SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Thanks to the forum from a new sc430 owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-13, 04:53 PM
isadora
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to the forum from a new sc430 owner

Hi gang, this is my first post. Just joined the club, which was invaluable over the last few months in helping make my decision to purchase my wife's 2005 sc 430. Couldn't find the car I wanted in Florida but eventually found a 2005 TAP with only 4500 miles in New Jersey and had it shipped down. What a great car!! I had already made up my mind, based upon everyones dislike of the run-flats, to disgard the original Dunlop 5000'srun-flats and have 4 Bridgestone Serenity Pluses installed. HUGE difference in ride quality, quietness, and tracking! Now that I have conventional tires I ordered the oem spare tire kit on ebay through Concord Lexus in California. Not cheap by any means but I look at it as icing on the cake. Once again, thanks to the website and all of the contributors for helping me make a great purchase decision on terrific car for a beautiful lady, my wife.
Old 05-03-13, 05:01 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Congrats

Originally Posted by isadora
Hi gang, this is my first post. Just joined the club, which was invaluable over the last few months in helping make my decision to purchase my wife's 2005 sc 430. Couldn't find the car I wanted in Florida but eventually found a 2005 TAP with only 4500 miles in New Jersey and had it shipped down. What a great car!! I had already made up my mind, based upon everyones dislike of the run-flats, to disgard the original Dunlop 5000'srun-flats and have 4 Bridgestone Serenity Pluses installed. HUGE difference in ride quality, quietness, and tracking! Now that I have conventional tires I ordered the oem spare tire kit on ebay through Concord Lexus in California. Not cheap by any means but I look at it as icing on the cake. Once again, thanks to the website and all of the contributors for helping me make a great purchase decision on terrific car for a beautiful lady, my wife.
Welcome . Congrats on the car I have 2005 7154 miles I thought I had low milage yours is almost 1/2 mine. In the future buy things from sewell lexus they give CL members a nice discount. I dont know what you paid for the tire kit.Hope you got a deal. Why was the mileage so low ?
Old 05-03-13, 06:11 PM
isadora
Driver School Candidate

Thanks MR,
Glad to be apart of the club. I actually purchased the car in November of this past year. At that time it had 4500 mi. My wife uses it as a daily driver for her work and we've had the pleasure of taking a couple of road trip to Sarasota. As a consequence, we are up to 8000 miles on the odometer and enjoying every mile of it! The car was given to the previous owner (only owner before us) by her employer who retired. Shortly before her retirement, she took her employee to the local Lexus dealership in New Jersey and said "pick a car"! she chose the sc 430 and basically kept it in a garage until she put it up for sale on Cargurus.com (great website) in November of 2012. I gave her an offer and the rest is history.

Regarding the spare tire kit. I paid $899 delivered. I did go on the Sewell website and they would have been the same with a 10% discount included but I would have paid additionally for shipping. Regardless, I still think this was a lot of money, but given the fact that I am now running conventional tires and my wife is the primary driver, I wanted the peace of mind knowing that the proper spare was in the boot. Apart from the fact that I like to keep all of the cars I own stock.

You can still enjoy the fact that you, more than likely, have the lowest mileage 2005 around!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do!

Regards
Old 05-03-13, 06:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 05-03-13, 06:43 PM
isadora
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the welcome and I expect to gain a wealth of knowledge through this forum.
Old 05-03-13, 06:57 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Where in Florida are you based?

I have a place in Ft Laud and another in Bradenton. We commute often between the two locations.

I bought a 2007 with 14,000 miles on it back in December and had it shipped from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale. I thought mine was low mileage.

JR
Old 05-03-13, 07:04 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Regarding the OEM spare tire kit; my 2007 was purchased as a CPO car. Being the dealer had brand new Continental DWS, on-run flat tires installed they needed to buy me a new OEM spare tire kit.

I just installed it this week. It only took about 45 minutes taking my time.

My other SC430 has a Mazda Spare tire in the trunk which just lays there and takes up much less room.

JR
Old 05-03-13, 08:26 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Glad to hear about another 2005 TAP SC430. And from NJ even - wow. Mine was a Long Island NY car before I bought it and brought it over to NJ in 2008. At 4500 miles, you have a spring chicken. I'm pushing 62k and it still rides great. Enjoy and hopefully you benefit more from all the helpful people in this forum.
Old 05-04-13, 06:03 AM
isadora
Driver School Candidate

Thanks OBT, I have to admit I wasn't completely sold on the TAP color, however my wife loves it and I have grown to appreciate it as well. Enjoy yours.
Old 05-04-13, 06:08 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome to the forum
Old 05-04-13, 09:19 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Welcome to the forum isadora and congratulations on the purchase. Be sure to post pictures.
Old 05-04-13, 04:45 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks OBT, I have to admit I wasn't completely sold on the TAP color, however my wife loves it and I have grown to appreciate it as well. Enjoy yours.
No need to say TAP then - the most accurate description I have ever heard of our color is "black cherry". Just got a compliment on the color the other day when someone dropped me off at my car parking spot so I am pretty happy with TAP/black cherry.
Old 05-05-13, 04:05 AM
isadora
Driver School Candidate

Harold 57, I'll post some pictures when I get the chance. OBP, you're right about the compliments. I can't tell you how many times (depending on the light) someone has mistaken the color for black. It is a very subtle and in my opinion classy color.
Old 05-05-13, 08:48 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrates and Welcome. You'll find the people here are the greatest, for either stock or modifying questions. Between everyone they know everything. They have done everything and are willing to share.
Old 05-05-13, 08:51 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Where in Florida are you based?

I have a place in Ft Laud and another in Bradenton. We commute often between the two locations.

I bought a 2007 with 14,000 miles on it back in December and had it shipped from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale. I thought mine was low mileage.

JR
Flyct I'll keep an eye out for you in Bradenton.

Quick Reply: Thanks to the forum from a new sc430 owner