SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 08:48 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Got to drive her toppless this morning. Went and drove around old town spring. Stopped and got apple fritters. It was a nice 72 degrees. A bit windy but still only needed a t-shirt. It felt good, it's just not the same when you have the top up. Made my day.
Old 01-25-16, 01:24 PM
TexLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio for my 05 PB sc430

This weekend I actually took the leap and installed the Vais Technology XMradio system and antenna into my stereo system. I installed the small antenna just behind the rear right passenger headrest. It works fantastic and was not that hard to do!

One pointer though - make sure you get your radio ID off of the system BEFORE you close everything up. I had to go back in and then close it all back up just to get that info.
Old 01-25-16, 03:19 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by sjones9686
This weekend I actually took the leap and installed the Vais Technology XMradio system and antenna into my stereo system. I installed the small antenna just behind the rear right passenger headrest. It works fantastic and was not that hard to do!

One pointer though - make sure you get your radio ID off of the system BEFORE you close everything up. I had to go back in and then close it all back up just to get that info.
Post of some pictures if you have a chance! Congrats!
BTW, on all of my XM radios, channel 000 show the radio ID, try it out.
Old 01-26-16, 09:39 PM
oldbluetoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New to me 2005 SC430:
1. Covered the rear seat/shelf area with Naugahyde and a stiff "floor" on the seat. Also covered the console. All to protect the leather, plastic trim, and wood from our latest rescue pooch. Temporary and removable.
2. Adjusted the triple stream windshield washers to hit the middle of the windshield. Checked headlight washer function.
3. Cleaned the antenna.
4. Paint touch up on the front fender and hood.
5. Installed new trunk struts manufactured by LiftSupportsDepot. Trunk works great now.
Old 01-27-16, 05:31 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove mine topless with 47 degree out. It felt nice and sporty. Also ordered a custom tag for it "1LUCKY1". Time to start changing out parts on it. More to come.
Old 01-28-16, 11:57 AM
MrVancey
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started the car and backed it out of the garage....but no way I am going to be driving it in this kind of mess. 31" of snow last Saturday!
Old 01-28-16, 02:38 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by MrVancey
I started the car and backed it out of the garage....but no way I am going to be driving it in this kind of mess. 31" of snow last Saturday!
I remember those days of backing the cars out to run them , but no way going to drive them in the snow. I don't miss that about Michigan.
Old 02-01-16, 12:04 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Installed rear lower control arms and rear toe arms. Bringing it to an alignment rack this week to fine tune it.
Old 02-01-16, 09:18 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Installed my scangage e this weekend to monitor Intake Air Temperature (IAT) as I have an Injen intake. Wanted to monitor on how high the inatake temps are considering it is sucking air from the engine bay.
Old 02-01-16, 03:51 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Installed my scangage e this weekend to monitor Intake Air Temperature (IAT) as I have an Injen intake. Wanted to monitor on how high the inatake temps are considering it is sucking air from the engine bay.
This is where I think a drop in filter will be better then a full intake. On another note I never really liked filters you have to clean and oil after. there's something about that oil. I feel that's the stuff that gunks up throttle bodies.
Old 02-01-16, 03:56 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by lbintab
This is where I think a drop in filter will be better then a full intake. On another note I never really liked filters you have to clean and oil after. there's something about that oil. I feel that's the stuff that gunks up throttle bodies.
Oil filters are hard on maf sensor. This makes for the use of maf sensor cleaning. Keeping an accurate maf reading is important for mpg, by maintaining full power.

Edit: lol if I say m@@ one more time in a few sentences someone's going to smack me
Old 02-01-16, 04:06 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Just to be clear, you guys are saying a K&N air filter is bad for the MAF because the oil in the filter comes off of the filter and deposits itself on the MAF, thus coating the MAF with an oil film, which reduces the ability of the sensor to do its job.
Old 02-01-16, 04:13 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Just to be clear, you guys are saying a K&N air filter is bad for the MAF because the oil in the filter comes off of the filter and deposits itself on the MAF, thus coating the MAF with an oil film, which reduces the ability of the sensor to do its job.

I'm saying it creates a maintenance need of cleaning the maf sensor. Yes, a small amount of oil will get on it, and it can affect its accuracy.

I'm not saying an oiled filter is a bad choice.
Old 02-01-16, 05:30 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I suppose I should clean the MAF in my car because I installed a K&N after I purchased it. I am glad you pointed this out because I had never given the oil film on the MAF a second thought...
Thanks Cole!
Old 02-02-16, 12:25 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I suppose I should clean the MAF in my car because I installed a K&N after I purchased it. I am glad you pointed this out because I had never given the oil film on the MAF a second thought...
Thanks Cole!
I've learned through the years some mods aren't always worth the gains. I'm sure an intake will help the engine breath but sometimes the additional maintenance is a hassle for shiney points under the hood. Personally I just use a regular oem filter.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?