SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Need help from those that shipped cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 06:29 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need help from those that shipped cars

I am checking out transport companies. Has anyone else purchased out of state and had their SC 430 shipped. I'm going from Conroe (near Houston) Texas to Diamond Bar (near LA) California.

1. Who did you use?
2. Did you use open or enclosed transport?
3. How many miles (this is around 1300 miles.
4. How much did they charge?
5. How long from your call to pick-up?
6. How long to transport?
7. Any problems?
8. Were you happy with the experience?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John
Old 01-26-14, 07:26 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As previously posted I bought 2 SC430s long distance and had them shipped. Both times I had the selling dealer set up the transportation and made the cost part of the deal.

I don't remember the company names. I will tell you that the drivers go over the cars with a fine tooth comb at pickup and itemize EVERY minor defect, which they have the dealer sign off on. You get that paper at delivery. Once delivered they have you do a walk around and sign off.

They both used brokers to set up shipping and they paid shipper at pickup. One was a 700 mile trip and the other was about 1400 miles.

According to the dealers, the 700 mile trip cost dealer around $500 and the 1400 mile trip cost about $750.

Pickup took 2 days and delivery was 2 more days. Both were delivered less than a week from being set up. In fact one was delivered on a Sunday night.

Both were open trailers and I had no problems. There are lots of cars coming in and out of Florida. Pricing varies based on season.

Here is a picture of my Red 2008 on the back of the truck before it was unloaded. This one came from Atlanta area to Fort Lauderdale area, about 700 miles.

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-26-14 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-26-14, 07:50 PM
FLYCT

To add, I was very happy with deliveries.

The only issue I had was with Chicago Lexus dealer. They forgot to put "drive away" tag on the car. I had the car delivered about 4 miles from home at tractor trailer staging site since they couldn't get the rig at my house. I had to drive the car home the 4 miles without a license tag. I had them scan the temporary paper tag and registration and email it to me the following day.

I also negotiated additional keys with the sale. I wanted 3 Master Remote keys and 2 master non-remote keys, cut and programmed.

The 07 CPO came with Conti DWS, non run flat tires. Since it was a CPO the check list required either run flats or spare tire kit. A call to Lexus Customer service and the dealer sent me a complete Lexus spare tire kit via UPS.

My 08 has Michelin Super Sports and the 07 has Conti DWS tires. The Michelins ride much better. The Conti flat spot after sitting overnight, the Michelins are SMOOTH SMOOTH SMOOTH.

JR

Here is a very short video of the transport arrival of my Red 08.

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-26-14 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-26-14, 08:03 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Flyct-thanks for the reply. I didn't make shipping part of the deal but am very happy with the price. Dealer does have a company they use and they were telling of $200k cars they ship for them. Couldn't find r.eviews which is why I worried. Dealer says they use them all the time.
Old 01-26-14, 08:11 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Used DAS 5 years ago - Dependable Auto Shippers or something like that.

880 miles

Pick up was a pre-arranged situation - rig driver came and noted all blemishes carefully. It probably took a week to get it to my other location 875 miles away.

Car arrived with one extra ding on the door which DAS paid for me to get paintless dent removal on.

Apart from that no damage.

I asked for a covered carrier but it was picked up and delivered in an open carrier. They said the actual trip was done covered but who really knows.

If I had to ship a car I would use them again but I don't know the price - it was a corporate relo.

Personally I prefer to self drive my cars on such trips - I really get to know the car and its long range capabilities that way.
Old 01-30-14, 07:30 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Solman, I used Reliable for our 04 when we moved from Pa. to Fl. two years ago. It was about $1100. I drove it to a near by Walmart when they called that they were there. They delivered when I called and told them I was ready for them to deliver. They asked again if they could go to a near by Walmart because where we live, their truck just wouldn't fit. They were one of the few that I had contacted they you could also have some stuff in the car. Most wanted the vehicle empty, hub caps off, license plate off. They looked over the car and marked down any marks. They also did the walk around when they delivered it. We were pleased with their service. They are also one of the ones that are enclosed, we felt that was important. Enjoy your new ride when you get it.
Old 01-30-14, 01:31 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fly there and drive it home. You will learn about your car that way.
Old 01-30-14, 03:45 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by barncat
Fly there and drive it home. You will learn about your car that way.
As of this morning it is basically enroute from Houston to LA. Enclosed transport cost me $1050. Will receive next Tuesday-anxious!!!!!
Old 01-30-14, 04:03 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by Solman
As of this morning it is basically enroute from Houston to LA. Enclosed transport cost me $1050. Will receive next Tuesday-anxious!!!!!
John,

So basically you will have 5 more sleepless nights.

JR
Old 02-05-14, 04:08 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

WELLl!!! It's now Wednesday morning, and I don't see a posting yet. lol I guess you are to busy to let us know how things went. You're probably still up, playing with everything. Hope all went well. And your new baby is safe and sound in it's new home. Congrates
Old 02-05-14, 04:15 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

So sorry Solman, I didn't see your other posts. But at least you have at it's new home.
Old 02-05-14, 06:44 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

OPs-Please close this thread. Shipping is done. Thanks.
Old 03-18-14, 10:30 PM
ktdsc430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had mine shipped

Had mine shipped and I am HAPPY
Attached Thumbnails Need help from those that shipped cars-enroute1.jpg   Need help from those that shipped cars-enroute2.jpg  
Old 03-19-14, 11:06 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Nice. Welcome to the forum.