looks like a one owner car.
and the history of the owner.

The owner...
HORATIO NELSON
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/stories/in-...students-staff
http://funeralhomeweb.net/mobile.asp...5#.VuK08N0o7IU

where the car lived...
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0068...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Thank you very much!!! I had a gut feeling about this car.. there was just something about it and I was willing to pay a little more if I had to, and in the end, it will only be about $500 more than that gray 07 I had my eyes on - after talking them down at least.

Its possible that this was meant to be, that I bought the car and not some random schmuck. I will move forward on the car asap. I am looking at it Sunday, but I have a feeling I will not need long with it

I hope nothing bad happens with my loan at the credit union! I am pre-approved, but still, at this point, its the only thing that can go wrong!!
Old 03-11-16, 07:01 PM
Helogadget
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just looking over the Lexus service history. Did you guys see how long and how many trips to that dealership it took to fix that left speaker issue? They kept saying they couldn't reproduce the problem. Then they changed the amp. Then they changed the left speaker. Then OOPS, they found a loose wire behind the radio. Doh! Lol
Does look to be well maintained though. Good luck and hope it all goes smooth for you
Old 03-11-16, 08:03 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430fun
yup, the 98-2003 model years of the Accord and related Acuras, and many of their vans - certain ones had defective transmissions, especially v6 models. I got unlucky and had one of the bad ones. We got the car brand new and it never shifted right to begin with, but it started slipping at 35k miles by early 2014, and got very scary by 44k miles in summer of 2015. Honda was not helpful, and I am hesitant to buy another one ever again, and go with a Lexus if I want a Japanese car. I had to drive the Accord in 2nd gear and carefully row through the gears on the way to and from work. This is what prompted me to finally look into getting an SC430 which I wanted for years. I looked at several BMW's, Mercedes SL's, Audis, 350 and 370Z's and many others and decided that while the SC430 was not quite as fast and did not handle quite as sharp, it would be the most solid and most reliable. I managed to put 10k wonderful miles on my SC, and even though it was rebuilt and had a few oddities that I needed to work out, it never gave me a problem. I really think I could have fixed the oddities, painted it blue like I wanted, and fixed up the handling and performance to easily match the M3 and 335i I test drove, and I would have had this car for years. That is why I did not care that it was rebuilt title. Obviously, the car held up great - its like a little brick the way they designed it, but they are pretty expensive to fix since cosmetically they can get screwed up easily. So many SC's for sale that are salvage/rebuilt, and I am not sure why...
I went through transmission replacements on two different Accord coupes in those years, so I can vouch for that. Never again. Honda served up bad transmissions, and I wasn't the only customer either. It also happened on a 2003 Acura CL Type S with terrible leather/vinyl combo on seats that cracked after one year. There were other problems as well, but I've said enough. Junk, pure junk...
Old 03-11-16, 08:28 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
here is the service history!
looks like a one owner car.
and the history of the owner.

The owner...
HORATIO NELSON
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/stories/in-...students-staff
http://funeralhomeweb.net/mobile.asp...5#.VuK08N0o7IU

where the car lived...
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0068...8i6656!6m1!1e1
WOW!! Timing belt, water pump and all related components done in 2013 at 59k miles!!

This car doesnt need anything other than TLC and to enjoy it.. This car can be driven anywhere!!
Old 03-14-16, 02:08 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

WOW!! Timing belt, water pump and all related components done in 2013 at 59k miles!!

This car doesnt need anything other than TLC and to enjoy it.. This car can be driven anywhere!!
At this point.. its all in the credit union's hands.. Im going for it if I can seal the deal!!
Attached Thumbnails My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_121930.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_123222.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_121848.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_121920.jpg  
Old 03-14-16, 02:18 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Needs a good scrubbing in the interior with leather cleaner and conditioner to clean it up.. The exterior is consistent with an elderly driver but paint is in good condition otherwise and very shiny.. I will polish it up and wax it asap by next weekend if I can seal the deal..

few scratches, dings, chips, and that big scuff near pass front wheel need to be addressed in the near future with the help of a body shop, but for now it still looks great. The car needs nothing mechanical and the suspension is nice and tight - tighter than my silver sc.. The control arms and bushings are all new on this new one! I did not need to drive it long to see I want the car.

With a REALLY good detailing like I gave to my silver one, the interior will be flawless.. a few wood pieces have light scuffs so I will swap them out of my silver SC to make the interior wood scuff free.. The leather and carpet are cream colored and shows dirt easily. The carpet near the pedals is filthy and Ill try to make it perfect but I know I have to be careful because of the wool carpet.. I may consider pulling the black carpet out of my SC and using that? I am almost considering using my peanut butter colored leather interior in this one.. I will work on making the interior perfect either way, but it will take an entire weekend to detail it to get it how I want with the carpet completely clean unless I pay someone to do it..

Headlights are completely clear, and a simple polishing and wax will get the bits of road grime right off the surface!!

Does the front bumper cover need to be pulled in order to change out the bulbs? I wanted to get bulbs with a different color temp from HID warehouse, along with matching fog lights, and license plate lights. I may take these smoked color wheel inserts out and use the chrome inserts from my SC since mine are in great shape, and it will make these wheels entirely chrome as well
Attached Thumbnails My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_122008.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_121832.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_123036.jpg   My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed-20160313_122309.jpg  

Last edited by SC430fun; 03-14-16 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-14-16, 10:45 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

The CU is going with it so far. I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I REALLY like these wheels.. If I really end up with this blue SC by this Thursday, then I see these wheels in my near future after I wear out these run-flat tires.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-19-Whe...VWxLQP&vxp=mtr

It would look GREAT with the blue color - even better than it would look on my silver SC I think! Great price with free shipping.. maybe if they were chromed, it would look even better?
Old 03-15-16, 02:08 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Here we go again.. this site is ****ing up again.. only does it late at night..

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...491676668.html

Here is some 2006 parts for y'all,. Im not going to type up the same post again..

Similar to my car, where its smacked on the front end...
Old 03-15-16, 04:48 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At this point.. its all in the credit union's hands.. Im going for it if I can seal the deal!!
it really looks beautiful! Good luck bro
Old 03-15-16, 07:25 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Those wheels look siiiiiiiick! Gonna be awesome on that blue!

Also, your CL ad has been removed. :-(

Last edited by ShawnOk; 03-15-16 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-16-16, 08:20 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Those wheels look siiiiiiiick! Gonna be awesome on that blue!

Also, your CL ad has been removed. :-(
That sucks.. I ran into that ad when browsing CL.. I have the insurance looking at my car next week..
Ill be pulling the exhaust, intake, and other performance parts off my silver SC this weekend.. The rest of the stuff, I am just waiting for the other adjuster. I have been in and out of town with work, so we were playing phone tag. Im trying to get them to come this weekend, or next week.. Once they do that and deem it totaled, then I should be ok yanking parts off the car..

Tomorrow the owner of the blue SC flies in and we do business. I want to say that its as good as mine, but I don't want to jinx it.. I'm going to the CU tomorrow with him, and once they transfer it over, then we both drive to his house and I pick it up!
Old 03-16-16, 08:37 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Hope everything works out for you and you get a good deal. I sent you a PM asking about a few parts if things do work out and you're starting a part out. Not sure if you got it, but let me know.
Old 03-17-16, 06:11 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on the new acquisition!!! Keep us posted
Old 03-17-16, 08:31 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by The Ikon
Originally Posted by The Ikon
Confirmed.. Its in my possession now!!!

It needs a little bit of TLC.. Paint looks good, but dinged up here and there from the previous owner. One of the rims is scratched. Front right fender scratched (and needs to be painted before surface rust gets out of control) and right side mirror housing scratched,. The cream leather and carpet interior really needs to be scrubbed but it will clean up nicely. The birdseye maple wood is identical to my silver SC.. I may swap the peanut butter leather, seats, door panels/trim and black carpet over from my old SC, but still thinking about it. I am going to work on the exterior of the blue one and do some touch ups, but Ill take it to a body shop and have it done right in the near future. It still looks good, with all original paint, and no accidents. The headlights are awesome and crystal clear unlike the silver SC which were fogged towards the top of the fixtures! A little polishing to get rid of road grime will be done on the blue car, but you can still see perfectly through them. With a very good detailing job, it will look just as good, if not better than my silver one. The chrome wheels really need polishing, and it has the smoked center pieces. Im going to swap the scratched wheel on the blue one with a perfect one from my silver SC, and then I was thinking of swapping the chrome centerpieces over to replace the smoked ones on the blue car. I have ideas brewing.

The car is nice and tight with the steering, and handles much better than the silver SC.It looks like it has original shocks (though Im not sure and have to check the history), but new control arms, ball joints, and bushings in the front. I can see why people hate the run-flats.. It goes between stiff and jittery, and back to plush on perfect pavement. The tire pressure sensors are new, and its rare to see anyone fix those, and have them perfect. It still is ZR rubber, and its less than 300 miles on them, so Im going to run them into the ground, and then Ill get those 19" spider rims on Ebay with Michelin Rubber probably next year, and Ill throw coil overs on at the same time to make it handle like a beast!

Everything mechanical on the car is perfect, I kid you not, and its easy to see that as well by looking at the history that was posted higher up this thread. This car can go literally anywhere. I made out like a bandit, and got a much better car than I would have gotten at any dealer. Did I mention, I love the blue color paint! Im going to contemplate about the interior swap a little bit since the silver SC will be here for a little while more.. But Im cutting the exhaust off the silver one this weekend, and taking
the Weapon R Intake off as well, and installing it on the blue SC. Ill probably use my beater Honda and fold down the rear seats to transport the exhaust system and x-pipe over to the shop, and then take the blue one over and Ill have them weld it on. I will make sure to have them crimp the pipes a bit like stock - driving the blue one makes me realize I lost a bit of low-end torque from my overzealous approach on my exhaust that was custom made. I did wash the car today and got some pics.. Ill have to get some posted that I took just a couple hours ago. I am not thrilled about having a car payment (the silver one was paid off), but I ended up with a mechanically perfect ride with 60k less miles, and in the color I always wanted to find this car in... It can be called a bright ending to a sad story and painful pics (to view) in the beginning of this thread.

I went to AAA today and got VERY good coverage on it now.. God forbid, if something else happens, there will be no question about it no matter who is at fault.. Its covered with comprehensive insurance with a $500 deductible now.

Also, I got a hold of the other drivers insurance company to have them send out an agent to look at my car. I started to tell them the kid was full of **** and I have the police report, and the lady cut me off and said "we already know our driver is at fault, and will have to take care of it." This kid went out of his way to call MY insurance on his own to lie and said I ran a light, and all other sorts of nonsense.. I told the agent this, and she said that she has the police report as well, and there is no question about it, she knows Im not at fault at all now. She also said that when she called the kid and reported this and (more or less) told him he is a liar, that the kid called her and the other agents every bad word under the sun and was very upset. I cant understand how this kid thinks he is in the right, or maybe he knows he is wrong and is just in denial?? His insurance company is not amused with him, and I told the lady over the phone that I am going to "teach this young lad a big lesson" and he will be getting a summons in the next month and she had a good chuckle. Once they got the report, their entire attitude changed towards me. I did tell them during the original statement I gave them last month, that I know about how they screw people (Fred Loya insurance) and I wont go away and Ill keep it going and going and Ill involve the insurance commissioner if they try screwing me like I read they do to others online.. look them up - bad reputation... I think they want to get me out of their hair at this point.

If this kid was upset from his insurance siding with me even after the police report, then he will be VERY upset when I take his a$$ to Superior Court for a slam-dunk lawsuit in small claims.. He will get a judgement against him, and his wages garnished if he does not pay up. I actually might not have been taking this route (it was an accident after all) if he was not trying to cause me more grief, but karma is a real *****!!

Last edited by SC430fun; 03-17-16 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-17-16, 08:42 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Also,

I did not forget about you guys! As soon as I figure out whats going on with my old SC Ill let you know. If I decide I am in the clear to part it out, Ill get what I need off it, and Ill try and take care of as many requests as I can

I may pull the engine and trans on it along with driveshaft, rear diff and axles possibly. They were all flawless, and it would be nice to have extra engine to play with, and maybe enlarge to 4.6 or 5.0 in the future? Im trying to make the best of this situation as I can..

Should be another week to week and a half - Ill keep y'all posted!!

Quick Reply: My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed