Navtool - Interesting Online Chat Convo with Sales Rep

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 09:07 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Navtool - Interesting Online Chat Convo with Sales Rep

Hi Guys,

so just saw Navtool on sale as per pic below... Its almost 12 am... and a chat window randomly popped up on there site with apparently a sales rep talking about some unit that is new and not even listed yet (799$) but currently on sale for $399.... I have posted the chat below and it seems like a scam to me... and obviously no way am I interested in a product I don't see on there website..lol tell me what you guys think though... thought I should post this in case someone gets screwed.

Navtool - Interesting Online Chat Convo with Sales Rep-navtool.png

So here is the convo and he did not want to accept paypal... and apparently he was going to reduce the price more with a 100$ coupon.. I pasted the link he gave me to enter my credit card in....

https://navtool.echosign.com/public/...5FG8JS5L3K674K

Navtool - Interesting Online Chat Convo with Sales Rep-navtool-convo.png

if you guys cant zoom in on that pic here is the chat document..
NavTool Sales.docx

Last edited by 416tt; 06-10-15 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 01:50 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

He does not write very well, like me! I bet he was chatting with you from a phone which would answer all of the typing errors.
The 100k units shipped does bother me, they did not build that many SC430s. Unless, those units were for many cars...then again, this is a small company.

Post a link to the website, I would like to see their products and the chat service.

Here is the business information for the phone number you listed from the screen shot.

NAVTOOL
260 CHRISTOPHER LN, STE 101
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10314-1631
(718) 663-9009

A little more info about the company...
http://listings.findthecompany.com/l...aten-Island-NY

Could this be what he was referring too? Navtool 2.0
http://www.navtool.com/navrgb2.aspx

He may be legitimate!

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-11-15 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-11-15, 05:30 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe it's legit. As an owner of ver 2.0 I got an email from them offering the new version which would allow mirroring of your phone on your nav screen. they offered full credit for old unit if I return it.

They shipped beta units late last year, in their first production run. Member Lexusalexm, here already got one. It has ability to stream Netflix, YouTube and Google Maps to your nav screen. It requires more disassembly because you need to run a harnes to the front of the cabin to plug in your smart phone. There's too much data to stream via Bluetooth.

This guy also chatted with me when I bought my 2.0 last month. Same poor typos. In that chat he said that the new unit was not available yet but he told me that it was expected to ship in September.
Old 06-11-15, 07:09 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys... so how would I pay for this item? I don't really trust putting a credit card specially in that link... I mean it be nice if I could add that item to the cart but it doesn't seem to have a listing... how did you guys order it?

second question... So it gives you an input for your phone through HDMI? what about the audio? is there an output from the new NAVTOOL for audio that I could plug into vaistech?

I cant seem to find any details about this device regarding inputs/outputs... exactly what is required...

Thank you!
Old 06-24-15, 07:11 AM
xolsterg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware Navtool takes deposits and never ships products

Check out the BBB reports dozens of them: BBB has an alert on them.

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/Bus...and-ny-128020/
Old 06-24-15, 07:35 AM
lexusalexm
Driver School Candidate

You ordered something from them and you didn't get it ? I actually got mine in a couple of days, this forum is full of people that got their , I got regular NavTool then I got upgrade
Old 06-24-15, 07:39 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the same offer but I'm happy with the v2.0. When I ordered the v2.0 it took them months to finally ship. They have the generic system in house but without the car specific connectors. Then they accumulate orders for a combined order for the harness connectors from Japan. Their communications are partial truths in the sense that they would say it had shipped but no tracking number etc and it still wouldn't arrive - but it did finally come. I also thought it was strange the product came with no labeling at all - when I asked them about it they said that the units they sell with a discount have no labels to save money. Come on, labels don't cost much but give a much more professional look to the product. Anyway I am happy with the NavTool when it finally showed up.
Old 06-24-15, 07:59 AM
xolsterg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
I got the same offer but I'm happy with the v2.0. When I ordered the v2.0 it took them months to finally ship. They have the generic system in house but without the car specific connectors. Then they accumulate orders for a combined order for the harness connectors from Japan. Their communications are partial truths in the sense that they would say it had shipped but no tracking number etc and it still wouldn't arrive - but it did finally come. I also thought it was strange the product came with no labeling at all - when I asked them about it they said that the units they sell with a discount have no labels to save money. Come on, labels don't cost much but give a much more professional look to the product. Anyway I am happy with the NavTool when it finally showed up.
Im glad it worked out for you at the end and you can be patient and wait. I will wait till they update their website and can show the new unit.
Old 06-24-15, 08:29 AM
xolsterg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusalexm
So you didn't even buy anything? And you saying they take deposits and don't ship anything ? Why are you bashing he company for no reason ? Lol

Actually I got new NavTool already and atleast 2 dozen other members of this forum
I just bought the car a few days ago. Tha nav and radio are 11 years old so I'm deciding between the stock look or just replace it all.. BBB reviews speak for themselves no reason to bash just plain facts unless over a dozen people taking the time to file complaints are all lying beat sonic the other choice I'm considering had none and has been around longer. Also the previous poster waiting 2 months falls right in line with other reviews.
Old 06-24-15, 11:16 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by xolsterg
I just bought the car a few days ago. Tha nav and radio are 11 years old so I'm deciding between the stock look or just replace it all.. BBB reviews speak for themselves no reason to bash just plain facts unless over a dozen people taking the time to file complaints are all lying beat sonic the other choice I'm considering had none and has been around longer. Also the previous poster waiting 2 months falls right in line with other reviews.
Welcome to Club Lexus, glad to have you onboard!

I have the beatsonic and really like it! They also provide excellent support after the sale. They answered the phone right away and the person who helped me sent me the documentation within minutes after our call.

This product looks great too, but if they cannot deliver...well!
Old 06-24-15, 02:31 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Welcome to the forum xolsterg.

There is also a unit that Crutchfield sells made by Pac-Audio called the SW1-RC as an interface for steering wheel controls. It is supposed to work with the Kenwood models (among others) that another member mentioned installing. I don't know anything about it other than it costs less than $100.