SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

blue w/ ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 08:08 PM
sc430z
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blue w/ ?

I love the looks of the car in blue, and thats the color I will get it in, I'm just stuck between the saddle(brown/orange) and the ecru (tan/white), what are your thoughts? and if anyone could post pics in these colors it would be much appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-12-03, 12:00 AM
Arvin
Rookie

I love the Indigo Ink too, but I end up get the millennium Silver with Ecru interior.

I think the Ecru interior looks very nice but it gets dirty very easily, and people have other problems with Ecru interior...

I am not sure how saddle interior will look with the Indigo Ink, how can you didn't consider black interior? don't like it?

I will choose Blue with black interior, but that's just me...
Attached Thumbnails blue w/ ?-02.jpg  

Last edited by Arvin; 04-12-03 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-12-03, 04:12 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome sc430z
I have the Indigo ink Pearl with Saddle interior. I love the color combo. It is a bit rare.
The saddle interior is mixed with the black rugs, no need to worry much about looking too dirty.
I will try to take a pic tomorrow. It is finally not suppose to rain.
Old 04-12-03, 07:01 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Ecru

I have had a black/ecru for two years, and although the light leather may require a little more cleaning than the darker leathers, it's worth it.

It's also not very hard to do. Maybe once a year I clean it with a very small amount of Dawn with warm water, which takes off the stuff that hits the back seat when you drive with the top down. Other than that, I apply Zaino leather conditioner 2 or 3 times a year, and everything is fine and smells good, too.

You will find that the back seats will probably show more dirt, depending on the amount of top down driving you do, than the front seats. But cleaning it is an easy 15 min job done once a year.

I was getting rid of a dark blue SC400I, and would have taken a blue/ecru if one had come in (April '01), but the black/ecru came in first. (Actually, a black/black came in even earlier, but I passed on that.) The ecru is a great look, and the maple wood always gets favorable reviews. For my taste, the "saddle" seems a little too much orange, and not enough brown.

Of course, that's just my opinion, you may have another.
Old 04-12-03, 07:54 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first looked through the SC430 brochure (never having seen the car in person), I made a list of what interiors I thought would "go with" exterior colors. In my opinion, the only interior that goes with blue is ecru. There are virtually no SC430s around my area and, because my dealer is 150 miles away, I don't get a chance to see other 430's other than in the pics posted here. I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion on many of the combinations I deemed worthy would change if I were to see other combinations in person.

But I sure like that blue/ecru combo.
Old 04-12-03, 08:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I have never seen any blue SC430's where I live, but remember seeing a blue/saddle picture somewhere(I didn't download it), IMO blue and saddle do clash a bit, and I have to agree with 1NICESC430, that blue/ecru is the better combination.

You can tell from my signature that ecru is my favourite. The saddle is nice too, but works better with black or dark green exterior IMO.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-13-03 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-12-03, 09:10 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id have to agree, I like the blue/ecru look. They contrast well with each other. Use your judgement and personal preferences but either combination looks good.

Also, the blue color is rarer and in cases can fetch you more for resale of the car, due to low volumes of that particular color.
Old 04-12-03, 09:12 AM
sc430z
Driver School Candidate

hey everyone, thank you so much for all the replys, i really appreciate it. If you guys could post pics of the blue with the different interiors it would be great. And if its not askin too much, If you could post some blue w/ aftermarket rims it would also be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-12-03, 12:02 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeez .. does anyone in this forum even have a blue SC? I don't know about the 2003 brochure, but the 2002 brochure does have a pic of a blue/ecru.
Old 04-12-03, 09:26 PM
argentx
Driver School Candidate

My SC is blue with ecru. It wasn't my first choice (I like black leather) but I made a deal for what was on the lot. I can tell already it's going to take more care than my triple black XK8 required, especially the seat belts. Got my Zaino in the mail this week, just waiting for a nice weekend.

Overall though I think the color is gorgeous. It makes the car feel more open than a black or saddle interior in my opinion. We'll have to see about the extra dirt to the back seat; it still isn't warm enough here to put the top down for any length of time.

It's my first Lexus (my first japanese car in a decade) and so far I'm really enjoying it!

Richard
Old 04-13-03, 06:30 AM
iamcdn
Driver School Candidate

I am another member with the blue/ecru combo. Sorry I do not have a digital camera, but here is a
link to some excellent pics of this model. http://www.motorcities.com/contents/01DHA423903847.html

Yes I agree these colors complement eachother. I especially like the lighter wood steering wheel with
the blue. The ecru seats do take a great deal more effort to keep clean. One must be wary of wearing
any damp dark clothing ie. jeans, navy suits and pants, since I and others have witnessed some
dye transfer. However another plus to the lighter ecru, is that the entire interior cabin stays much brighter.
My previous Lexus's had sunroofs and I thought I'd miss this, since I do drive the car during the winter.
Our Ontario winter this year was dark and miserable but I still enjoyed the 'lighter climate' within this
Sc430.
Old 04-13-03, 04:51 PM
Davidtttt
Rookie

I have a blue with saddle and I love it. Of course, every SC430 owner loves there particular color combination. To me the bleu/saddle is more sophisticated (I am sure some would say boring) and not as flashy as the blue/ecru. However, the blue/ecru will probably turn more heads with the top down. Then again, I have gotten more comments from women with this Lexus than I ever got in my C-5 Corvette.
Old 04-14-03, 05:05 PM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Ok. I was able to get a good picture of th outside of the car. I am still working on trying to get agood one of the inside. Once I get it I will post. Hope this helps a little.

I give up. Goto my gallery you will see the picture.

Sorry for all the edits. Not sure how to put picture here

Last edited by GLGTOY; 04-14-03 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-14-03, 05:56 PM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Ok.
Attached Thumbnails blue w/ ?-exterior1.jpg  
Old 04-16-03, 08:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default A series of Blue/Saddle pics

http://www.juice2000.com/showpics.php?catid=5