SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Update on the 2010 SC 430

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 05:52 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

New update. I purchased the patch kit from beat-Sonic and tried to have it installed. It is advertised as only working on the 2010 SC and most other Lexus models 2010-13. It supposed to allow use of the DVD changer and nav while in motion. The kit for the SC has a cable too short to install and the connectors are different. The 2010 head unit/nav are a complete change from previous model years, basically going from a DVD based system to HDD. A second problem I've encountered is that because of the vast difference in electronics and the fact that there are only 300 of this model out there, there is very little info out there, nor can you seek others who have tried out these mods. I think an extremely small percentage of these owners ever go online about their SCs. On the other hand, I am extremely satisfied with my 2010. Worlds apart from my 2002.
Old 02-16-14, 03:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you know what you'll be asking for your beautiful 02?
Old 02-16-14, 07:48 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tromly
Do you know what you'll be asking for your beautiful 02?
My mods are still listed at the bottom. The only thing that was removed is the original Lexus spare tire kit that I purchased from Sewell- I moved it to my 2010. All other mods are still there. The pioneer head unit works great and I still have the original levinson head unit which will also be included. All service records since new will be included. Timing belt/water pump were done in 2010. I treated this car as though I would always have it- that was the plan until the 2010 came along. It will go up for sale in march for $25k. I will be using it while my 2010 is in the body shop and it goes in on Tuesday. I bought it with 23k miles on it in 2008 and it now has 41k miles.
Old 03-08-14, 09:15 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default The March UPDATE

Update as of today:

2010 SC 430-Will not be getting back until the end of the month. Damages between hail damage, Industrial fallout, and damage marked on the bill of lading is now priced at over $10k. Insurance is paying $8k and I'm paying the remaining $2k, which I will try to get from the dealer. Picked up my 2010 factory wheels from the place that chromed them-They look great, but they will look a lot better on that 20 10 SC.

2002 SC 430-See classified below-NOW is your chance!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...42k-miles.html

John
Old 03-10-14, 12:32 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
Update as of today:

2010 SC 430-Will not be getting back until the end of the month. Damages between hail damage, Industrial fallout, and damage marked on the bill of lading is now priced at over $10k. Insurance is paying $8k and I'm paying the remaining $2k, which I will try to get from the dealer. Picked up my 2010 factory wheels from the place that chromed them-They look great, but they will look a lot better on that 20 10 SC.

2002 SC 430-See classified below-NOW is your chance!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...42k-miles.html

John
Well that is some great news, keep us updated, good luck bro!
Old 04-02-14, 08:25 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Just got my 2010 back from the body shop. $10k later, every body panel has new paint on it. And at this point I am convinced that this dealer has committed fraud, but how do you prove it? The claim that it left Texas in pristine condition is a bit much to swallow. I learned my lesson on buying sight unseen. Tomorrow it's going to a Lexus dealer for non runflats michelins and to have the inspection it should of had prior to purchase-I tried and the Lexus dealers refused to do it without the perspective owner there. I do love the job my body shop did, but have mixed feelings of what I went thru. Six weeks and every body panel off the car. As good as they did, I would prefer the factory paint in new condition. I did end up with an SC with the factory warranty so I can extend it. How does the paint look, guys?
Attached Thumbnails Update on the 2010 SC 430-image.jpg  
Old 04-02-14, 08:52 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
Beautiful! Congrats on your purchase at a great price!
Looks flawless and like a new baby!
Old 04-02-14, 10:42 PM
Kalel250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She looks gorgeous and classy. Great buy.
Old 04-03-14, 02:28 AM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Perfection on that 2010. Makes me want to consider painting my faithful old 2005.
Old 04-03-14, 06:42 AM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

The camera does not lie, if there was a flaw with the paint job, it would be visible, great looking car!
Old 04-03-14, 09:12 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks great ! MRM is a nice color for the SC. I want with Pearl Red from the LFA but was looking at MRM.
Old 04-03-14, 12:58 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sixonemale
The camera does not lie, if there was a flaw with the paint job, it would be visible, great looking car!
Cameras, unfortunately DO lie! I still would have bought this car, but only with a discounted price. Frankly, I would rather have a car with factory paint in pristine condition, like my 02 SC. This is second best and thanks to my car insurance (comp) I paid $2k for a $10k paint job. This car is an incredible machine-I love it!

Cameras do lie in that the pics on autotrader showed this car just the way it looks in this picture. A great looking car from 20 feet away. Upon close inspection, the price should have dropped by at least $5k! What you would see is hail damage (denied by the dealer), industrial fallout (denied by the dealer), and numerous dings and scratches. The transport company picked it up dirty and didn't notice the damages other than the dings and dents. Those dings and dents cost me $2k and because the hail damage is considered an act of God, my insurance co will probable eat the $8k they paid to the body shop. I tried to collect the $2k from the dealer. They claim that is natural damage that any 4 year old car would have. When I feel there is no chance I will collect from this dealer, I will post their name here along with giving them negative reviews on every site I can find.

I will never buy a car sight unseen again! Now that the nasty part of this is over and I have one (or two) fantastic looking SC 430 that I love. The best car on earth!!!

As I write this, my SC is at the dealer getting new NON runflats (Michelin pilot A/S-3), doing an extensive inspection, and adding the xm antenna. Ironically, I do have the brochure for the 2010 SC brochure that states the antenna is a no-cost option. That was news to the service writer, but i had the brochure with me.

Life is good! (now)

John
Old 04-03-14, 01:11 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
Just got my 2010 back from the body shop. $10k later, every body panel has new paint on it. And at this point I am convinced that this dealer has committed fraud, but how do you prove it? The claim that it left Texas in pristine condition is a bit much to swallow. I learned my lesson on buying sight unseen. Tomorrow it's going to a Lexus dealer for non runflats michelins and to have the inspection it should of had prior to purchase-I tried and the Lexus dealers refused to do it without the perspective owner there. I do love the job my body shop did, but have mixed feelings of what I went thru. Six weeks and every body panel off the car. As good as they did, I would prefer the factory paint in new condition. I did end up with an SC with the factory warranty so I can extend it. How does the paint look, guys?
WOW! Love the color!
Old 04-03-14, 01:41 PM
Slingshot1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I'm waiting for the dealers name.
Car looks great!

Last edited by Slingshot1; 04-03-14 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-03-14, 01:57 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mandyfig
WOW! Love the color!
Thanks, Mandy. Reminds me of candy apple red, back in the day

Quick Reply: Update on the 2010 SC 430