SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Silver Bullet build Thread Phase II - intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-15, 09:56 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

how do you guys remove the headlight washers? also how do you keep the fluid from coming out?
The following users liked this post:
CCC-TT (06-03-20)
Old 06-30-15, 07:47 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mademedoit
^The sub is pretty light bro, like >2 lbs.

I replaced the OEM sub with a 2-channel sub from Polk. It has a really big magnet and I'm guessing closer to 10 lbs
Old 06-30-15, 07:51 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuterz
how do you guys remove the headlight washers? also how do you keep the fluid from coming out?
I haven't done it yet but will screw bolts into the end of the hoses. I am looking for some duct/vent inserts to fit into the holes in the bumper and dircto the air to TBD. One member welded the plastic and repainted the bumper but I don't have those skills.
Old 07-04-15, 02:04 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default Weight considerations

See and add to

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post9100943

Last edited by SlvBullet; 10-09-15 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-04-15, 02:43 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I found this last week and turned out to be an interesting read... you might find something helpful in here since it seems you're going for track records with all the weight reduction.
http://570sx.blogspot.com/2009/10/le...treet-car.html
Old 07-04-15, 03:21 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I found this last week and turned out to be an interesting read... you might find something helpful in here since it seems you're going for track records with all the weight reduction.
Will read thanks. But hahaha I'm certainly not looking to break any records simply trying to do a bit better - for the weight the SC430 is rather under powered ...

I'm not racing other than against myself but I'd like to keep up with the pack. i do want to do autocross next year in addition to the road track days.
Old 07-04-15, 03:40 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Awesome! 400+ wHp ... With that much power, weight is much less of an issue. I will contact those guys.

Thanks

Last edited by SlvBullet; 07-04-15 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-09-15, 09:03 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default Added Cusco lower brace

More chassis stiffening is good. The Cusco Lower Brace for the GS fits the SC and replace a weaker part. Some weight gane but will contribute to better handling.

See for example Vividracing ... Cusco type II Front Lower bar Lexus GS400 JSZ161 '97-05

Was special order from Japan. Came in about two months.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Bullet build Thread Phase II - intro-image.jpeg  
Old 10-09-15, 09:09 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default Upgraded coilovers with Swift springs

More on the handling improvements.

I was riding on Megan LP coilovers and the springs were a bit too soft for aggressive corners; still some roll. Went to stiffer Swift springs - called Swift and we went to 12 in front and 10 in the rear and changed the length to be the same front and rear.

Have yet to try them out at the track.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Bullet build Thread Phase II - intro-image.jpeg  
Old 10-09-15, 09:30 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default Carbon Fiber

I added replacement hood and trunk lid in dry carbon fiber from Seibon Carbon. This in addition to the rear diffuser I had installed. Hood dropped about 15 lbs and trunk about 30 lbs. In the hood I also gained the vents - the large central vents helps pull air through the radiator and transmission cooler. The side vents let out heat from the engine compartment. Using Dash Commander the radiator trmps are lower. The air intake temperature is the same as exterior air. I use the K&N dropin airfilter and I added a BFI addition with 3" duct to the area in front and below the radiator, with a scoop that collects the air coming up after passing under the front air dam.

Details re. BFI are in another thread.

CF overview picture is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post9203423

I applied black plastic dip and then painted with base, color, and clear the sides of the trunk lid and hood along the contour lines. Then I used 3D CF vinyl to connect the hood and trunk lid along the vehicle contour. I added CF vinyl tonthe front bumper to end the flow.

More and better pictures to come.
Old 10-09-15, 09:39 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default HKS Speed Limt Defeater (SLD)

After the Supra TT LSD 3.77 differential swap, the top speed measured on a dyno was 118 mph. The ECU does not understand the new rear end gear ratio.

See another thread about this issue but I installed the HKS SLD and it works but throws the cel/VCS/VCS OFF lights with code P0980. Even so the car runs well but there us a big drop in mileage. I'll try it a bit more but I am not comfortable with drivng with the engine lights on even know I know what they mean. HKS USA says the product is only supported for JDM cars ...

The Apexi Rev Speed Meter also has a defeat speed limiter function so that might be the option.
Old 10-10-15, 04:45 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
I added replacement hood and trunk lid in dry carbon fiber from Seibon Carbon. This in addition to the rear diffuser I had installed. Hood dropped about 15 lbs and trunk about 30 lbs. In the hood I also gained the vents - the large central vents helps pull air through the radiator and transmission cooler. The side vents let out heat from the engine compartment. Using Dash Commander the radiator trmps are lower. The air intake temperature is the same as exterior air. I use the K&N dropin airfilter and I added a BFI addition with 3" duct to the area in front and below the radiator, with a scoop that collects the air coming up after passing under the front air dam.

Details re. BFI are in another thread.

CF overview picture is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post9203423

I applied black plastic dip and then painted with base, color, and clear the sides of the trunk lid and hood along the contour lines. Then I used 3D CF vinyl to connect the hood and trunk lid along the vehicle contour. I added CF vinyl tonthe front bumper to end the flow.

More and better pictures to come.
Drop 60lbs with no mods...the SC430 has a 19.8 gallon fuel tank. Gas weighs about 6lbs per gallon, if you fill the car half full, you have reduced the weight by 60lbs.
The following users liked this post:
ivanj (04-23-19)
Old 10-10-15, 08:50 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Drop 60lbs with no mods...the SC430 has a 19.8 gallon fuel tank. Gas weighs about 6lbs per gallon, if you fill the car half full, you have reduced the weight by 60lbs.
Sure - got that one down ...