SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Auto window and hard top questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-15, 07:31 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto window and hard top questions ****UPDATE- PROBLEM FIXED****

2 days ago my auto window down and top not working (top up and down), light on button for convert. Top not on when pressed. My question is does the auto window down would that make my top not operational? Because the same day my auto window down stop working, my top stop working the same day. Both of my window can still roll up/down when I hold the button up/down.

Last edited by Tdvlexo; 09-11-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Update post
Old 08-24-15, 08:13 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can try to reset the auto windows by:
1. Start the car with both windows up.
2. Push the buttons to roll both windows down all the way then roll both up all the way.
Now you windows should have auto up/down.
Old 08-25-15, 02:26 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bb430
You can try to reset the auto windows by:
1. Start the car with both windows up.
2. Push the buttons to roll both windows down all the way then roll both up all the way.
Now you windows should have auto up/down.
I just try that and didn't work
Old 08-25-15, 02:28 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

My top and auto up/down was working the day before it happened, check all fuses and they are still good. I've tried unhooking the battery to reset but no luck.
Old 08-25-15, 02:52 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdvlexo
, light on button for convert.
Are you saying that the red light on the button that controls the top is always on?
Old 08-25-15, 06:36 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Are you saying that the red light on the button that controls the top is always on?
No, there's no light lite up when I press on the button
Old 08-25-15, 08:39 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Not to overlook the obvious, did you check the top override button by the glove box? The trunk luggage cover is installed and the connection is good on the switch?
Old 08-26-15, 06:34 AM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to overlook the obvious, did you check the top override button by the glove box? The trunk luggage cover is installed and the connection is good on the switch?
That. Making sure the trunk cover is pulled.
Old 08-26-15, 07:40 AM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Yes, checked everything twice where it needs to be and the override button in the glove box also. Is there a fuse for the auto up/down? I think the auto up/down is somehow tied in with the convertible roof.
Old 08-26-15, 04:53 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

No, there's no light lite up when I press on the button
I think this is a very bad symptom. If it were simply an issue of the cover not being latched or something else simple, you'd get the flashing light.

Its probably not going to do any good, but you might want to try pulling the battery cable, then reconnecting it so the ECU gets a fresh boot.
Old 08-26-15, 05:08 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
I think this is a very bad symptom. If it were simply an issue of the cover not being latched or something else simple, you'd get the flashing light.

Its probably not going to do any good, but you might want to try pulling the battery cable, then reconnecting it so the ECU gets a fresh boot.
I also have try that too but no luck. Do you think the auto window up/down have something to do with the top? Or they both tied in with each other some how. Cause when putting the top up or down the auto window comes into play once the button is pressed. Or maybe it's thinking the top is not locked all the way?
Old 08-26-15, 09:22 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

If any issue with the top, the light should flash as Johnny said, since you get nothing maybe you get no power to it hence might be a fuse issue. I personally don't think the auto windows up/down tie into the operation of the top but it's worth a check. I assume your windows still operating but just no auto up/down right? so I would also assume the fuse for the windows are ok since I think the auto function of the window related to the switch themselves.
I cannot tell you which fuse to look for regarding the top, you can find that out from the manual. Sorry can't help you more and good luck. Please keep us posted as you find out the cause.
Old 08-26-15, 09:29 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

I also have try that too but no luck. Do you think the auto window up/down have something to do with the top? Or they both tied in with each other some how. Cause when putting the top up or down the auto window comes into play once the button is pressed. Or maybe it's thinking the top is not locked all the way?
... I'm not sure about this one either, but you do bring up an interesting point, about the windows automatically lowering/raising depending on the top function.
Old 08-27-15, 10:54 AM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

If any issue with the top, the light should flash as Johnny said, since you get nothing maybe you get no power to it hence might be a fuse issue. I personally don't think the auto windows up/down tie into the operation of the top but it's worth a check. I assume your windows still operating but just no auto up/down right? so I would also assume the fuse for the windows are ok since I think the auto function of the window related to the switch themselves.
I cannot tell you which fuse to look for regarding the top, you can find that out from the manual. Sorry can't help you more and good luck. Please keep us posted as you find out the cause.
Yes, the window still roll up/down. I'm trying to locate the relay for the window and top if there is one
Old 08-27-15, 11:05 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

It seems that if you put the windows down manually and then pressed the button for the top to open, then the windows would be out of the equation since they are already down.

Quick Reply: Auto window and hard top questions