SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Head Unit and OEM Mic Placement.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 05:52 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
Great write up! So, with the BeatSonic, would the Nav screen up top still function normally? Can you also display video on that screen also? And the book with all the instructions, is it the manual for the car? If so, I'd like to get one myself. Thx.
The NAV screen functions normally and you can switch over to your DVD player to watch a movie.
The pictures are From the Lexus SC430 maintenance manual
Old 02-10-16, 07:20 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Bgw70.
Old 03-03-16, 04:53 AM
Curr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi BG,

Could you post your tips / tricks / routing for the mic wire back to the head unit, and the route you used?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-16, 04:36 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Curr
Hi BG,

Could you post your tips / tricks / routing for the mic wire back to the head unit, and the route you used?

Thanks!
Great question!
I ran it the same route as the OEM wire. As a matter of fact the OEM wiring harness is there, but I decided I should not splice wires.

The pioneer radio came with a mic and a very long cord...I ran it down the passenger side pillar, then under the dash to the radio, very easy!

Let me know if you have more questions.
It would have been better to ask this question in the thread because I did not realize I left it out.
Old 03-03-16, 05:15 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I am going to add photos of the procedure to access the microphone amp assembly because this will provide plenty of access to run the aftermarket microphone up to the OEM location.
I also want to emphasize this procedure is easy and you just need to do this when you have plenty of time...again, not a long process but if you are not rushed, you will not damage anything.
The panels come off very easy and most are held on with clips.
This procedure does not remove he pilar cover, but if I remember correctly, it is held on with three clips...I will look for the procedure.

This is the procedure to remove the headliner, which includes removing the panels on the passenger side.<br/>

Old 03-03-16, 05:24 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Remove the light fixture, this where the Mic will be installed.
Remove the passenger side door jam trim panel, the one with the Lexus light. Remember to disconnect the light connector.
Now moving toward the front of the care, remove the next piece, it travelers up the side of the dash and door jam...
Next should be the pilar piece.
I did loosen the roof piece just above the windshield, this allowed me to run the mic wire from the light assembly to toward the right side., now run the wire down the pilar. Push the wire behind the other wires to hold it in place.
Just keep going.
I believe I also pulled the glovebox (four bolts) more access.

Again, this is easy, just be patient, if you get frustrated take a break and look at the procedure again.
Old 07-10-16, 10:08 AM
sblevins
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Here are pictures of the XM antenna location and the backup camera.

I love that placement of your satellite antenna. Mine is inside of the car, in the corner near the windshield. Reception has been fine but if it doesn't stay that way, I will definitely have it moved to your location. It is a lot less noticeable and clean looking then the exterior of the car.
Old 08-04-16, 08:00 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Glad this post was linked in another thread. In post #23, there is a doc for BeatSonic that shows how to disable the GPS Lockout ("ie. grounding a wire, and cutting a 2nd wire behind the screen). Do this method work even if you don't have the BeatSonic? For example, if someone without the BeatSonic unit followed that document, would this override the OEM Lexus GPS Lockout? Would there by any technical side effects? Looking forward to any responses. Thanks.
Old 08-05-16, 04:29 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Glad this post was linked in another thread. In post #23, there is a doc for BeatSonic that shows how to disable the GPS Lockout ("ie. grounding a wire, and cutting a 2nd wire behind the screen). Do this method work even if you don't have the BeatSonic? For example, if someone without the BeatSonic unit followed that document, would this override the OEM Lexus GPS Lockout? Would there by any technical side effects? Looking forward to any responses. Thanks.
To your main question, yes, I believe this has nothing to do with the BeatSonic.
i know this will allow me to keep the alternate video on while I view a movie. Normally, it would switch the alternate video back to the primary video and you would see the GPS map again.

here is the other thread, see post 4. BTW, this was the thread, post 2, where you asked about operating the roof while moving.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...with-pics.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-05-16 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-05-20, 05:48 PM
JakeinCali
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I am going to add photos of the procedure to access the microphone amp assembly because this will provide plenty of access to run the aftermarket microphone up to the OEM location.
I also want to emphasize this procedure is easy and you just need to do this when you have plenty of time...again, not a long process but if you are not rushed, you will not damage anything.
The panels come off very easy and most are held on with clips.
This procedure does not remove he pilar cover, but if I remember correctly, it is held on with three clips...I will look for the procedure.

This is the procedure to remove the headliner, which includes removing the panels on the passenger side.<br/>

BGW70

I wanted to ask whether the overhead console/domelight included the microphone normally or whether it was a special part. Also, do you use the microphone amp or are you just connecting the mic wire to the OEM microphone. thank you in advance.
Old 03-05-20, 06:33 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JakeinCali
BGW70
I wanted to ask whether the overhead console/domelight included the microphone normally or whether it was a special part. Also, do you use the microphone amp or are you just connecting the mic wire to the OEM microphone. thank you in advance.
it depende on the year.
2002-2004, no mic
2005-2010, mic installed

My 2002 had no mic but my 2007 an OEM mic.
i initially thought about using the OEM wiring but decided against it.
Ran the OEM wire back to the Pioneer head unit. Very simple job
The following users liked this post:
JakeinCali (03-05-20)