SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Life is Great

Old 08-26-15, 08:28 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Life is Great

The other day i was thinking how blessed I am owning a house without a mortgage and 2 excellent lien free Lexus Automobiles. I remember sitting on the porch about 50 years ago and seeing some old grey haired guy drive by in his silver 911. I thought how unfair life was wasting ability to afford such a nice car on the elderly.

Now I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager). I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance (pensions). I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license (so far) and my own car. I have ID that gets me into bars and the Party Store. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne.

Life is great.
Old 08-26-15, 09:30 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...love it !!
Old 08-27-15, 01:55 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 851 Likes on 684 Posts

So True FLYCT, if only you had this financial status and mentality in that young body from 50 yrs ago!

Funny how many of us can still think like we are 21! But then that darn mirror is reality! LoL

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-27-15 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-27-15, 05:59 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

RIGHT ON! So many people just think about what they don't have or what the want next.. Props to you for being happy with where you are. Clearly, you made some very good life decisions along the way.
Old 08-27-15, 07:38 AM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We are indeed fortunate. Just look at the rest of the world and be thankful you are an American. As an immigrant I thank my lucky stars every day.
Old 08-27-15, 07:46 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's important to appreciate what you have. I recently was in an accident with my precious sc430 (epic storm) and sometimes I get depressed that I have to go through all kinds of crap getting her back to 100%.

But I'm lucky.

The insurance company could have easily declared the accident my fault and I would have a car without a functioning engine. Instead I have a rebuilt engine, bumper, and some doable repairs..

Once I restore her fully I want to definitely meet some of you at the track! all I have left is a electrical connection on O2 sensor and headlight repair...
Old 08-27-15, 11:08 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBrett
But I'm lucky..
With all the Gremlins and other issues you have had since the accident, it is amazing that you have a good attitude. I'd be going postal.
Old 08-27-15, 12:11 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
With all the Gremlins and other issues you have had since the accident, it is amazing that you have a good attitude. I'd be going postal.
I have had my ups and downs...
Old 08-27-15, 02:17 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Hang in there...all will be well.
Old 08-27-15, 08:17 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
The other day i was thinking how blessed I am owning a house without a mortgage and 2 excellent lien free Lexus Automobiles. I remember sitting on the porch about 50 years ago and seeing some old grey haired guy drive by in his silver 911. I thought how unfair life was wasting ability to afford such a nice car on the elderly.

Now I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager). I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance (pensions). I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license (so far) and my own car. I have ID that gets me into bars and the Party Store. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne.

Life is great.
I am at a different stage in life and I still have to deal with two little ones. But regarding SC ownership, life is still great - the SC430 is the oldest vehicle we own and it can carry the least "stuff" in it. It has the lowest official HP rating ( MDX - 300 hp, MB CLS 402 hp but really the enthusiasts know MB lied about that - more like mid 400s ). I often get some pressure from the other half to sell the old SC. But then I bring up how the older kid likes being in the back with the top down and he does not want us to get rid of the SC and how the younger one will soon like cruising around with the top down. And so I deflect the suggestion to sell the SC and I get to keep enjoying it - a truly unique vehicle that even my kid wants to keep in the family.

That is why life is great with the SC. Not a family car but a car the family wants ...

And of course it feels great when you see another SC owner on the road and you exchange friendly waves or nice remarks - just exchanged compliments with a Millennium Silver SC with TRD wheels in the parking lot today - I guess she liked my TAP/Ecru with Nurburgring wheels too !

So yeah, life is great with the SC ...
Old 08-28-15, 08:46 AM
Lexeffect
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well played FLYCT. Well played indeed...
Old 08-28-15, 03:25 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT

Life is great.
you have made many club members so jealous, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-28-15, 05:53 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FLYCT-You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm in a similar situation where my vehicles are my 2010 SC 430, 2011 cadillac SRX to pull behind the diesel pusher, and my 2012 Odyssey. I have a home loan to help with taxes. While the wife and I are retired teachers, I still teach part time because it is my passion. Life cant get much better than this and I grew up in a home that was poor enough to go years without any car because we couldn't afford it. I could NOT of dreamed this up back in those days.
Old 08-30-15, 10:09 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...I too am thankful for everything & think life is great I'm definitely not rich, but alot better off than I was 10-15 yrs ago. I've learned to appreciate life & the things I have & not to dwell on the things I don't. I had a moment this past week on a trip to Louisiana with the top down, I smiled "out loud" & thought how lucky I am !!!
Old 08-30-15, 11:52 AM
acosta96
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you life is great I bought my sc430 this month at age 19 with no Co signer. I work full time, go to school full time and hustle shoes in the side in which means a busy life but it's still really good compare to what I see but a good life is just what you want to think is considered good. Your thoughts shape your reality

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Life is Great