SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2002 SC 430 replacement Key

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-15, 03:59 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Mine cost $45 for the cut after I purchased my own key off ebay.
....A1 Locksmith, here in dallas, cut mine for $16.00......I ordered another flipkey,so I could get my extra key done also
Old 10-17-15, 07:12 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 103 Posts

Not sure if there is still a retailer on EBay that will sell you a key shell with the blade cut to work using a photo you supply. That's how I added two keys to my SC430. Think is was like $30 for both cut shells, shipped. I do see a few that will cut with the 5 digit key code.
Old 10-20-15, 11:08 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1010keys on ebay will cut using a photo of your key. I got two of the flip style for around $ 35 cut and shipped, more comfortable in the pocket and the quality seems ok.
Old 10-22-15, 07:51 AM
cgroom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info guys
Old 11-12-15, 02:36 PM
Mazor1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Please Help.... I Don't Want to Buy Wrong Key

I know this subject has been discussed at many times on this Forum, however I have searched and search and can't find the information I really need to buy the right key for my car. Can someone please help me?

My car: 2004 SC430

The dealer promised me a 2nd key with programmed remote (fob) but after 3+ weeks of calling these jerks I have finally just given up and will purchase a key w/fob and have the blade cut here locally and then try to program myself.

On e-bay I see two different but similar looking keys w/3 button fobs that both say will fit my car.
One says its fits: HYQ12BBK and the other says it fits: HYQ1512V

My current and only master key looks exactly like both of these keys but does not have any FCC or part numbers on it. Can someone please tell me if either or one of these keys is the correct one that I need so I don't have to go to the dealership and get raped for $225 for just the key, no cutting or programming which is extra. Thank so much
Old 11-12-15, 04:21 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Look up the FCC codes here

https://fccid.io

I know HYQ12BBT works on your car, I programmed that key to my car.

Last edited by Bgw70; 11-12-15 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-18-18, 03:51 PM
chlenz62
Driver School Candidate

Default Two different security light flashing sequences but still won't program new key

Originally Posted by Helogadget
Avihi, you will need to program the key to your car once you swap the guts. I have attached the procedure to program the transponder. If the transponder isn't programmed your car won't start. You will only need the procedure on the 2nd page (actually page 1) The first page is for programming the remote which you won't need to do. Note, sometimes it takes more than one try to get it to work.
I've followed the programming procedures 4 or 5 times. Each time the security light never stops blinking. However, during one programming attempt, the security light flashed differently. Instead of a a steady flashing of approximately one second, it flashed two times quickly followed by a third flash. It continue until I removed the new key and re-inserted the original key.

Any thoughts on why my new key won't program?
Old 11-18-18, 03:57 PM
chlenz62
Driver School Candidate

Default New key won't program

I have attempted to program a new key several times. During two attempts the red security light has flashed differently. It flashes twice quickly followed by a third flash. It repeats this over and over but never stops flashing. During the other attempts, the security light flashes a steady on and off at about a 1 second interval.

In both situations I have waited over 2 minutes and the security light never stops blinking.

Any thoughts from those that have had success? Do I need to erase all the keys first?! I have two working keys and am concerned if I erase them, I'll never get the car started again.
Old 11-18-18, 04:55 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chlenz62

I've followed the programming procedures 4 or 5 times. Each time the security light never stops blinking. However, during one programming attempt, the security light flashed differently. Instead of a a steady flashing of approximately one second, it flashed two times quickly followed by a third flash. It continue until I removed the new key and re-inserted the original key.

Any thoughts on why my new key won't program?
i would guess you have the key limit of four keys programmed...

what does TechStream tell you?

if you don’t have it, order it up for less than $25 from eBay or amazon and delete all of those old keys.
Old 11-19-18, 07:07 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Bgw70 is correct. You'll need to perform the reset function and add your keys back in to the system.

Toyota/Lexus Key Programming/Security light flash codes:
2-1: Wrong transponder chip ID
2-2: Transponder chip ID already registered
2-3: Maximum number of keys allowed reached
The following users liked this post:
DshngDaryl (11-19-18)
Old 11-21-18, 06:59 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Guys, we sell the replacement FOB shell. No key cutting, no programming necessary.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/T..._toyotafob.htm
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 11-27-18, 08:57 AM
chlenz62
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bgw70

i would guess you have the key limit of four keys programmed...

what does TechStream tell you?

if you don’t have it, order it up for less than $25 from eBay or amazon and delete all of those old keys.
I bought a TechStream cable/software for my Prius and it worked well when I used it several months ago. Unfortunately, it won't connect to my Lexus. I receive the infamous "cannot connect to VIM' error. I noodled around with this for a while and gave up. I now have two working keys and a brand new key that I had cut for the car but I can't program.
Old 11-27-18, 09:28 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I bought a TechStream cable/software for my Prius and it worked well when I used it several months ago. Unfortunately, it won't connect to my Lexus. I receive the infamous "cannot connect to VIM' error. I noodled around with this for a while and gave up. I now have two working keys and a brand new key that I had cut for the car but I can't program.
in TechStream, select XHorse.
it will work again.

if Horse is not listed, reload the XHorse driver

Last edited by Bgw70; 11-27-18 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-28-18, 01:54 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

did you fix the problem?
Old 12-04-18, 04:26 PM
chlenz62
Driver School Candidate

I selected XHorse again and toggled between XHorse and TIS TechStream. I tried them both a few times. Still no luck. And I don't see an option for downloading the XHorse driver. Not sure how to do this.

Quick Reply: 2002 SC 430 replacement Key