I'm interested in upgrading my brakes to the supra brakes.. but I have a few questions:
1) should I be searching for 1993 to 1998 JZA80 calipers? or is there specific year that I should be looking for? and what brands are available? I prefer original toyota ones, i think those are sumitomo? i saw brands like a1 cardone, advics, etc.. so I was confused..
2) I was wondering if the front and rear are straight bolt on? im aware that I need to cut some of the front dust shield?
3) from what I read, the rear calipers are not compatible? If rear aren't compatible, is it alright to have 4 pot in front and 1 in rear? or is there any other solution?
3) I have looked at new, used, and I have also seen refurbished ones by companies such as bendix? not to sure about them but a friend of mine whos dad is a mechanic says he can get me genuine rebuilt ones for a good deal.. was wondering if that is a safe choice?
4) I noticed on there site it had 3 different advertized one called reman which I assume means remanufactured.. second said semi loaded, and last said loaded.. not sure what the difference is?
5) If I do get rebuilt ones, is there anything that should come with them? any bolts, or things needed?
6) can i use my stock brake lines? I might upgrade to stoptech steel ones but just wondering.
7) anyone who has done this, how was the difference?
any other useful info would be appreciated and advice from those who have done it? even pics?