SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-13, 08:51 PM
reelbb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

Finally, I'm going to tackle the crimp bend issue on the exhaust for the SC430. I have a complete exhaust on back-order from Megan, it seems they're stopped producing the section with the resonators that connects to the 3rd cat and the mufflers.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to get the crimp bends cut out and replaced with some mandrel bend mild steel pipe. I'd like to keep the resonators, not just for sound reduction but the inlet to the resonators is larger than the pipe feeding it. So for those who have already modified their exhaust, did you reuse the factory/oem exhaust flanges or did you purchase new ones?

If so, can you guide me to where the flanges where purchased? I just need the 2 that will connect up to the axle-back mufflers. Thanks in advance guys and gals...
Old 12-05-13, 06:50 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reelbb
Finally, I'm going to tackle the crimp bend issue on the exhaust for the SC430. I have a complete exhaust on back-order from Megan, it seems they're stopped producing the section with the resonators that connects to the 3rd cat and the mufflers.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to get the crimp bends cut out and replaced with some mandrel bend mild steel pipe. I'd like to keep the resonators, not just for sound reduction but the inlet to the resonators is larger than the pipe feeding it. So for those who have already modified their exhaust, did you reuse the factory/oem exhaust flanges or did you purchase new ones?

If so, can you guide me to where the flanges where purchased? I just need the 2 that will connect up to the axle-back mufflers. Thanks in advance guys and gals...
I had a totally custom exhaust built including new resonators because I went to 2 1/2" from the headers out. So i needed to use new flanges. You can purchase flanges at any pipe and exhaust supply house. I purchased from Vibrant Performance.
Old 12-06-13, 02:41 PM
reelbb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
I had a totally custom exhaust built including new resonators because I went to 2 1/2" from the headers out. So i needed to use new flanges. You can purchase flanges at any pipe and exhaust supply house. I purchased from Vibrant Performance.

My Tom's exhaust is 2.37OD, so I'm guessing two 2.25 flanges will work. Thanks for the info and your exhaust setup looks sick.