SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

new car, however , did not get a SC430 as expected

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 09:54 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Righty-O Ed !!

Is that the same bike you rode to Karate practice on ?
Old 04-10-03, 10:16 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, Larry melded Streetcar with Waterfront.
Do see Waterfront if you get a chance, and Streetcar as well if you haven't already. IMHO, the only good things Brando ever did.

We're off topic?
Okay, .. bet Brando can't get into an SC.
Old 04-10-03, 10:54 AM
digital_wu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am not that into cars that is why he got me the M3, otherwise it will be much higher end like the Bently as you have mentioned. but even Bently is not that expensive anyways, just a car. M3 is just a daily home to work car when I dont need to drive others around (have 7 series to take care of that). I mod it just to make it a bit more personal and have parts that less people have, that is all. More on the poser side more than anything I guess.

My dad is part business manand part mob head in taiwan if you want to know, none of which are 100% real hard earned money if you ask me. Having said that, I am not concerned whether it is my money or his, at the end it is all mine. Investment class taught us to put in as little money and get the most outa it, if i can put in none and get most outa it, I am fine with that. We only have limited years to live, and the world is not fair, so live well, be happy, and believe whatever you want, or you can.

Last edited by digital_wu; 04-10-03 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-10-03, 11:53 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

I think you're right Ed. It was called "Desire on the waterfrontwhile riding in a streetcar".

Sounds like we have a little gangsta' among us here.................

An M3 as a daily driver, a Bentley isn't that expensive and a 740 to haul the posse around. What's the SC for................in lieu of walking the dog ?
Old 04-10-03, 12:07 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow LOL

LOL
Old 04-10-03, 01:49 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn...good for you digital, but they say Americans are spoiled...geez,
Old 04-10-03, 03:31 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up shew

Its funny, but ur prob boasting about something that is true. Yakuzi huh. Keep it gangsta dogg. I will do the c-walk for ya later on tonight. And my grandpa worked his whole life for his millions....what school did you attend?
Old 04-10-03, 04:14 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Yakuza is Japanese.
Old 04-10-03, 06:05 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Gekko
Personally, I would always be so much more proud of a cheap "junker" that I bought with my own hard-earned blood/sweat/tears money vs. an expensive luxury vehicle that somebody else bought for me.
Why sound so bitter when your family isn't that wealthy as others? Will u do the same thing if your parents are loaded too? If you are jealous then go to those Civic and Integra forum.....maybe you'll feel better
Old 04-10-03, 06:26 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally posted by digital_wu

My dad is part business manand part mob head in taiwan if you want to know, none of which are 100% real hard earned money if you ask me.
haha i am asian too...so i know that stuff very well
congrats on the new car..enjoy and be careful
Old 04-10-03, 06:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Wink

Is the SC430 a better gangster car than a M3 ?
Old 04-10-03, 06:34 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by ltauamkau
Is the SC430 a better gangster car than a M3 ?
No.....In Taiwan you need a 50 cc. scooter to be a very dangerous gangsta
Old 04-10-03, 06:35 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally posted by kenjitsou
No.....In Taiwan you need a 50 cc. scooter to be a very dangerous gangsta
:rofl:
Old 04-10-03, 10:24 PM
digital_wu
Driver School Candidate

come on kenji, scooter is what we do gang bang when we are in 7th grade guy! haha

ryan, dont you have a dress up AC M3 too? ?

Sc is a better ganstar car for sure but I need this car for the normal business operation...not pimping or otherwise...plus, most of the mob like BMW and Benz, again, they worship the european stuff since caucasians do donimate the world . :P

i just graduated from university of waterloo, computer science, yes, canada, if you are into computer science and work in mircosoft , then you know us. (no more us, canada stuff...but since I dont belong to either side so fire away another which one is better if you all want..haha)

guys , I am not here to argue or boast or what not, I am just sharing my excitement of a car and disappointment that I did not get the lexus, I realize that everyone started their life from a different entry point, if you feel compulsive to judge me based on few simple lines then how do you think those hardcore money making lawyers are going to look at you when you only drive a SC? with GS430 engine(old design) and a sub , $100,000 car? come on now, I love lexus, more than BMW, I am Asian so I want to drive Asian car, so lets put it at that.

and larry, you are not being too funny but rather cynical, only water front? , how about we have houses that you can never afford? boat? mockery is accepted except you are not basing it on facts but your own imagination, a world that you can never imagine. Bow down to that fact that we are young, loaded with family fortune, super spoiled and with powerful connections to take you down anytime of the day.. dont find police (you can but my lawyers know them too so that is pointless), bring your posse and come to Taiwan and say what you say again in my face and see what's up. I am waiting for you overseas dog..

Last edited by digital_wu; 04-10-03 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-11-03, 02:08 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check it out guys. I would kill to be in his place you know. Have to put things in retro spec here. If your parents make $100,000 a year and buy you a Grand Am everything is fine. If your parents make $1,000,000 a year and buy you a 360 Modena whats the problem. To me nothing. If my kid is responsible and doing what I asked then there is nothing I wouldn't do or get for him. Base stuff on the individual and not the cost and age. To some a Bentley is just a car. I bought my own GS at 20 but I would really have liked for my parents to buy it for me. Oh well. I will be getting my SC430 soon anyway. Ease off the the guy for lucky. To me there is a distinct difference in being spoiled and fortunate. Good stuff Digital

Quick Reply: new car, however , did not get a SC430 as expected