SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My 2006 SC430 was just destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-16, 10:14 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

SC430fun,

I think you will find out that once the other insurance company declares it a total loss they will pay you and THEY will take the car.

They will likely also ask you to sign a release of liability for personal injury before paying you a dime.

You're also entitled to loss of wages if you lost any work.

If you want to keep the car you may be able to buy it back from the insurance company for salvage value.

That's the way the insurance and the law works.
Old 03-18-16, 03:21 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430fun
Confirmed.. Its in my possession now!!!

It needs a little bit of TLC.. Paint looks good, but dinged up here and there from the previous owner. One of the rims is scratched. Front right fender scratched (and needs to be painted before surface rust gets out of control) and right side mirror housing scratched,. The cream leather and carpet interior really needs to be scrubbed but it will clean up nicely. The birdseye maple wood is identical to my silver SC.. I may swap the peanut butter leather, seats, door panels/trim and black carpet over from my old SC, but still thinking about it. I am going to work on the exterior of the blue one and do some touch ups, but Ill take it to a body shop and have it done right in the near future. It still looks good, with all original paint, and no accidents. The headlights are awesome and crystal clear unlike the silver SC which were fogged towards the top of the fixtures! A little polishing to get rid of road grime will be done on the blue car, but you can still see perfectly through them. With a very good detailing job, it will look just as good, if not better than my silver one. The chrome wheels really need polishing, and it has the smoked center pieces. Im going to swap the scratched wheel on the blue one with a perfect one from my silver SC, and then I was thinking of swapping the chrome centerpieces over to replace the smoked ones on the blue car. I have ideas brewing.

The car is nice and tight with the steering, and handles much better than the silver SC.It looks like it has original shocks (though Im not sure and have to check the history), but new control arms, ball joints, and bushings in the front. I can see why people hate the run-flats.. It goes between stiff and jittery, and back to plush on perfect pavement. The tire pressure sensors are new, and its rare to see anyone fix those, and have them perfect. It still is ZR rubber, and its less than 300 miles on them, so Im going to run them into the ground, and then Ill get those 19" spider rims on Ebay with Michelin Rubber probably next year, and Ill throw coil overs on at the same time to make it handle like a beast!

Everything mechanical on the car is perfect, I kid you not, and its easy to see that as well by looking at the history that was posted higher up this thread. This car can go literally anywhere. I made out like a bandit, and got a much better car than I would have gotten at any dealer. Did I mention, I love the blue color paint! Im going to contemplate about the interior swap a little bit since the silver SC will be here for a little while more...!
Your car reminds me of my fathers 2010, 37k mile car shortly before he had to relinquish the keys. The car was perfect mechanically, all maintenance performed etc. the body had a few dings, scrapes and scratches and when asked about them, he had no idea how they happened. BTW, my mom and dad are in their eighties and doing fine, but, they only ride now!

Anyway, a trip to a good body shop made his car perfect again...my point is that these things happen to the best of us!

You found a fantastic car and it should last you a very long time!

As for the Karma, it sounds like things turned around for you and this is almost over... just be careful and don't push back too much because we don't want that bad karma to come back on you again...just be humble and happy and go enjoy your new ride!
Old 03-18-16, 07:48 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats! Bring on the new wheels and some pics! Would also like to see this custom exhaust and maybe a sound clip? I'm in the market!
Old 03-18-16, 11:18 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Congrats! Bring on the new wheels and some pics! Would also like to see this custom exhaust and maybe a sound clip? I'm in the market!
This is a clip of this exhaust on my silver SC before it got smacked.. I am moving this exhaust over to the blue one. So far, its the loudest SC I have heard.

Video got kind of messed up and distorted. I have to find a better one on my computer when I am actually revving it.. Its just idling in this video as you can hear. There is a Weapon R intake on there as well but you cant hear it at all with this exhaust. I have been told many times by people i know, (and random people as well) that they have never heard a Lexus sound like this before, with some assuming there was a lot of work into the engine.

I am pulling the exhaust off the silver car this weekend. I am going to crimp the pipes before the mufflers (after the x-pipe) so it creates a bit more back pressure, because I lost some low-end grunt when I put this on (but higher end was noticeably stronger), and its even more evident now when driving the new one.. When I take it to the exhaust shop to get it mounted, I am going to have them cut a couple inches off the Weapon R intake pipe which will allow me to use the ram air tubing, and then getting a power programmer (Sprint or Blitz) to get rid of this dead gas pedal and stupid delay - should add a LOT of ooomph to it. I am going to adjust my trans myself and firm up the shifts.

This new SC handles much better even with these noisy run flats. Everything works on the car perfectly... I took it out for a trip tonight after work and really gave it a good exercise - probably the most its ever had in its life. Headlights are awesome and clear, but I am going to clean them up more and I'm getting some replacement bulbs (also for fog lights) that have a more purple hue to them, and Ill do that this summer along with the door sill lights, interior bulbs, seat belt lights, and license plate bulbs to match.. all easy stuff to do but makes a dramatic impact..

I plan to get those rims I have posted above, with some nice Michelin (or equivalent) rubber, adjustable coil over kit of some kind, and aftermarket bushings and Ill start buying those things slowly in the next 5-6 months. Right now its simple things, including the Lexus puddle lights and I may add turn signals to the side mirrors.

It does probably need o2 sensors, I can smell a rotten-egg smell come and go only when I get on it hard. My old SC does the same thing. Overall, I am not going to go too crazy on the car though - just will enjoy the various projects on it, and driving it around.
Old 03-18-16, 11:21 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Your car reminds me of my fathers 2010, 37k mile car shortly before he had to relinquish the keys. The car was perfect mechanically, all maintenance performed etc. the body had a few dings, scrapes and scratches and when asked about them, he had no idea how they happened. BTW, my mom and dad are in their eighties and doing fine, but, they only ride now!

Anyway, a trip to a good body shop made his car perfect again...my point is that these things happen to the best of us!

You found a fantastic car and it should last you a very long time!

As for the Karma, it sounds like things turned around for you and this is almost over... just be careful and don't push back too much because we don't want that bad karma to come back on you again...just be humble and happy and go enjoy your new ride!

Its a good point about the karma.. I'm not going to dwell on it, just recover (or attempt to) what I need and then Ill put it behind me. I was beyond heartbroken when I first created this thread and very depressed... Now I have a BIG fat smile on my face after getting back home tonight, after the "brisk" 120 mile ride I took in it

I am not thrilled about a car payment, but it can still be chalked up to a happy ending that is in the works!
Old 03-18-16, 11:27 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Have you guys seen the "blue" exhaust tips on the Megan exhaust kit? What is the name for those tips?

I am thinking of trying to find some of those to put on when I move the exhaust over this weekend - it would look great with the blue paint!
Old 03-21-16, 04:12 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

first of all, its a good thing your still able to write this thread, and second of all, who the hell is fred lloyd!
You better lawyer up on this.
Old 03-21-16, 07:08 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lextout
first of all, its a good thing your still able to write this thread, and second of all, who the hell is fred lloyd!
You better lawyer up on this.

Its Fred Loya insurance for the other driver and they are siding with me on this one.. Look em up.. terrible reputation..lol.. The kid is really pissed, but the LAPD report is one-sided and in MY favor completely like it should be. It even says that I saw him but he did not see me, which looks VERY bad for the kid.

I pulled my exhaust off the silver, and moved the weapon R over to the new SC last night! I could not make it to the exhaust shop, so Ill have to do it next weekend.. When cutting the exhaust off, we had to cut the hood latch so I can get the hood open... More damage than I thought!! Car is fixable, and frame is straight (except chewed a little on the front where it meets the bumper) but my guess is 10-12k minimum damage. I am waiting to see what they give me, and then I tell them I want to keep the car. Maybe they will do me right because the kid cussed them out, and they are not happy with the kid. His insurance changed their tune towards me completely now which is very good, and already told me flat out they accept the responsibility. Ill avoid a lawyer if they decide to do me right, and I told them that. I also told them that I will never go away, and I DO work for the president of state and local BAR association so I will be a major pain in their *** (and it wont cost me) which is very true. I honestly think they just want me out of their hair, and ASAP!

Its all coming together now!!

I got lots of damage pics, and much much more Im going to post later tonight. Its sad to see my silver SC meet this fate, but this blue one is like a new car - I removed the engine cover last night to get the intake on, and I could have eaten my dinner off the engine! It feels so tight and new compared to all the other SC's I have driven, no question.
Old 04-22-18, 08:26 AM
Roho
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its Fred Loya insurance for the other driver and they are siding with me on this one.. Look em up.. terrible reputation..lol.. The kid is really pissed, but the LAPD report is one-sided and in MY favor completely like it should be. It even says that I saw him but he did not see me, which looks VERY bad for the kid.

I pulled my exhaust off the silver, and moved the weapon R over to the new SC last night! I could not make it to the exhaust shop, so Ill have to do it next weekend.. When cutting the exhaust off, we had to cut the hood latch so I can get the hood open... More damage than I thought!! Car is fixable, and frame is straight (except chewed a little on the front where it meets the bumper) but my guess is 10-12k minimum damage. I am waiting to see what they give me, and then I tell them I want to keep the car. Maybe they will do me right because the kid cussed them out, and they are not happy with the kid. His insurance changed their tune towards me completely now which is very good, and already told me flat out they accept the responsibility. Ill avoid a lawyer if they decide to do me right, and I told them that. I also told them that I will never go away, and I DO work for the president of state and local BAR association so I will be a major pain in their *** (and it wont cost me) which is very true. I honestly think they just want me out of their hair, and ASAP!

Its all coming together now!!

I got lots of damage pics, and much much more Im going to post later tonight. Its sad to see my silver SC meet this fate, but this blue one is like a new car - I removed the engine cover last night to get the intake on, and I could have eaten my dinner off the engine! It feels so tight and new compared to all the other SC's I have driven, no question.
So what happened, where is the update, after reading all this, I need to read the follow up.
How are you doing?
How is the new to you car holding up?
How is the part out going? and lastly, how was the insurance part of it all?
Old 04-29-18, 07:50 AM
LEXZILLA
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

im so sorry for you accident and I'm glad your ok
if you are going to part out your car...
​​​​​​​i need a price on your tail lights
Old 05-08-18, 10:17 PM
SigmaBlue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "I feel your pain"

They are not going to fix this one. Airbag and the impact rocked my ****ing world badly!!!
I purchased my first SC 430 on December 14 and totalled it on December 23. It took three months to find my new baby.

Can't believe the insurance company totalled it.
I did receive $4,000 more than I paid for it from the insurance company.
My new baby is blue with less mileage.
Old 05-09-18, 03:25 PM
theazz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is now for sale. 2003 98000 miles. See pictures on St Louis craigslist.
theazz