SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Thoughts on Egyptian Sand Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-15, 01:53 PM
chreesto
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thoughts on Egyptian Sand Pearl

Greetings. I am not yet an SC430 owner but I desperately want to be. I'm going to look at an Egyptian Sand Pearl 2004 and wanted some opinions about the color. It wasn't my first choice but I'm really starting to warm up to it. is it difficult to keep clean? Does it look good in different light? What kind of rims look best on it? Does anyone have one with G-spiders?
More of an issue, it seems, would be the Ecru interior. How badly does that wear? I was hoping for a darker interior but I DO like this particular car.

Thanks for your input.
Old 10-06-15, 02:18 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

You will not be sorry if you end up getting an SC430.

Start here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ned-sc430.html

Great resource for mall information you may need.
Old 10-06-15, 02:25 PM
chreesto
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. I've read that page top to bottom and am blown away by its scope and thoroughness. Great resource. What I'm really looking for is some input from owners of ESP, things they like, things they don't like. For some reason ESP is one of the only colors that the pie-plates look good on to me.
Old 10-06-15, 04:26 PM
JDaveSC430
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chreesto
Thanks for the reply. I've read that page top to bottom and am blown away by its scope and thoroughness. Great resource. What I'm really looking for is some input from owners of ESP, things they like, things they don't like. For some reason ESP is one of the only colors that the pie-plates look good on to me.
I second the fact you'll love an SC430. I've owned my Millenium silver for 4 years now ( black interior ) and love it, and, the color. The ecru color does seem to be the one which shows more wear for some reason; and it also comes only with the 'yellowish' birdseye maple wood. With a saddle color, or black, the wood is a darker walnut which I think is more pleasing; although Lexus' woods are all beautiful
I think the gold or silver show the least dirt; I've owned cars of all colors and several have been gold or silver. For some reason, regular driving in rain, etc., leaves a cleaner look for longer period of time with the lighter outside colors than the darker colors.

White actually would seem the worst, but, I'd say it's third best at not showing dirt/rain spots etc.

The paint quality on the SCs are excellent in any color. Somewhere on the forum a member has previously posted approximately how many SCs were produced in each color per year; I want to say ( but am not toally sure ) that the Egyptian Gold is one of the lessor offered colors so it might be more rare if that matters.

The ecru color does require more cleaning and normal wrinkles or creases do seem to show up more on that color, especially the dirvers seat and console lid.

Others will chime in with their opinion; in the end, it's what color you like. There are no bad colors on any year's SC430!

Good luck and post your decisions/pictures!

Good luck; hope this helps.

Last edited by JDaveSC430; 10-06-15 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-06-15, 07:05 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...I actually like the Egyptian Sand color & keeping it clean will be alot easier than the darker colors. I don't see alot of Sc's in that color, so that will set it apart even more
Old 10-07-15, 11:57 AM
Bathman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Chreesto
Early last year I was looking for a super clean low milage SC when the very few available were in very poor condition. Along came a 2002 ESG /Saddle interior with only 40,000 miles at a dealer about 100 miles from me. Went and checked it out and loved everything about the car except the colour. The car looked fine on the website but in the flesh on a sunny day it looked like the gold had a pink hue. This may be due to the sunlight on the pearl but whatever the reason the colour was not as I envisioned so I took a pass. It was not a wasted trip anyway as it confirmed that the saddle was the interior colour I wanted. As the months went by I often regretted my decision thinking the chances of finding another low miler was slim until a 2002 black / saddle with 58,000 appeared and as the saying goes the rest is history. Obviously our choice of colour is a matter of personal taste but I think that if you already saw the car in the flesh and did not make the leap you may have a doubt in your mind. Black is an absolute pain to keep clean but it is a labour of love and I am still happy with my choice. Your ideal colour combination is out there if you are patient enough to wait for it to come along. Good luck and keep on rollin.
Old 10-07-15, 12:19 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Well you've seen some of the opinions so I'll offer mine. I owned one and when I bought it I loved everything except the color. I thought I would learn to love it, but in the end, the color was the reason I sold it. My lesson learned is to buy a color you love because every time you see it, you'll fall in love again. But you'll love the SC430. I intend to buy another soon.
Old 10-07-15, 02:09 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Poqman
My lesson learned is to buy a color you love because every time you see it, you'll fall in love again. But you'll love the SC430..
+1 Buy a color combination that you love. .

We had 2 SC430's for a while. One '07 Silver/Saddle and the other '08 Matador Red/Ecru.

Our 2007 Silver/Saddle was mint with only 18,000 mile on it. I loved the Saddle but for some reason I didn't like it with the Silver exterior. To me It sort of clashed so when it came time to trade a car in the Sliver/Saddle was the one we let go and still have our Red/Ecru. I love the Red/Ecru combination.

Ecru leather on the SC is very very easy to maintain. The only thing that gets dirty are the carpets and the seat-belts. Now we have black carpet mats so the carpet is no longer an issue.

Our most recent Lexus purchase was a 2015 RX450h with Satin Cashmere (Beige) w/Saddle interior. That combination rocks.
Old 10-07-15, 03:40 PM
chreesto
Driver School Candidate

Default Great Feedback

Wow. I really appreciate all of the feedback. It's helped me reach my decision, which is to pass on this particular SC430. It's well taken care of and quite affordable. I've warmed up considerably to the color but some of the responses here are quite compelling; if I don't LOVE it I should wait. It is really hard waiting for a great SC430 to pop up. More than the exterior color I am really partial to the saddle leather, the black is a close second. I hope to soon join you all in SC430 bliss. Having driven a couple now I just can't figure out how Top Gear ever called it the worst car ever. I love them.
Old 10-07-15, 03:56 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I too looked at a ESP when I was looking. My wife loved it and that was her color preference. I saw the Indigo Ink Pearl (dark blue) and saddle interior and I knew that I had found my favorite immediately. I had always said that I'd never own a dark color car since they show dirt too easily and quickly and here in Texas, they get really hot really quick. I had to make an exception in this case though. (I actually like almost all of the Lexus colors for the SC430, but the IIP is still my favorite. I still love looking at it and I've owned it for 9 years now.)

All that to say, don't try to talk yourself into a particular color. If you like it, go for it. If you have questions, keep looking.
Old 10-07-15, 04:20 PM
chreesto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
I too looked at a ESP when I was looking. My wife loved it and that was her color preference. I saw the Indigo Ink Pearl (dark blue) and saddle interior and I knew that I had found my favorite immediately. I had always said that I'd never own a dark color car since they show dirt too easily and quickly and here in Texas, they get really hot really quick. I had to make an exception in this case though. (I actually like almost all of the Lexus colors for the SC430, but the IIP is still my favorite. I still love looking at it and I've owned it for 9 years now.)

All that to say, don't try to talk yourself into a particular color. If you like it, go for it. If you have questions, keep looking.
Thanks for the advice. I too love the IIP with the saddle interior. I can't wait to finally come across the SC430 of my dreams and then drive it down HWY 1.
Old 10-07-15, 06:15 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chreesto
Thanks for the advice. I too love the IIP with the saddle interior. I can't wait to finally come across the SC430 of my dreams and then drive it down HWY 1.
Click HERE for a Search for your IIP w/Saddle color

Here are a few
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4822/overview/
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4047/overview/
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...3555/overview/
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1239/overview/
Old 10-08-15, 07:10 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I am not a fan of that specific color . However I have never seen it on sc430 in that color. I might like it!
Old 10-08-15, 01:21 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

I actually owned a EGyptain Pearl for 2 yrs and I love the color

The only reason I sold it was I wanted the Ignou Pearl Blue with lower
mileage

You can't go wrong with Gold . Easy to maintain but I was told
the color was not a popular color when it first came out though
Old 10-08-15, 01:31 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor