SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

XXR 531s on a 2010...

Old 05-26-13, 10:12 PM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I-FORCE

Now you officially are working with the devil against my ambitions haha...

Balancing problems? Would you care to elaborate because this is not the first time i've heard of issues on the SC with oversized tires.

I actually really like the 2010 SC's stock wheels but the Offset is off a school bus not a touring convertible!

Wide wheels with low profile tires are harder to balance and more sensitive to any imperfections in the wheels/tires, such as roundness and construction precision.

Now if you get lesser quality than OEM wheels you will more likely have shaking problems. The wheels are also more prone to bending because of its strengthg (lack thereof) and less protection/cushion from the low profile tires when you hit potholes sooner or later.
Old 05-26-13, 10:17 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your SC430 deserves better. Pass on the XXRs and save up for the real deal.
Old 05-27-13, 11:31 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
JZWU & Mr. Mark - Totally agree with you and no you are not the devil's advocate. This is indeed the fact of the matter but these are my reasons of justification:-
1. The SC is no race car and it's usually driven abiding to the traffic rules and regulations.
2. Roads in qatar are absolutely garbage.. I don't think any wheel will take the potholes they are to be faced with.
3. I've been reading good reviews about XXR products, I don't think I will face any issues.

Lastly, all 4 cost less than 1 CE28 and look fabulous as we saw thanks to TUTERZ.

Steve what are the specs on your wheels.. im really worried I mess up on offsets
Hi I-FORCE

Mine are 8.5 x 19 with 28 offset on the front and 10 x 19 with 38 offset on the rear (not much choice of wheels in the UK and these were the only offsets offered) so I have added 10mm spacers to the front and 15mm to the rear.
My car is running on air so I wanted to clear the arches without any mods when the car is slammed. The spacers bring them out level with the arches and they tuck under when the car is low.

The wheels are, shall we say 'budget' until I can afford what I really want, but they have been on the car for a few years now without any issues at all. No vibrations, no wobble, no shake even since I added the spacers. I have driven them on bad roads (trying to avoid potholes) and at high speed abroad.
I totally agree that quality wheels would be better, but as far as my experience shows for about the last 10k miles they have done the job. The stock wheels IMHO are aweful and I would rather have 'budget' replacements than them.

Hope this helps.
Picture with the spacers added.

Cheers
Steve
Attached Thumbnails XXR 531s on a 2010...-11.jpg  
Old 05-28-13, 08:47 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi I-FORCE

Mine are 8.5 x 19 with 28 offset on the front and 10 x 19 with 38 offset on the rear (not much choice of wheels in the UK and these were the only offsets offered) so I have added 10mm spacers to the front and 15mm to the rear.
My car is running on air so I wanted to clear the arches without any mods when the car is slammed. The spacers bring them out level with the arches and they tuck under when the car is low.

The wheels are, shall we say 'budget' until I can afford what I really want, but they have been on the car for a few years now without any issues at all. No vibrations, no wobble, no shake even since I added the spacers. I have driven them on bad roads (trying to avoid potholes) and at high speed abroad.
I totally agree that quality wheels would be better, but as far as my experience shows for about the last 10k miles they have done the job. The stock wheels IMHO are aweful and I would rather have 'budget' replacements than them.

Hope this helps.
Picture with the spacers added.

Cheers
Steve
Awesome.. Exactly my thoughts and now i have an opinion to back it up... I like my stock wheel design and they're obviously quality but the off-set is unacceptable.

I do respect everyone's negative opinion on this, i totally understand where you'all are coming from but im think im going to do it for a temporary solution at least.
Old 05-28-13, 08:50 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tuterz
man.. you've always been one of the best at photoshop.
Originally Posted by 430SILVER
Fantastic photoshop job! I like the look of the rims a lot, esply on the black car.
Originally Posted by thombiz
Sieze, Beautiful photoshop job! You're the best!
Thanks for the words, fellaz! Much appreciated