SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Pickup up our 2006 SC430

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 09:12 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slingshot1
I did purchase the car from Momentum Motorcars, they made it the easiest vehicle purchase ever!
I knew the floor mats were not the right match, Thanks FLYCT for the info, I'm going with the black ones. I was a little leery about buying without first seeing the vehicle, but David and the Momentum crew are to be trusted, what they say is what it is.
Still snowing here in Colorado, pics as soon as I can get outside.
Thanks again...
First, You are going to LOVE THE CAR! If you have Run Flats consider swapping them for standard tires as it makes the ride MUCH better.

After I bought my 08 from Momentum II had to buy another for my wife and i found a 2007 with only 14000 miles on it from Chicago, which I also bought long distance and has shipped.

+1 for David and Dan at Momentum Motorcars. I bought mine sight unseen. My 2008 had about 46,000 miles on it and it is immaculate. It still had 1 month left on the factory 4yr/50k warranty so I was able to get a Lexus Extended Platinum, warranty from a Lexus dealer out of town. It probably is a waste of money but it made my wife feel better.

They currently have a White/Ecru 2004 for sale with 85k miles for $22,000. It looks good from the pictures. http://momentum-motorcars-marietta.e...-10329464.html

Here are two pictures of my Red with Ecru Interior with Black Mats. Ecru and Camel Mats will not stay clean.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails Pickup up our 2006 SC430-carpet1.jpg   Pickup up our 2006 SC430-carpet2.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 09:32 AM
Slingshot1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Run flats

I do have run flats, looking into swapping them soon, any advice on an all season tire. I don't want to get caught in a snow shower in the high country with the Potenza RE040's.
Do I need a promo code for Sewell Lexus to get the discount on the mats? They show $111.00.
Old 04-16-13, 09:45 AM
Slingshot1
Driver

Default Sewell Lexus

FLYCT
I just read in another thread you posted how to get the discount at Sewell, Thanks
Old 04-16-13, 10:32 AM
FLYCT

I have been looking for a SC430 for some time, finally found the car I wanted. 2006 White Gold Pearl with Saddle interior, chrome wheels with a spoiler. I live in Colorado and the car was in Atlanta. Did the fly and drive, made it in three days fighting "Walda" in Texas, but outfoxed the storms hail.
What a great car, I don't recommend getting used to it on a 1600 mile road trip, but I can't think of a better vehicle to drive.
Another three days of snow forecast for the front range, but this weekend looks good for some miles.
Originally Posted by mandyfig
Slingshot1, will David give me a deal? My daughter is in the hunt for a car.
Forgive me for budding in, but being I also bought from Momentum here was my experience.

They did discount from advertised price but not very much. They did not charge any dealer fees which levels the playing field a bit when comparing to other dealers.

They have very good reviews and their inventory is primo.

Hope this helps.

JR
Old 04-16-13, 10:45 AM
FLYCT

I do have run flats, looking into swapping them soon, any advice on an all season tire. I don't want to get caught in a snow shower in the high country with the Potenza RE040's.
Do I need a promo code for Sewell Lexus to get the discount on the mats? They show $111.00.
The recommended tire here for all season is the Continental ExtreamContact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow). I have them on my 07 and they eliminate the jarring that the run flats create. Sewell sells an emergency tire compressor that also has TPMS safe sealant for about $65 with the CL discount.

Mine have a tendancy to flat spot if let sitting for a week or so. The flat spots bumpiness goes away after a few miles.

Next recomendation is to get another Master key if you were only provided with one Master. If you loose the master it gets expensive to get a replacement key programmed.

I bought a precut master key with remote from Sewell Lexus ($188) and had the local dealer program it for $60. Sewel sells 3 button master Pre cut to your vin number for $188 with the Club Lexus discount. or they have a master without the remote push buttons that they were selling for about $45 . I bought both. I keep the non repomte masters locked up for emergency.

JR
Old 04-16-13, 09:13 PM
430SILVER
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLYTC "The recommended tire here for all season is the Continental ExtreamContact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow). I have them on my 07 and they eliminate the jarring that the run flats create. Sewell sells an emergency tire compressor that also has TPMS safe sealant for about $65 with the CL discount."
I'm thinking about this for my 2004, but my run flat tires are new (came on the car I bought 2 weeks ago) and wonder if they can be sold or traded? My rims are the Lexus chrome ones. Will they work with the Continental ExtremContact DWS tires? Can you ball park the cost of the Continentals? Also, I was reading about spacers for the wheels, is that done just to off set the tire to stick out more than the original, just for looks? Do you need to flare the body work/wheel wells? TIA
Old 04-16-13, 09:29 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 430SILVER
FLYTC "The recommended tire here for all season is the Continental ExtreamContact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow). I have them on my 07 and they eliminate the jarring that the run flats create. Sewell sells an emergency tire compressor that also has TPMS safe sealant for about $65 with the CL discount."
I'm thinking about this for my 2004, but my run flat tires are new (came on the car I bought 2 weeks ago) and wonder if they can be sold or traded? My rims are the Lexus chrome ones. Will they work with the Continental ExtremContact DWS tires? Can you ball park the cost of the Continentals? Also, I was reading about spacers for the wheels, is that done just to off set the tire to stick out more than the original, just for looks? Do you need to flare the body work/wheel wells? TIA
Second the motion on Conti DWS - supposedly the best tire for winter that is not a real winter tire. And it works pretty good in normal weather too as long as you keep up with tire rotations.

Depending on what RFTs you have, there should be a buyer for them but be prepared to let them go cheap unless you have Mich Pilot Sport A/S ZP, which is about as good as the non RFT version.

If your rims are OEM18x8, then Conti DWS 245/40/18 will fit just fine on the rims.

I paid roughly $200 installed and balanced per Conti DWS tire, together with the Lexus tire warranty, cos I got the tires done at a Lexus dealer.
Old 04-16-13, 10:31 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi Gang

I am wondering how much does momument charge for shipping ? Are you guys comfortable buying from them with not even an inspection ? Also, what I have found having looked for a used SC is almost 70% of them got the hood and bumpers rapainted. Are you guys noticing this as well ?

Wow, I notice even an White 04 with 85K is going for 22K at monumental..
Old 04-16-13, 10:57 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by jonas's RX
Hi Gang

I am wondering how much does momument charge for shipping ? Are you guys comfortable buying from them with not even an inspection ? Also, what I have found having looked for a used SC is almost 70% of them got the hood and bumpers rapainted. Are you guys noticing this as well ?

The price of $22k for an 04 w/85k miles seems about $4k too high.

Shipping is by distance.

Momentum Motorcars arranged shipping from Georgia to South Florida which cost about $500, for 650 miles.
I had another shipped from a Chicago dealer to South Florida which cost $750, 1,360 miles
Old 04-17-13, 03:24 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Wow, that's Camel? Different from Ecru right?

I would love the Camel or better yet the Saddle on my WGC White car. Ecru is so easy to dirty up.
Mandyfig, for money you can have whatever your little heart desires. lol At one time I think Icenpink ( I think that;s right) had a complete saddle interior for sale. He still might. But then again if you are looking for a vehicle for your daughter, there probably isn't any leftover for your toys.lol
Old 04-17-13, 08:17 AM
Slingshot1
Driver

Default Floor mats

Ordered floor mats yesterday and tracking says they should be here tomorrow, thanks for the info on Sewell Lexus FLYCT.
Old 04-17-13, 09:41 AM
Slingshot1
Driver

Default Momentum Motorcars

Originally Posted by jonas's RX
Hi Gang

Like FLYCT said, they charge by the mile for shipping. I thought about buying without seeing the vehicle, but decided to check it out. In retrospect, after meeting with David and seeing the car, I could have had it shipped. I think it is a personal decision. As far as repaint, the car I purchased had not been repainted, it was a Vegas car for four plus years and then in FL. I'm having a clear bra installed if it ever quits snowing in Denver. I don't think it had even been in rain very often from the looks of the undercarriage.
Call Momentum and talk to David or Dan, they'll address all your concerns.
Old 04-17-13, 10:06 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Flyct, just got to say I love your car. As mentioned before I'm looking for one very similar to yours 2008-2010.

Slingshot1, congrats on your purchase. Like you I like to look at the car before I purchase even if it does cost a couple hundred to fly to see it. I've owned 3 and have purchase all of them after seeing them. Sounds like you got a nice one and it's already been driven 1600 miles under your care so you know what it sounds like. Sorry about the Denver weather. It's been a bear this year there and here in Indy.

Welcome to CL as well. Lots of info here for those that want to take care of their vehicle.

Cheers,

lar
Old 04-17-13, 03:24 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Still snowing here in Colorado, pics as soon as I can get outside...
Good to see another 06 in the forum! Lots of good changes/upgrades that year, that's why I picked it.

I bet the snow is driving you crazy (pun intended)! Nothing is better than having the top down and no car drives worse in the snow!
Old 04-17-13, 06:29 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Gang

So here is my update

I found a 02 with 37K gold original owner for $25K and another 06 silver with 75K for 23K that is clean but the hood and front bumper was repainted due to rock chips etc

So out of the 2, which do you guys think is a better long term investment ? I like them both but the 06 has more miles. Decisions , decisions ?

What do you think?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Pickup up our 2006 SC430