SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Movies on GPS screen even while moving (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-16, 03:45 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

It must have been standard and I connected the front speakers to the BeatSonic, as instructed.
It really sounds great!!!
Old 06-09-18, 01:22 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

My tilt stopped working on the NAV screen and it turned out to be the little tilt motor...this is my second NAV screen and I kept the original NAV screen. It had a new tilt motor I installed about three years ago so I swapped the tilt motor assembly and we are back in business.

while I was in there, I added a splitter from the backup camera and now the backup camera shows up on the NAV screen. I did the same thing on my 2007 and like it much better.

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-09-18 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-09-18, 07:39 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Cool, I like it!
Old 06-10-18, 11:17 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
My tilt stopped working on the NAV screen and it turned out to be the little tilt motor...this is my second NAV screen and I kept the original NAV screen. It had a new tilt motor I installed about three years ago so I swapped the tilt motor assembly and we are back in business.

while I was in there, I added a splitter from the backup camera and now the backup camera shows up on the NAV screen. I did the same thing on my 2007 and like it much better.

....have a question for you Bgw70......my tilt & nav door haven't worked for awhile. I took it out awhile back, thinking that it might be off track. I didn't see anything obvious, so does the tilt motor that you replaced, operated the tilt motion & the door ??.....if so, do you have a pic of it.
Old 06-10-18, 11:55 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....have a question for you Bgw70......my tilt & nav door haven't worked for awhile. I took it out awhile back, thinking that it might be off track. I didn't see anything obvious, so does the tilt motor that you replaced, operated the tilt motion & the door ??.....if so, do you have a pic of it.
I found it...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...oor-motor.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-10-18 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-30-19, 04:12 PM
HerbTarlek
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So is this running through the Beatsonic harness? Could you hook up the camera direct to the NAV?
Old 12-30-19, 05:27 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

You can connect the Aux or secondary video input but I don’t know how to switch the video to the aux input without the BeatSonic
Old 12-30-19, 06:39 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by HerbTarlek
So is this running through the Beatsonic harness? Could you hook up the camera direct to the NAV?
No, you can’t hook the cam directly to the Nav, you need a video processor device to convert the video signal like Beatsonic or Navisk. I used Navisk.
Old 12-30-19, 07:06 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GmanSC
No, you can’t hook the cam directly to the Nav, you need a video processor device to convert the video signal like Beatsonic or Navisk. I used Navisk.
no disrespect Gman but my back up camera is connected directly to the NAV screen.
perhaps I misunderstood....
Old 12-31-19, 09:35 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 457 Likes on 383 Posts

no disrespect Gman but my back up camera is connected directly to the NAV screen.
perhaps I misunderstood....
The beatsonic people said the nav screen has a RGB input (Red/Green/Blue) and Backup cameras have AV outputs. They claimed that unless you had a "multiplexer?" or a beatsonics, you couldn't hook up your backup camera to your nav screen.

It would be awesome if they were wrong, but someone would have done it by now if they weren't (Maybe you are the first BGW?)
Old 12-31-19, 10:33 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

In theory, you wouldn't need a multiplexer but you would need a converter from AV to RGB, unless your camera has an RGB output.
Old 12-31-19, 04:03 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
The beatsonic people said the nav screen has a RGB input (Red/Green/Blue) and Backup cameras have AV outputs. They claimed that unless you had a "multiplexer?" or a beatsonics, you couldn't hook up your backup camera to your nav screen.

It would be awesome if they were wrong, but someone would have done it by now if they weren't (Maybe you are the first BGW?)
He utilizes the beatsonic connector to output the backup camera to the OEM gps screen. The backup camera output to both screens in his car via a video splitter.
the BeatSonic unit is the one that switches the screen from GPS input to RGB input when you put the car in reverse. If you can somehow figure how to trigger that, then you don't need BeatSonic/navtools/naviks, etc. for backup camera installation.

Last edited by digitatc; 12-31-19 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-01-20, 11:31 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, the video output of the camera is just an RCA connector and it can be plugged directly into the NAV screen video RCA connector installed with the BeatSonic adapter.
beatsonic controls the NAV screens...primary is OEM GPS NAV.
secondary is what ever you want...back up camera, radio video output or what ever.

beatsonic does nothing to the video signal...
Old 01-01-20, 12:01 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Guys, the video output of the camera is just an RCA connector and it can be plugged directly into the NAV screen video RCA connector installed with the BeatSonic adapter.
beatsonic controls the NAV screens...primary is OEM GPS NAV.
secondary is what ever you want...back up camera, radio video output or what ever.

beatsonic does nothing to the video signal...
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you put the car in reverse, the BeatSonic tells the Nav controller (in the trunk) to switch to the RGB input (the backup camera input)?
Otherwise how does the OEM screen knows when to switch to RGB input?
Old 03-28-23, 10:31 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by digitatc
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you put the car in reverse, the BeatSonic tells the Nav controller (in the trunk) to switch to the RGB input (the backup camera input)?
Otherwise how does the OEM screen knows when to switch to RGB input?
@digitatc sorry, I never answered you…the NAV screen has two inputs, primary is the normal GPS maps, the other is the backup camera input.
you switch between the two using the mode button on the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Movies on GPS screen even while moving (with pics)