SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Any Radio upgrade for 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-16, 04:40 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you run wires from the passenger side for the mic and door sill for antenna ...if you did, how to get from front base of door sill over to the radio compartment....through glove box area? if so, what do I have to remove to fish wire over from there, I don't see any clips to remove cover trim above footwell......
Bgw70 I do appreciate you help, I just don't want to learn from making any mistakes and you've been down the road

Last edited by NEWONE1; 06-18-16 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-18-16, 08:07 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 854 Likes on 687 Posts

starting at the mic location, the wire was routed across the roof or top of the windshield to the passenger side pillar down the right side of the dash by the door jam. This is difficult to explain and wish I had pictures. Anyway, then I went under the dash. I pulled the cover under the dash and I think the glove box too. I routed the wire across to the center and connected to the radio.

now I remember how I routed the antenna wire in the SC. I routed it up the middle of the car. It went from the under the rear seat, then under the carpet and into the console and up to the dash. It was very easy. I also installed an XM antenna in my other car but it went in the door sill.
Old 06-18-16, 08:14 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a pic of the antenna installed, you can see the wire going behind the seat. The antenna is not glued or attached in anyway, it just sits up there and will not move.

Old 06-18-16, 08:44 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Thanks! The cover under the dash just pops off from clips?..... and what size grommet did you use in console (sounds like an on off switch for antennae is needed if it goes up every time the radio is turned on.....wouldn't want it up listening to Sirrius or watching a movie)

Last edited by NEWONE1; 06-19-16 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-19-16, 06:24 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NEWONE1
Thanks! The cover under the dash just pops off from clips?..... and what size grommet did you use in console (sounds like an on off switch for antennae is needed if it goes up every time the radio is turned on.....wouldn't want it up listening to Sirrius or watching a movie)
I don't recall what hold the dash undercover, but if you do a quick look, you will know.
I cut no holes in the console and used no grommet.
I did not install an antenna switch because I am fine with it being up when the radio is on...personal preference.
Old 06-20-16, 06:16 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Bgw70: I noticed that both doors are open when you did the nav grouding proceedure......can you manually open the nav and radio doors without power....if so, that doesn't mess up when you go back to normal operation?
Old 06-20-16, 06:19 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, the doors can be opened and closed with no power. Just be gentle and they move very easily.
Once you reapply power the doors will operate normally.
The system has built in stops which tell the motor when to start or stop.
Old 06-20-16, 06:50 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Thanks Bgw7…I just ordered the Beatsonic harness and avh4200nex and Sirius receiver so here I go!
When you had the movie on nav screen and radio main screen on radio how does that work with audio preference …you can't have audio from radio and movie at the same time?
Old 06-20-16, 07:18 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

You are correct, when the movie is playing on the GPS screen you can view the main screen of the Pioneer but you are still listening to the movie. The radio would need to be designed differently to handle separate operations.
My Denon home system can do two functions but it has two amps and a person can watch a movie in the living room and play music outside by the pool at the same time.
Old 06-20-16, 07:43 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

I'm thinking of running a wire from antenna remote on Pioneer harness to console and back to Beatsonic antenna So I could add a toggle switch if the antenna up starts to bug me
The windshield antenna is just left off and taped to the harness?

Last edited by NEWONE1; 06-20-16 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-22-16, 04:08 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Bgw70...The video connection cable from Beatsonic to the nav screen has a female RCA connector, the video output from the Pioneer also has a female connector.....I need a male to male RCA cable to make this work?
Just want to make sure, Ive never seen a connection made this way
Old 06-23-16, 05:12 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, that is correct.
Think of it like this, if you have a DVD player and your TV, what kind of cable goes between the two, a male to male RCA.
Old 06-24-16, 05:10 PM
NEWONE1
Pit Crew

Thanks Bgw70! Just installed and it's great.didn't know that the nav screen is for DVD's only....I tried to see if it would play netfiix from my iphone and it only worked on the Pioneer radio screen...I thought I hooked it up wrong so I called Beatsonic and they said it mirrors on the DVD...would have loved to be able to watch both screens from my Iphone capabilities, oh well something else for someone to make it work......thanks again
Old 06-24-16, 05:48 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by NEWONE1
Thanks Bgw70! Just installed and it's great.didn't know that the nav screen is for DVD's only....I tried to see if it would play netfiix from my iphone and it only worked on the Pioneer radio screen...I thought I hooked it up wrong so I called Beatsonic and they said it mirrors on the DVD...would have loved to be able to watch both screens from my Iphone capabilities, oh well something else for someone to make it work......thanks again
So want want it to work something like this then.
Old 06-24-16, 06:12 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I have the same capabilty for Wifi Screen Mirroring. If your new headunits don't come with screen mirroring, you can add a Boss Audio Wifi Screen Mirror like I did. Also, NAVIKS is making a wifi mirror unit, being sold on Ebay. I highly recommend NAVIKS. I am using their video interface on my SC430 as a stand alone unit for rear view camera, media player to the OEM screen, and Wifi Screen Mirroring from my Android (but via the Boss Audio Unit). I don't get paid or anything, but I do recommend their products. In the near 4 years I'm using their electronics, haven't had a single problem and I get great results.

Additionally, for anyone who decides to add wifi screen mirroring without upgrading to a new headunit, you will need a NAVIKS or NAVTool interface device.

My builds...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...on-naviks.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ing-build.html

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-24-16 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Radio upgrade for 2016?