SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Audio Upgrade Assistance Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-14, 02:40 PM
SrWilliams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Upgrade Assistance Please

I have read all of the posts on here regarding upgrading the head unit with an aftermarket double din unit. I also have read everything in here about the beatsonic installation kit. But I have different question of sort.

I wish to upgrade/change the stock navigation screen. I am placing a pioneer head unit in the car that has a more modern navigation system and so I do not red the stock navigation system that comes with our car. I therefore want to replace the navigation screen with an LCD screen that i will use as a backup camera and to show the same videos and sources playing in the main head unit. So, my question is has anyone replaced the navigation screen with a different third party LCD screen. Is this doable. Keep in mind I do not need the replacement screen to do any of the functions that come stock.

Any assistance in doing this mod to the navigation screen would be greatly appreciated. What screen did you use and is it cost prohibitive.
Old 01-17-14, 06:13 AM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of good discussions on backup cameras too. In my humble opinion, the nav screen works great. I just installed a nav tool and my camera works great. Few mods necessary and a couple of hours labor needed. If you don't want the screen showing, hit the close button. For me, a new screennot designed for this car is a lot of work for little return though.
Old 01-17-14, 07:42 AM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You'll also have to consider how the lid attaches. For the head unit, the lid framework (motors and circuit board) attaches to the head unit by picking up screw holes present on the double-din standard. I don't know if the same standardization is true for the Nav screen (assuming that the lid mechanism is attached to the Nav unit ala the head unit).
Old 01-29-14, 07:12 PM
tungitek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought about it, opened it, tried it with a single din pioneer navigation. Depth did not allowed. It will be poking out and your lid will not close. I also tried to see if i can use the monitor as another input monitor but it did not have any RCA video input. I then opened the trunk to see about the navigation player; it also did not have RCA video input. They are all 12 gauge wires which you can probably get the diagram for if you want to go that route.

I had created a topic on my audio mod. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...head-unit.html hope it help.

Love to hear your upgrades when you're done. Good luck

Last edited by tungitek; 01-29-14 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-30-14, 08:21 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can use the stock monitor as a 2nd monitor if you have a nav tool or if you buy the beatsonic kit. Both allow you to hook up another source to it. I use mine as my mirror to my Pionner double din nav/head unit. So for instance I can have the Pioneer nav map on the bottom screen, a music video on the top screen and all the while my back up camera will come on the top screen whenever I go into reverse.