SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Windshield Sprayer (Pump?) Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 03:15 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Windshield Sprayer (Pump?) Problem

So I noticed a new problem today and not sure what to do. I know there is a thread on adjusting the nozzles for better spray but that is not my problem. I noticed that I get no spray from the washer nozzles. I know this was working last week but has since stopped. I tried to troubleshoot. I am able to initiate the headlight washers when the headlights are illuminated. So that function is working properly. I noticed the hose connection on the driver side at the windshield. I disconnected it and blew air into the nozzle half, worked properly and not clogged. I tried to blow air into the other half, and didn't seem clogged. This leads to me to believe two things. One, the pump under the washer fluid reservoir has failed... but then why do the headlight washers still function? Maybe a second pump? or Two, the pump fuse has tripped. Anyone know which fuse controls these pumps? Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-08-15, 03:32 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
So I noticed a new problem today and not sure what to do. I know there is a thread on adjusting the nozzles for better spray but that is not my problem. I noticed that I get no spray from the washer nozzles. I know this was working last week but has since stopped. I tried to troubleshoot. I am able to initiate the headlight washers when the headlights are illuminated. So that function is working properly. I noticed the hose connection on the driver side at the windshield. I disconnected it and blew air into the nozzle half, worked properly and not clogged. I tried to blow air into the other half, and didn't seem clogged. This leads to me to believe two things. One, the pump under the washer fluid reservoir has failed... but then why do the headlight washers still function? Maybe a second pump? or Two, the pump fuse has tripped. Anyone know which fuse controls these pumps? Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
In my 2005 sc430 the fuse is behind the passenger side kick panel # 26 also fuse # 18
Old 07-08-15, 03:39 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

YUP! That fixed it! So I guess the headlight washers and the windshield washer pumps are not the same nor on the same fuse. Thanks MrBlister!
Old 07-08-15, 03:43 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

YUP! That fixed it! So I guess the headlight washers and the windshield washer pumps are not the same nor on the same fuse. Thanks MrBlister!
Your welcome our cars are somewhat bullet proof. Not sure why the fuse tripped keep your eye on it.
Old 07-08-15, 03:46 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Haha, It was in the wrong spot, I can bet money that I put it in a "dummy" spot without thinking about it last week when I was looking for a possible tripped fuse (which turned out to be a dying battery in my media player key fob).
Old 07-08-15, 03:48 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Haha, It was in the wrong spot, I can bet money that I put it in a "dummy" spot without thinking about it last week when I was looking for a possible tripped fuse (which turned out to be a dying battery in my media player key fob).

I have done the same and worse . Like looking for your glasses when there on your head
Old 07-14-15, 02:48 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I have done the same and worse . Like looking for your glasses when there on your head
Exactly ! I have those senior moments now weekly