SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

my new sc430

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 10:54 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Rich,

Here is a recent thread with Habious giving a very good description of the various methods.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...indow-mod.html
Old 12-06-13, 11:20 AM
lexusman01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys but i found a way of getting the side windows down with out any mods

its all about timing

when you open the roof hold the button till the windows go down then quickly push it again to close the boot and job done

like i said its about getting the timing right and it will work
Attached Thumbnails my new sc430-dscf6882.jpg   my new sc430-dscf6881.jpg  
Old 12-06-13, 11:30 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Hi Rich

Blimey, is it really that simple, how did you work that out?????????

I notice in your picture that the roof switch has the red light on, does it stay on with the windows down?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-06-13, 11:47 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Rich

Blimey, is it really that simple, how did you work that out?????????

I notice in your picture that the roof switch has the red light on, does it stay on with the windows down?

Cheers
Steve
I saw this before, someone said press the open button really fast like 10 times or something and yes the timing except I think the car will constantly beep as you drive?
Old 12-06-13, 12:05 PM
lexusman01
Driver School Candidate

yes the light will stay on,but you will get no beeps aslong as the boot is all the way down

and it looks sooooooooooooooooo good
Old 12-07-13, 11:28 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexusman01
yes the light will stay on,but you will get no beeps aslong as the boot is all the way down

and it looks sooooooooooooooooo good
Hi Rich

I will have to get my car out again, just to try this before winter, as you say its pretty cool.

How about getting the quarters to stay up when the roof is down, have you worked that one out too?
Tried to get my windows tinted earlier in the year and they said they would not do it because they could not get the quarters up with the roof down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW your car looks in excellent condition.

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-07-13, 07:43 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Hi Rich

I will have to get my car out again, just to try this before winter, as you say its pretty cool.

How about getting the quarters to stay up when the roof is down, have you worked that one out too?
Tried to get my windows tinted earlier in the year and they said they would not do it because they could not get the quarters up with the roof down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW your car looks in excellent condition.

Cheers
Steve
Good to know that it doesnt beep when trunk is down thanks,

As for your question Steve, while searching few weeks back I found this post on "lexusownersclub" by "Iom"

""""
RTM (read the manual)! On p269 of my 2003 Owner's Manual it says:

Closing the quarter windows

1. Turn the ignition switch on.
2. Turn the trunk lid opener main switch (in the glove box) from the operative position to the inoperative position
(in the canceled position)
3. Push the "OPEN/CLOSE" switch on the "OPEN" side twice slowly, within 10 seconds after Step 2.
4. Hold down the same switch on the "CLOSE" side once within 10 seconds after Step 3.
The quarter windows will close.

"""""

Not sure if it works as I cant try lol its freezing here in Canada but perhaps you guys can
Old 12-07-13, 09:40 PM
Acura2Lex
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good start!
Old 12-08-13, 12:41 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by bimmer416
Good to know that it doesnt beep when trunk is down thanks,

As for your question Steve, while searching few weeks back I found this post on "lexusownersclub" by "Iom"

""""
RTM (read the manual)! On p269 of my 2003 Owner's Manual it says:

Closing the quarter windows

1. Turn the ignition switch on.
2. Turn the trunk lid opener main switch (in the glove box) from the operative position to the inoperative position
(in the canceled position)
3. Push the "OPEN/CLOSE" switch on the "OPEN" side twice slowly, within 10 seconds after Step 2.
4. Hold down the same switch on the "CLOSE" side once within 10 seconds after Step 3.
The quarter windows will close.

"""""

Not sure if it works as I cant try lol its freezing here in Canada but perhaps you guys can
Hi bimmer

Thanks for this, found the instruction in my manual on page 247 to get the windows up when the roof is closed by hand, so I will give it a go when I get the car out too.
If both work then that's it, sorted. I will let you know.

Anybody tried this?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-08-13, 05:39 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on the find! Great lookng SC. Welcome to the CL forum.
Old 12-09-13, 01:30 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful automobile, congrats on a great purchase!
Old 12-09-13, 06:33 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Hi bimmer

Thanks for this, found the instruction in my manual on page 247 to get the windows up when the roof is closed by hand, so I will give it a go when I get the car out too.
If both work then that's it, sorted. I will let you know.

Cheers
Steve
I haven't even checked the book, but im glad you found it! Im going to wait until its warm also, and thanks

Last edited by 416tt; 12-09-13 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 12:15 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexusman01
thanks guys but i found a way of getting the side windows down with out any mods

its all about timing

when you open the roof hold the button till the windows go down then quickly push it again to close the boot and job done

like i said its about getting the timing right and it will work
Hi Rich

Not had time to try it yet, but how do you get them up again, 'open and close the roof'?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-16-13, 01:09 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

looks nice, congrats
Old 12-22-13, 10:25 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Had my SC for seven years now and always wanted to get the rear quarters down with the side windows while the roof is up.
Bought LuxLink with the quarter window mod during our group buy, but have never gotten round to fitting it yet.

Wanted to get my windows tinted this year, but my local 'expert' said he would not do it because you cannot get the rear quarters up with the roof down and he would'nt be able to make a proper job of it.

Well along comes a new member Lexusman01 (Rich, who happens to be a Brit) with a simple way to get them down and Bimmer posted a way he had read to get them up with the roof down.

Tried both ways today and they both work an absolute treat and so easy.

As Rich says, you just start to open the roof and as soon as the side windows disappear you then operate the close side of the switch and the trunk closes leaving the windows down, magic!!! It may take a couple of goes to get the timing right.
When you want them up again you just push the close side of the switch again and up they come. The light will stay on the roof switch (not flash) while they are down, but there is no buzzer.

As Bimmer said in his post, when you want the quarters up with the roof down, just turn the ignition on, push the trunk lid opener main switch in the glove box to the inoperative (out) position, push the open side of the roof switch twice slowly (within 10 seconds) and then hold down the close side (within 10 seconds) and the windows will close, magic again.

Thanks a lot guys, I am a very happy bunny today and I can get my windows tinted next year.

This forum is amazing.

Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year to every CL member.

Best regards

Steve

Last edited by WIL44; 12-22-13 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: my new sc430