SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just changed out Daytime running lights on my 07 PB

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-13, 08:18 PM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shintaro
I replaced the wiring of the highlight with fog light wiring.
The switch of the steering is changed.

A Daylight turns on in a regular fog light.
What happens when you pull to turn the high beam?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-13, 04:40 PM
shintaro
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I attached DRL decoder.
A wiring became long.
A fog light and the exchange of the highlight were thereby possible.

Originally Posted by Options2k
What happens when you pull to turn the high beam?

Thanks.
Old 04-01-13, 10:04 PM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...let me know how it goes guys. I'm like alot of us around here. I've done a ton of things to this car & others, which were probably alot harder. But just hadn't had the nerves to drop the bumper yet...lol
Originally Posted by mandyfig
I have to break the "bumper barrier." I have fog LED's which are collecting dust and I need to get off my behind and take this on.
Texsexlex and Mandyfig: I finally found some time over the long weekend and tackled this job on my 06. Dropped the bumper following instructions from Talwang and SlvBullet. This was not hard at all...just tedious and required patience. I must admit that I had already done a similar job on my daughter's Honda Accord so sort of had a feel for it. In the process, I replaced:
  • Oem D4S HIDs with Philips Ultinon 6000K bulbs
  • 168/194 halogen parking lights with LEDs T10
  • Halogen H3 fogs with 6000K Morimoto H3C HIDs
  • 168/194 halogen front side markers with LEDs T10
  • 9005 DRL/high beam with 25W Cree bulbs
  • A custom made string of LEDs using Eagle Eyes lights as DRL by the fogs

The front looks amazing and I really like the look compared to oem. There is a lot of light with the fogs on so I will now use the fogs when needed.

My only disappointment were the Cree lights. Although the light output is noticeably more than 68 SMD LEDs but the color (although advertised as 6000K) does not match the rest of the front lights. My choice now is to either turn the DRL off and use halogen 9005 as high beam or go back to ijdmtoy LEDs with the module and see if it works this time. Fortunately, the replacement of the 9005 bulbs can be done without touching the bumper. However, if needed I will do it again....probably in much shorter time. Hopefully, this will give you some encouragement.

I will post some pictures....along with some tricks that I learnt in the process, hopefully after coming weekend.

Cheers.
Old 04-01-13, 10:34 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered some Sylvania Silverstar ZXE 9005 SZ/2 Headlight Bulbs for my DRLs to get the whiter look. Since they are on in the day I didnt really care too much that they are tinit (reduced visibility). It was the easy way out. I previously tried the Slyvania Silverstar (regular) and they were whiter than OEM but not enough, never tried the Ultras. Ill post my results once they are in the car. Has anyone replaced the bulb in the line area to the far outside of the light? I think it might be the blinker but I cant remember. LEDs in that would look cool like in the CTS-Vs.
Old 04-02-13, 08:56 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
I just ordered some Sylvania Silverstar ZXE 9005 SZ/2 Headlight Bulbs for my DRLs to get the whiter look. Since they are on in the day I didnt really care too much that they are tinit (reduced visibility). It was the easy way out. I previously tried the Slyvania Silverstar (regular) and they were whiter than OEM but not enough, never tried the Ultras. Ill post my results once they are in the car. Has anyone replaced the bulb in the line area to the far outside of the light? I think it might be the blinker but I cant remember. LEDs in that would look cool like in the CTS-Vs.
If you are referring to the Park Lights on the head lamp, yes. I have LED's and they are sweet. Matches my LED DRL's.