SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Auto window and hard top questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 05:13 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harold57
A DIY would be awesome but short of that I was hoping that you got pictures of what was replaced and where it is located.
I am on vacation right but when I get home, I'll take some pictures and do an diy.
Old 09-13-15, 01:49 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Cool, thanks.
Old 09-13-15, 05:11 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hi,

Tdvlexo was your light solid red on the convertible switch?
Old 09-13-15, 05:15 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bimmer416
hi,

Tdvlexo was your light solid red on the convertible switch?
No it wasn't. It seems to have no power to the button and when my top didn't work my auto window up/down didn't work either.
Old 09-14-15, 08:37 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdvlexo
No it wasn't. It seems to have no power to the button and when my top didn't work my auto window up/down didn't work either.
Thanks for the reply! Im glad you got it working
Old 09-19-15, 07:22 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bimmer416
Thanks for the reply! Im glad you got it working
Thank you!!!!!
Old 09-21-15, 04:19 PM
pvong713
Driver

Yes, checked everything twice where it needs to be and the override button in the glove box also. Is there a fuse for the auto up/down? I think the auto up/down is somehow tied in with the convertible roof.
I had that issue a long time ago and i still haven't resolved it. My roof light won't turn on won't blink NO RED LIGHT AT ALL. Double check and tripled checked the fuse the button on the inside of the glove and the trunk cover mat. For now just riding around with the roof up till I get a chance to take it to the dealer.
Old 09-21-15, 04:25 PM
pvong713
Driver

Thank you!!!!!
Ok I just reread your statement. So you did get it fix. My issue is the light will not turn on period but my windows do work. Could it still be a bad ECU and where did you replace the ecu in the back trunk. My back trunk is torn apart so I can easily replace it if needed.
Old 09-21-15, 08:35 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pvong713
Ok I just reread your statement. So you did get it fix. My issue is the light will not turn on period but my windows do work. Could it still be a bad ECU and where did you replace the ecu in the back trunk. My back trunk is torn apart so I can easily replace it if needed.
Does your auto window up/down work? Mine auto up/down doesn't work but my window still roll up and down but I have to keep on pressing it if I want to roll my window all the way up or down. If your auto window does not work then it's might be your top ecu, like mine. Does it seems like when you press the button for your top, there's no power to it? I bought my top ecu on eBay,with overnight shipping., it only cost me a total of 150.00 to fix mine versus a couple of grand at the dealer.
Which part of Texas do you live? I live in DFW area.
Old 09-22-15, 12:54 AM
pvong713
Driver

Does your auto window up/down work? Mine auto up/down doesn't work but my window still roll up and down but I have to keep on pressing it if I want to roll my window all the way up or down. If your auto window does not work then it's might be your top ecu, like mine. Does it seems like when you press the button for your top, there's no power to it? I bought my top ecu on eBay,with overnight shipping., it only cost me a total of 150.00 to fix mine versus a couple of grand at the dealer.
Which part of Texas do you live? I live in DFW area.
I didn't even know our car had auto window. How do u use the auto window function is it like a button u press? I live in Houston.

Thanks for the reply! =)
Old 09-22-15, 01:14 AM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

I didn't even know our car had auto window. How do u use the auto window function is it like a button u press? I live in Houston.

Thanks for the reply! =)
Just press the window button all the way down and let go, it should move down all the way without your finger pressing on it. And if it doesn't than your issue is like mine. When press the button to take the top down, do you hear any kind of noise or movement?
Old 09-22-15, 07:51 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Just press the window button all the way down and let go, it should move down all the way without your finger pressing on it. And if it doesn't than your issue is like mine. When press the button to take the top down, do you hear any kind of noise or movement?

If you had taken your pos battery post off you have to re-learn your auto windows up and down.
You have to run the windows up manual and hold for a second after it reaches the top then hold the button down till window reaches the bottrom and hold for a second you have to do the same from the passenger side window controller
Old 09-23-15, 02:08 PM
pvong713
Driver

The light doesn't even come on and the open/close for top doesn't even function. No noise at all.

I'm try to reset the auto window manually
Old 09-23-15, 02:16 PM
pvong713
Driver

Originally Posted by mrblister
If you had taken your pos battery post off you have to re-learn your auto windows up and down.
You have to run the windows up manual and hold for a second after it reaches the top then hold the button down till window reaches the bottrom and hold for a second you have to do the same from the passenger side window controller
I tried as you said and no auto window. I think it could be a bad ECU? hey Tdvlexo when you installed a new ECU did you have to go to dealership to get it flashed or is everything just plug and play and it just worked.
Old 09-23-15, 03:41 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

I tried as you said and no auto window. I think it could be a bad ECU? hey Tdvlexo when you installed a new ECU did you have to go to dealership to get it flashed or is everything just plug and play and it just worked.
No dealer needed, just plug and play, just make sure to disconnect your battery. I tried to reset my window also and it didn't work. That's why I thought my ecu was bad, you have the same problem I had. How long did you drive without putting your top down? Your car looks exactly like mine, same color exterior and interior. What else are you gonna do to your car?

Quick Reply: Auto window and hard top questions