SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Takata airbag repair damages by service department

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 02:36 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleroad
Any time you are buying a car and you verbally agree to any repair. You must get a written "we owe" statement detailing out what specifically they agreed to do. This should be in front of you before signing for the car. Then you both sign it with the other purchase agreements.

I have done this in the past. Once even with this they gave me a difficult time, but they knew they didn't have a leg to stand on. I received everything they owed me. If you don't do this 9 out of 10 times they will screw you in the name of profit.
Good advice!
Old 07-11-16, 11:37 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
Lexus platinum warranty and certified pre owned should of covered your issues I don't know when you sold the car and how long ago the issue happened. If you paid them for a covered issue they owe you

I had the platinum warranty which covers bumper to bumper excluding consumable brake pads and tires etc
Yes thats right i had the full coverage. it was another dealer, and when i asked about leather and stuff there like that must be a deal with your original dealer so you will have to check with them on that.

Originally Posted by Coleroad
Any time you are buying a car and you verbally agree to any repair. You must get a written "we owe" statement detailing out what specifically they agreed to do. This should be in front of you before signing for the car. Then you both sign it with the other purchase agreements.

I have done this in the past. Once even with this they gave me a difficult time, but they knew they didn't have a leg to stand on. I received everything they owed me. If you don't do this 9 out of 10 times they will screw you in the name of profit.
you are right Coleroad, cant take anyone's word. Btw the reason i was not worried about the leather is because of the Warranty I bought for wear and tear otherwise i would have definitely asked to write it on the agreement..