SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 09:40 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed

They are not going to fix this one. Airbag and the impact rocked my ****ing world badly!!!
Attached Thumbnails My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-car.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-image1-1-.jpg  
Old 02-16-16, 09:43 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

seat belt and airbag did its job I suppose - now the fun begins as I find out Im not insured as well as I thought, and the other driver who is completely at fault is with a company that is known to screw people over on their payouts - Fred Loya Insurance.. You have no idea how ****ing depressing this is, its killing me!

I had my top down at the time, close to 3ft more and the bricks of hell would have rained upon me
Attached Thumbnails My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-before-damage.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-image1-3-.jpg  
Old 02-16-16, 09:48 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

It hurts to look at pictures like these. Happy you were not hurt.
Old 02-16-16, 10:01 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

I was hurt but not serious thankfully.. Got out of the hospital in the middle of the night.. I have a 17 year old Accord with only 48k miles Im going to be driving for quite a while now.. ****ing ridiculous, this dumb kid said I was speeding right when I managed to get out of my car, and then after cops talked to him, his tune changed since he knew for sure he was at fault, and he apologized and said he did not see me. He saw the red light behind me and turned. I asked him how he thought I was speeding when he did not even see me.. He sat there and looked at me dumbfounded.. too many ****ing stupid people in LA..

99 Camry of his totaled as well, but surprisingly his Camry held up very good. He spun around in 2 complete circles.
Old 02-16-16, 10:03 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

I have to tow it home from the storage yard today.. Anybody want any goodies before the car goes bye-bye? I guess I should wait for insurance to let me know whats up first..

I have to take the Weapon R intake off, and sawzall the exhaust off as well into multiple sections to fit on my balcony. not easy, I am very very sore...

Last edited by SC430fun; 02-16-16 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-16-16, 10:04 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Los Angeles

Capital of the morons and horrendously insured people and non insureds

Glad you are ok! Just drive the lambo in your driveway
Old 02-16-16, 10:21 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Los Angeles

Capital of the morons and horrendously insured people and non insureds

Glad you are ok! Just drive the lambo in your driveway
Wish I could.. its my bro's house actually.. I have an old 99 Accord but with only 48k miles.. not very glamorous, but will fill the bill for now. I am going to take my time, and find another one that is not salvaged. Thankfully the shop that "rebuilt" my car before it getting sold to me, did a good job on the important stuff.

I am really liking the 06 and up models with the newer front end, headlights and tail lights. Also the newer NAV is nice, and I really like the 6 speed which is actually a little faster than the 5 speed. If I can find an 04 or 05 that is not rebuilt, and in great shape Ill consider it though, in the future after all this crap is worked out.

Ill get more pics after I pick up my car.. I know the steel bumper is bent like a U now, and the core support is bowed in and radiator and fans destroyed. Engine and intake is untouched.. It could be fixed, and if the rest of the frame is not touched I might do it since I planned to keep the car and trick it out. I dont care about the value getting affected, and it was already rebuilt to begin with. Despite it being a rebuilt title it was meticulously cared for by previous owner, who happened to be an author and worked at the LA Zoo, as I found his badge wedged in these seats that seem to eat whatever falls outta your pockets!

I am pretty sure I am going after the insurance company of the other driver since they are know to insure high risk drivers, including illegals. They need to pay me to get another ****ing car, and to cover my 2 days of missed work, and my deductible at the very least for the hospital including some form of pain and suffering.
Old 02-16-16, 10:22 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Accords are great cars

Good luck with the SC hunt

I have an LS with he 4.3 motor and 6 speed trans
And it's fantastic
Old 02-16-16, 10:31 AM
tennman117
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

You are fortunate you had any collision coverage at all.
Many insurance company's will not write collision on a rebuilt vehicle.

I am afraid you will have your work cut out for you trying to negotiate with the at fault drivers insurance.

Best of luck and glad you were able to walk away from the crash.
Old 02-16-16, 12:37 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 559 Likes on 303 Posts

Iv dealt with a few accidents before. First thing, don't post any details online. You might want to get a lawyer and pursue this for injuries etc etc. I'm glad you are okay.
Old 02-16-16, 12:42 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Badhobz
Iv dealt with a few accidents before. First thing, don't post any details online. You might want to get a lawyer and pursue this for injuries etc etc. I'm glad you are okay.
Do you think the details I posted are possibly too much as it is?

Also, this Accord was one of the many that had defective transmissions that Honda would not honor, just like their Odyssey vans, but they got sued over their vans so they had to honor replacements for certain years.

48k on my Accord, and had to drop $3k on a trans recently - ****ing ridiculous.. I know they are good cars, but it will be a LONG time before I ever buy another Honda, based off the way they brushed me off like it was my fault, even when I presented the evidence to them that I know this is a widely known defect in many Hondas and Acuras, although more common with V6 cars.
Old 02-16-16, 01:37 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Yours is a 4cyl accord that needed a new trans at 48k?
Old 02-16-16, 01:52 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Yours is a 4cyl accord that needed a new trans at 48k?
yup, the 98-2003 model years of the Accord and related Acuras, and many of their vans - certain ones had defective transmissions, especially v6 models. I got unlucky and had one of the bad ones. We got the car brand new and it never shifted right to begin with, but it started slipping at 35k miles by early 2014, and got very scary by 44k miles in summer of 2015. Honda was not helpful, and I am hesitant to buy another one ever again, and go with a Lexus if I want a Japanese car. I had to drive the Accord in 2nd gear and carefully row through the gears on the way to and from work. This is what prompted me to finally look into getting an SC430 which I wanted for years. I looked at several BMW's, Mercedes SL's, Audis, 350 and 370Z's and many others and decided that while the SC430 was not quite as fast and did not handle quite as sharp, it would be the most solid and most reliable. I managed to put 10k wonderful miles on my SC, and even though it was rebuilt and had a few oddities that I needed to work out, it never gave me a problem. I really think I could have fixed the oddities, painted it blue like I wanted, and fixed up the handling and performance to easily match the M3 and 335i I test drove, and I would have had this car for years. That is why I did not care that it was rebuilt title. Obviously, the car held up great - its like a little brick the way they designed it, but they are pretty expensive to fix since cosmetically they can get screwed up easily. So many SC's for sale that are salvage/rebuilt, and I am not sure why...
Old 02-17-16, 05:37 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430fun
So many SC's for sale that are salvage/rebuilt, and I am not sure why...
I've noticed that most of the parts I find online from scrapped SCs come from CA. Either terrible drivers as you said, or just an abundantly more popular car there.

At least you walked away with your life. Something to be thankful for.

If I had the money right now, I'd probably buy quite a bit of the electronics off ya, but budget is tight at the moment.

You didn't happen to have the integrated telephone in the car, did you? I've been trying to find a reasonably priced harness for a while now.
Old 02-17-16, 10:00 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Retroplay
I've noticed that most of the parts I find online from scrapped SCs come from CA. Either terrible drivers as you said, or just an abundantly more popular car there.

At least you walked away with your life. Something to be thankful for.

If I had the money right now, I'd probably buy quite a bit of the electronics off ya, but budget is tight at the moment.

You didn't happen to have the integrated telephone in the car, did you? I've been trying to find a reasonably priced harness for a while now.
I went to the storage lot to check my SC tonight, and its much worse than I thought.. I cant even get into the hood - I will need to use a crowbar and maybe cut the latch to get it open to get my intake.. This guy literally turned into me, so this was a head on collision by us hitting each other, versus him turning in front of me and me hitting him. I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow and I will see what can be done.. I am already looking at other SC's - Mine is repairable but I dont know if I have the stomach to go through this. Also I have a VERY good job now, and decent credit and can get something better and use the settlement as a down payment.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...443980099.html

This one is absolutely beautiful and is a special edition, with clean title, no accidents, and definitely better than what I had! If I could get my intake and exhaust off my car and onto a replacement car like this, I would turn my back on my old car and never look back! I think $19k is way too much, and would maybe try $14-$15k, unless that is also too much..

I got all your PM's and will consider pulling parts off my SC, for you guys. I just need to sort out the nonsense with the insurance first, and speak with my lawyer. Its racking up $80 a day in storage fees. By the time I got there tonight, it was dark and pouring out and very hard to see. I was hoping to look under the car and get better pics, but Ill have to leave work a little early tomorrow to try and do that if the weather is better. At this point, I am wanting just the intake and full exhaust for myself, if I can manage to get them off, and possibly the Levinson amp and speakers which are in perfect condition.

What do you guys think of the SC in the link above?

Quick Reply: My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed