I actually answered your question in the other thread. The wheel size & offset will not be an issue, but you will need hub rings. The Sc stock hub size is 60.1, so those rings will be necessary, to help eliminate any vibrations from the wheels
[QUOTE=talwang;5663989]I kind of revised the Rominl's wheel fitment guide.
Knowing most members here don't buy custom wheels, it is more practical to show you a range of offsets for a given width that will fit the SC430.

Assume members want a better wheel fitment when they decide to get rid of their oem wheels, so +45 would be the highest offset for any given wheel width below.
When you shop for a new set, try to choose an offest that is close to the lowest number in the specified range in order to get the best fitment.
That is, the LOWER the offset, the MORE aggressive the wheel fitment for a given width.
I keep mentioning width and offset at the same time since both are needed in order to determin the lateral, or side to side, position of the wheel.

The wheel spacer fitment info is added for your reference.
For example, the fitment of 9.5" +30 in the front would look like adding 33mm spacers to your oem wheels while 9.5" +35 would look like adding 33-(35-30)= 28mm spacers.

Also, the setups recommended below should require no fender mods or stretched tires.

Name:  wheelfitment.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  378.3 KB

Thank you for the reply Texsexlex! (Once again I apologize for the double post) I hope this post can help myself and other people in the future. So after trying to educate myself on clublexus some more here is my follow up question? Trying to use this helpful chart (Thanks Rominil and Talawang!)

In your opinion would you do with this set up. So the only thing I changed was the offset on the front wheel from + 40 to +20 (+40 & +20 are the only offset options for this wheel) When reading through the Wheel fitment sticky I noticed a lot of people going with the +20 offset on the front wheel) And if I understand this all correctly it would add 25mm in spacing for the front wheel for the +20 and 30mm spacing for the rear wheel (+40) and adding Hub Ring? ( are the hub rings needed a universal size for the SC430?)

(20" x 8.5", +20 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 76mm Hub)
(20" x 10", +40 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 76mm Hub)

Thanks in advance for any replies! I really an scared of ordering the wrong wheels that would be a nightmare.
Old 09-26-16, 02:09 PM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I think 19" wheels are best on the SC. When I did 20's it drove poorly. 19's on my current SC and it's great.