SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Adding personality to my SC430

Old 09-22-14, 07:08 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nfein34
I hear what you're saying about the cost of everything. I know new calipers and off-sets can get expensive, especially on a budget. I dont necessarily HAVE to upgrade the calipers, i was thinking more of just adding red cailper covers to give it a nice look. The wheels I found are Motegi matte black which have a red trim around the rim and I think witht he matte black emblems and the red caliper cover, it'll make the car look sleek but not "douchy". As I have said, the car is silver but that is what the original owner was into and you have to respect that. Brembo brakes would me nice but those are costly (currently have a set on my Altima Coupe). With the option for the piece set of the wheel, I may just keep it at a single piece. It currently has the ugly 5 star alloy with the even uglier chrome cap that snaps in the center.
What is your budget....that will help....

No to the caliper covers and no to the Motegi's. I'd rather paint the calipers over those cheezy covers and save up and get real wheels, not a cheap set of knock offs.
Old 09-22-14, 07:20 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Why not sell the Altima and use that money to mod the SC. A SC430 with a drop and a nice set of wheels is mean looking. My $.02 cents.
Old 09-22-14, 07:47 AM
nfein34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
What is your budget....that will help....

No to the caliper covers and no to the Motegi's. I'd rather paint the calipers over those cheezy covers and save up and get real wheels, not a cheap set of knock offs.
Budget for everything (including exhaust system) is 2k. I still need money for school haha. The mods will come a bit at a time throughout the course of my ownership. not everything will happen at once. How do you feel about Advanti or Konig?
Old 09-22-14, 07:48 AM
nfein34
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
Why not sell the Altima and use that money to mod the SC. A SC430 with a drop and a nice set of wheels is mean looking. My $.02 cents.

I am trying to sell the Altima. Some money from that will be used towards the SC. The rest will be for school
Old 09-22-14, 08:00 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Budget for everything (including exhaust system) is 2k. I still need money for school haha. The mods will come a bit at a time throughout the course of my ownership. not everything will happen at once. How do you feel about Advanti or Konig?
I'd save up $3k for wheels and tires (depending on what wheels) and about $1k for coilovers. Forget about short term "cheap mods" where you'll be throwing money away. Cheap mods always look cheap.
Old 09-22-14, 08:44 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
So a silver car is only for women?
Haha right? I don't know about buying a silver SC being for women... oh and I think he said he inherited it, not bought it. I bought mine silver and last time I checked, Im not a girl. Cheers!

Old 09-22-14, 11:30 AM
nfein34
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djsurfer
Haha right? I don't know about buying a silver SC being for women... oh and I think he said he inherited it, not bought it. I bought mine silver and last time I checked, Im not a girl. Cheers!

Would you be able to send me a list of the mods you put on it. I really like the look you gave it! Love the stance.
Old 09-22-14, 11:10 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

I actually like the look you have it. If you saw what mine looks like now you'd say. "That car is an old woman's car"! Where did you get your lens tints? Trying to find them that wont cost me over $200
..thanx ..lol.....you can make any car look good, it just takes a good eye, good taste & good vision as to where you want to end up.I too am on a budget, but i won't buy just anything to say i did something to the car. Take your time & look around, sometimes deals just fall in your hands, even when you're not looking.The lens have a vinyl tint on them, I paid $20 on ebay & applied it myself.
Old 09-23-14, 01:54 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Post a current picture of your car. Then later you can have before and after pictures.
Old 09-23-14, 02:07 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

I am located in Bucks County
Jump on the bridge and head over to Jersey and we can meet up !
Old 09-23-14, 03:03 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SC430 is a classic and well balanced, the best designed car (in and out) of its generation, this old lady is still a head turner . Most of the mods I see do not look any significantly better than the original, some look molested (imho) I would rather keep a car like SC430 in 'original package' unless a part replacement is necessary (change wheels when the tires need a change) U can mod Altima to be like SC430 but If u mod SC430 it will turn into Altima.
I have a minority opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 09-23-14, 05:47 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Prasha
SC430 is a classic and well balanced, the best designed car (in and out) of its generation, this old lady is still a head turner . Most of the mods I see do not look any significantly better than the original, some look molested (imho) I would rather keep a car like SC430 in 'original package' unless a part replacement is necessary (change wheels when the tires need a change) U can mod Altima to be like SC430 but If u mod SC430 it will turn into Altima.
I have a minority opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
LOL.....then you'd hate every vehicle I own....
Old 09-23-14, 07:11 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
LOL.....then you'd hate every vehicle I own....
No, I would not hate your vehicle, In my opinion all high end cars have certain character and charm that we like before the purchase, then mode it to the core is a sad story. I understand the low end cars with interesting mods and upgrades or an old car, parts not available or too expensive adding newer technology. Hope u get my point.....
Old 09-23-14, 08:33 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Prasha
No, I would not hate your vehicle, In my opinion all high end cars have certain character and charm that we like before the purchase, then mode it to the core is a sad story. I understand the low end cars with interesting mods and upgrades or an old car, parts not available or too expensive adding newer technology. Hope u get my point.....

Everyone has their own style and hobbies......and no, I don't get your point...
Old 09-24-14, 08:50 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you be able to send me a list of the mods you put on it. I really like the look you gave it! Love the stance.
Look for my build thread...

Last edited by djsurfer; 09-26-14 at 01:19 PM. Reason: no response

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding personality to my SC430